General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 10:07 AM

Road Rage

Last night I was driving over to JMAXIMA's apartment to work on his car, when I had some problems with a guy in an Alero. I had to change lanes in preparation for a right turn coming up. There was room for me to slide over between a mustang and the alero, so I put my signal on and moved over. The guy in the Alero starts honking his horn and yelling, but I had used my signal and there was enough room, so I ignore him.
Getting ready to make that right hand turn I had to get in the turn lane that was about to begin, but the Alero guy starts to get over right when I am getting in that lane and he thinks I cut him off again. After making the turn he goes flying past me and the car in front of me (almost hitting the car in front of me as his lane ends). As I'm about to turn into JMAXIMA's apartment complex, this guy stops in the middle of the road and approaches my car. I decided to just put my car in reverse and back up... I didn't want to end up like those people on tv who get shot over road rage.
So I just went around him and parked my car like normal. While waiting outside of JMAXIMA's door I begin to hear yelling. It's that same guy, yelling for me come out. Then I hear him kick my rear driver's side door about 3 times, and also kick in my driver's side tail light assembly. Both are very umm.. "broken looking" right now.
Some of the residence there got the guy's liscense plate, and called the police.
Now I have to get an estimate on my car before they call the guy in for identification.

People can get crazy when they are behind the wheel
Old 06-21-2003, 10:12 AM
Cheesing away...

Sorry to hear, find the guy and hang him j/k, make sure you find him and make him pay.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:32 AM

I had a bad road rage experience with my first maxima. But this one almost cost my life as well as 4 friends. I was coming home from Minneapolis at about midnight. I just got done at a gas station and accidentally pulled out in front of a huge Ford F-350 thats jacked up and everything. No one was hurt so I figure lust a little mistake no big deal. Well I was wrong. he whips around and gets back on the freeway with me. He gets right in front of me and slows down to about 35 mph. So I am forced to pass him so i signal and pass. Then he flicks on his brights and about 8 other lights on his truck sped up and got right behind me. I mean like 2 inches away at most. So at this point I floor it, but my 1990 maxima with 5 people in it couldnt pull away. He then starts to ram me with his brush guard going about 85!!!!!!! He does it a few times and then turns off.WE were all scared so we didnt think of getting the licsense plate or calling the cops. There are some phsycos out there. all five of us could have easily been sent off of the road and killed!
Old 06-21-2003, 10:39 AM

WOW that is crazy. I would have been scared too.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:41 AM
I need a truck

that sucks ... good job keeping your cool ... if I were in that situation I would've tried to lose him before I parked ...
Old 06-21-2003, 01:37 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Re: Road Rage

HOLY CRAP Les... geez man, when will this all end? First hail stones the size of softballs in your back glass. Then, a psycho ready to kill someone.

Well, atleast you got some good neighbors that can look out for you. Hope you get everything fixed and paid for. Just take care of that baby. Good luck man.
Old 06-21-2003, 01:49 PM

Sorry guy, that suck big time. What the hell is wrong with dumb azzes like that ??
Old 06-21-2003, 03:11 PM

WTF? How in hell do you let this **** happen to you guys. First of all if you show yourself scard of course hes going to take advantage of the situation and take it over board. If you let him know whats up from the get go im sure he would have taken off. Pezking why in hell would you go park your car when there is someone threating you either you get out of your car and fight, or you hit the gas and take off dont park you car and leave it so that he knows exactly where your car is. Well I guess im sorry to hear what happened but you could have delt with the situation totally diffrent but im sure you learned your lesson. CARRY A GUN! or get some of this . You better have witnesses or you aint getting ****.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Thats crazy, i definately wouldnt have parked my car, i wouldve just drove around, till i lost him, maybe ****ed him off some more, lol. Ive had a few cases of people being dumb behind the wheel, i just give them the finger and proceed my own way. I could never imagine though getting out and hitting someone elses car. I appreciate my car too much and i wouldnt want that to happen to my car, so i cant do that to someone elses, even a person i detest...

