General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Dangerous to work on your car outside sometimes!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2001, 09:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't know what the heck is wrong with some people these days. I just read in the 5th gen. board about road rage, and that got me thinking back. This was what happened, I was working on my car outside. My house had a driveway with a top, so it's still very open to people. It was in the later afternoon, about 5pm or so. At that time, I was tweaking my subs in my trunk when I heard this loud noise. I quickly turned around, and saw a few punks in car that just threw out a beer bottle. I think they were aiming for me. Instead, the beer bottle landed about a few feets away from me. I also heard they were yelling something. I know they were driving some kind of domestic car, so it was probably some import haters. Anyway, I got really pissed off, but I couldn't do anything. They were long gone by then. I mean, what if the bottle did hit me? My driveway is kind of big, so there is about I would say 10 feet from my car to the street. That's the problem when I'm working on my car because my house is located in front of a busy street. So, I'm prone to get hit if someone try to throw something at me when my back is turned. I am sure that are some either Asian haters or import haters around where I live. On some occasions, there would be punks driving by yelling obscene or racist words at me. That's one thing, but throwing a beer bottle at me? That's stepping over the limit. This beer bottle incident wasn't the first time. The first time a similiar thing happened to me. The first time, some punks threw out a paint can cap at me. It didn't hit me either because of the large area of my driveway. Both times my back was turned. That's the only problem I have working on my car. Now, whenever I work on my car, I make sure I pay more attention to the cars passing by. And I try to not have my back turned as much as I can. I just hate people that are like that. I don't care about if they just call me names when they passed me in their cars. However, throwing spray can caps and beer bottles at me is different. I bet in both incidents, the people involved were chicken. They had no guts to face me face to face. So, they had to wait until I turned my back. How lame. I seriously wonder were these incidents happened because I'm Asian or because I drive an fixed up import. Both incidents, the guys were white and drove domestic cars. That was about the only thing I could tell at that time. I don't recall their cars passing me again. There's a local high school that's just up the street, so it's probably some punks picking up their friends. That's why I wish I had a garage, so I can "safely" work inside on my car. I know I live in an area that's not exactly what you call a pleasant/safe place, but I had no idea until now. So, be careful out there guys. I was lucky not to get hit by those idiots.
Old 01-28-2001, 10:04 PM

Damn, that sux.
Old 01-28-2001, 10:06 PM

I got to laugh because thats some real messed up $hit

I would invest in some sort of reflective shielding or something or better yet stack your chips up and move the hell out of there.Thats Just crazy!
Old 01-28-2001, 10:23 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I live in a development, so there are less traffic.

I still pay attention who's driving by. Especially, the ones that drives really slow and that doesn't seem to belong in my neighborhood. Punks will try to scope out before they attempt to do any criminal activies. My brother's car has been broken into twice in from the house. He has an alarm and they still try to steal stuff. I now have a motion sensor flood light that's super bright. I have my car parked with front facing the street incase we need give chase. My advice. If you are working under the hood, face the car towards the house. If you are working in the trunk, face the car towards the street. Get a gun and next time bust few rounds in the air. That will let them know not only white folks have guns
Old 01-28-2001, 11:02 PM

there are just F*#@# up people out there

one day i was driving down the street by my house behind this red mini-truck w/ a couple of white punks (could have been any other race) and i saw something fly out their window.. didn't realize unitl later i kept seeing it happen that they were trying to hit the pedestrians on the sidewalk! they were so cruel, they'd even try to hit old grandpa's on the street. how messed up is that? some really cruel bastards out in this world.. makes you think where they learn they're humor.
Old 01-29-2001, 12:07 AM

These same people show up on max.org

too and talk trash, "cough suprchmax cough" so no matter were you go they still come after you haha.
Old 01-29-2001, 05:37 AM

I think morons who do this kind of stupid stuff probably thinks it's funny or trying to impress their idiotic friends of theirs. I bet they wouldn't have the guts to do stuff like this if they are alone. I got a 5 yrs. old nephew that likes to hang around me and sometimes he would be with me when I'm working on my car. I'm glad that he wasn't around those two times. If my nephew was around during those incidents, I would go crazy. I more than likely would try to run down the idiots and give them a beating. And I wouldn't care if I'm outnumbered. The area where I live is actually quite peaceful. The residents here are mostly retirees and people starting a family. The problem is that there's a high school up the street. So, there are punks that think they're cool and like to show off to their friends. If I had the money, I would move out of here in a heartbeat. There are some crazy *** people out there, that's for sure. I learn the hard way to always be aware of your surroundings, and the people that drives by.
Old 01-29-2001, 06:08 AM

Dumass's in Nawlins!

Michael, you can come by my house anytime ya want to, I've got that nice big drive way.
Old 01-29-2001, 09:15 AM

that's why i live in NY.
the center of where multi-culture multi-nationality gathering. especially where i live, asian prolly outnumber white. so less chance of being the target of racial hate incidents.
Old 01-29-2001, 10:33 AM

Living in the *** Crack of the hudson valley in upstate NY has its ups and downs as well. A big down side is being one of 5 different Race families in the town. Race issues are not really visible but thats the kind that sucks.
Personally i would rather deal with Open racism than Closed racism.

Glad I have a Long Private Driveway to work on the Car.

Mmmmm Kay
Old 01-29-2001, 04:55 PM

Yeah try to park so you are not facing the street. Like if you working under the hood, park head in. Trunk, back into the driveway.

Next time try to get their license plate number and then call the cops.

Old 01-30-2001, 07:26 AM

Thanks guys for listening and the suggestions. I know that next time I'll be more careful.

I didn't call the police last time because by the time they arrive, the punks were long gone. And I don't think I could have seen their license plate, it's kind of far. However, from my view I had got a very good look at what car they drove. I should at the very least report it.

Thanks Matt. I'll keep that in mind next time.