Eric
Old 06-21-2003, 04:18 PM

I never thought that after I parked the guy would go looking for my car. I don't know about getting out of the car and fighting. I'm not the biggest guy, and you never know when the other guy has a gun or something else. At least since I showed no aggressive behavior in return I have the upper hand in court.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I've been on both sides I guess..I don't do stupid stuff like bumping someone, cutting someone off or kicking in their freakin door...but I have gotten out of my car a few times to "debate" the other drivers poor driving judgments.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:12 PM
I need a truck

Originally posted by billy_corgan
I had a bad road rage experience with my first maxima. But this one almost cost my life as well as 4 friends. I was coming home from Minneapolis at about midnight. I just got done at a gas station and accidentally pulled out in front of a huge Ford F-350 thats jacked up and everything. No one was hurt so I figure lust a little mistake no big deal. Well I was wrong. he whips around and gets back on the freeway with me. He gets right in front of me and slows down to about 35 mph. So I am forced to pass him so i signal and pass. Then he flicks on his brights and about 8 other lights on his truck sped up and got right behind me. I mean like 2 inches away at most. So at this point I floor it, but my 1990 maxima with 5 people in it couldnt pull away. He then starts to ram me with his brush guard going about 85!!!!!!! He does it a few times and then turns off.WE were all scared so we didnt think of getting the licsense plate or calling the cops. There are some phsycos out there. all five of us could have easily been sent off of the road and killed!
i don't have a response for you post because I didn't read it ... but who is that fine lady sitting on the hood of your car?
Old 06-22-2003, 12:20 AM

Thats pretty crazy, I hope he gets arrested.. it shoudln't be too hard to find him since the neighbors got his licence plate number. I actually make it a point to loose people who exit the highway with me before I park if I think I might have done something that bothered them.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:28 AM

THAT IS WHY YOU CARRY A BAT IN YOU CAR!!!!!!! I know i can not beat every person on the road in a fight, but a bat makes it little more even. Acutally i want some bear mase for a situation like this.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:38 AM

Re: Road Rage

Originally posted by pezking4
Last night I was driving over to JMAXIMA's apartment to work on his car, when I had some problems with a guy in an Alero. I had to change lanes in preparation for a right turn coming up. There was room for me to slide over between a mustang and the alero, so I put my signal on and moved over. The guy in the Alero starts honking his horn and yelling, but I had used my signal and there was enough room, so I ignore him.
Getting ready to make that right hand turn I had to get in the turn lane that was about to begin, but the Alero guy starts to get over right when I am getting in that lane and he thinks I cut him off again. After making the turn he goes flying past me and the car in front of me (almost hitting the car in front of me as his lane ends). As I'm about to turn into JMAXIMA's apartment complex, this guy stops in the middle of the road and approaches my car. I decided to just put my car in reverse and back up... I didn't want to end up like those people on tv who get shot over road rage.
So I just went around him and parked my car like normal. While waiting outside of JMAXIMA's door I begin to hear yelling. It's that same guy, yelling for me come out. Then I hear him kick my rear driver's side door about 3 times, and also kick in my driver's side tail light assembly. Both are very umm.. "broken looking" right now.
Some of the residence there got the guy's liscense plate, and called the police.
Now I have to get an estimate on my car before they call the guy in for identification.

People can get crazy when they are behind the wheel
It sounds like somehow you came in contact 2X, which pi***** this guy off. It really only takes 5 seconds to totally avoid situations like this, but we all sometimes don't do so when it's ourselves behind the wheel. If you just got behind him probably none of this would have happened--now you got this aggravation of repairing the car, probably with that dreaded stuff, BONDO, so your car is no longer mint. Yep, that dude is a lunatic, and unfortunately your paths crossed. Here in Phila PA sometimes I find it's the opposite--people coming to complete screeching stops to let somebody else turn left. They think they are goodie-2-shoes but they are really causing an accident in doing so. You can even sit at the light while it is green not paying attention and the person behind will just sit there and let it turn red again without touching the horn. PA is very weird compared to NYC to say the least.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:54 AM

check out the last page on my cardomain, it's not exactly mint condition anyways
Old 06-24-2003, 03:35 PM

Got my estimate from the body shop today. It came out to just over $1,300
Old 06-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So at this point I floor it, but my 1990 maxima with 5 people in it couldnt pull away.
We do know which gen could pull away though...

haha, just playin, nuttin but love for the 3rd's...
Old 06-24-2003, 05:04 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

that sucks

like others said, i'd never park afterwards so he would know where my car is.

I've experienced lots of cases of roadrage around NYC. After driving to Manhattan for a few months, I found myself getting eager to jump out and drive my fist into someones skull and I am not even like that. Just some of the things that you see on the roads over here are unbelievable. You handled it well, good job staying calm.. now press charges.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:30 PM

never backed down,
use kung-fu, or something. i always win in these situations.
i know kung-fu.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:50 PM

what in the... How can someone get so mad over something like that?
Old 06-24-2003, 08:53 PM

Man sorry to hear about your car got beaten up,that got to be some sycho f**ker.Take him to court and make him pay for the damaged,good luck bro!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:48 PM

now thats fu ckin crazy... i dont know how you could have avoided that one. thats nuts.

as far as the starter of this thread goes. i think you made a huge mistake getting out of your car and goin into your friends house. i would have driven fast enough to get away and if possible in the direction of a police department or someplace safe. i would never have gotten out of my car after someone followed me like that.

I HAD A ROAD RAGE INCIDENT that could have been huge but I avoided it. I made a right turn onto an onramp and did not realize that the left turn people had the right of way...i mean WTF??? i missed the yield sign and made a right hand turn very narrowly behind a white piece of junk car that was CRX size. guess what happens? dude SLAMs on his brakes in the middle of the onramp with 3 cars behind us. out he steps all 6'7" 250lbs of him and starts cursing and yelling and running at my car. what do i do? i smash the gas and drive on the grass around him and his crazy anger. i have no idea what he was going to do....just glad i didnt stick around to find out.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:15 PM

Yeah, I had something like that happen to me. Some idiot in this ragged-out POS switches lanes a few inches from my front bumper, of course without a turn signal. I honk the horn. The a-hole gets on the turnlane going onto the onramp and then suddenly jumps out again in front of my car. I have to slam on brakes again. Could you believe these folks were laughing at me. I so wanted to just pump them full of lead. Gawd, the idiots out the road scare the ****ens out of me. My advice:
1. If you think you are being followed, there is a good chance you are. Double back on your tracks, try to get the a-hole to follow you to a very public place. (like the Wal-Mart parking lot or the Sonic)

2. Get a gun, preferably something in at least .40 cal. I have a .45 Glock and just the appearance of such a hand cannon has such a calming effect.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:38 PM

Originally posted by bamaslammer

2. Get a gun, preferably something in at least .40 cal. I have a .45 Glock and just the appearance of such a hand cannon has such a calming effect.
Guns are never a solution imo
Old 06-24-2003, 10:43 PM

I'd rather be armed than be a statistic. That 2nd Amendment is a great thing; especially since it allows us to protect ourselves from those who would deprive us of our property or our rights or simply, our lives. With all the whackoes on the road today, it pays to be safe rather than sorry.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:00 PM

Originally posted by bamaslammer
I'd rather be armed than be a statistic. That 2nd Amendment is a great thing; especially since it allows us to protect ourselves from those who would deprive us of our property or our rights or simply, our lives. With all the whackoes on the road today, it pays to be safe rather than sorry.
the time it takes you to take out your car you could drive away.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:44 PM

lay some rubber to really show the In Your Face.

besides, maxima's are the natural bullet repelent, as long as your WOT, your safe
Old 06-25-2003, 12:36 AM

This is why you carry a gun with you A glock 30 or a sig p239 are nice Its just 90% of the time the wrong people end up with guns and use it when its not necessary. I dont even have my gun anymore, I let my father hold onto it. I do want it sometimes, but I realize I wanted it at the wrong time. A strap is there only in life threatening times were its the last resort. I hate road rage and have gotten into some hand-to-hand becuase of it be4, (not my fault ) I am gonna start going strapped again and I sometimes carry two. I like 10mm but the damn bullets cost too damn much, people these days disregard the 9mm and go for .40 of .45 cal thinking the 9mm is nothing. I personally see it this way, a bullet is a bullet. Once the rounds start to fly I dont car who you are, you're gonna think its something and would rather be anywere else but there. I would rather never resort to using a gun, and have not needed to use it yet. Sometimes I needed it and didnt have it. I would rather not use a gun EVER if I had a choice, I would rather do a little hand to hand. Makes things more....interesting
Old 06-25-2003, 07:53 AM

Originally posted by HitManSE
This is why you carry a gun with you A glock 30 or a sig p239 are nice Its just 90% of the time the wrong people end up with guns and use it when its not necessary. I dont even have my gun anymore, I let my father hold onto it. I do want it sometimes, but I realize I wanted it at the wrong time. A strap is there only in life threatening times were its the last resort. I hate road rage and have gotten into some hand-to-hand becuase of it be4, (not my fault ) I am gonna start going strapped again and I sometimes carry two. I like 10mm but the damn bullets cost too damn much, people these days disregard the 9mm and go for .40 of .45 cal thinking the 9mm is nothing. I personally see it this way, a bullet is a bullet. Once the rounds start to fly I dont car who you are, you're gonna think its something and would rather be anywere else but there. I would rather never resort to using a gun, and have not needed to use it yet. Sometimes I needed it and didnt have it. I would rather not use a gun EVER if I had a choice, I would rather do a little hand to hand. Makes things more....interesting
listen to this guy!
Old 06-25-2003, 08:06 AM

I would say that your first option should be to drive away and make sure you're not followed. Call the cops and tell them some guy is following you. A gun should be your last resort. I know it is for me, because a-hole or not, I really don't want to kill anyone.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:18 AM

This is the problem with guns. If you pull it out, there's a 50/50 chance you're going to have to shoot someone. If someone challenges you and you pull out your gun there's only 2 things that can happen. 1- the best case scenario - someone gets in your face, you pull out, they back off. 2- someone gets in your face, you pull out, and they don't back down. What are you going to do now?

I agree with Hitman that guns should be used in last resort-life threatening situations. And always as a defensive measure. If you don't have to pull out, don't. Best thing you can probably do is speed off. And no, it doesn't make you look like a coward.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:23 AM

I'm 20 but been driving since 15 in NYC. I think I've since calmed down and learned to move on. Almost on a daily basis I come close to getting into car accidents because people do not respect the rules or other motorists. Sometimes I just feel like putting the max in front and letting it take a hit but then I love it too much. All in all, I got into several huge arguments but never it became violant. One time I almost got into a fight at Staples parking lot over a guy who pulled into my spot. I started that fight because I came out and cracked his windsheild but his wife was screaming and crying for him not to fight and just leave etc... Another time a lady parking really hit my car pretty hard. I came out and punched her hood, she kept saying sorry so I calmed down and left. One time this guy was following me on cause he was ****ed and I was in my dad's oldsmobile delta 89, I quickly slammed the brakes and he slid right into my rear. Those cars were awesome because they were made of steel. The damage was not significant and he got scared and drove off, I also filed a hit and run on him but thats a long case. Since, I've been practicing Zen Buddhism, working out and being busy I've calm down and do not get involved with these horrible drivers. I try to move on as long as the maxi is not hurt. However, having a baseball bat and some CS tear gas miight help.

I know one time a guy who thought he was cut off on the light came out and punched my cousin straight in the face. (My cousin was on a bike). We got his plate number etc... It turned out to be his girlfriends car and the cops didn't even persue it. My cousin had a black eye for a week. In NYC cops do not care too much about petty stuff.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:00 AM

The minute the guy stopped and started yelling you know what I would have pulled out......a cell phone and called the police. You pull a gun because someone is yelling at you, you have a good chance of going to jail. You cannot pull a gun to intimidate someone else, you can only pull a gun when your life is threatened. In this situation the only time you could legally pull a gun and shoot is if the guy tried to ram you with his car or pulled a gun. Even if he came at you with a knife, tire iron, or some other object you could not legally shoot him. This would be iffy but more than likely you would go to jail. If you pull a gun you better plan on having a justifiable reason for shooting someone, don't plan on pulling a gun and having it solve the problem. More than likely, if you pull a gun the problem will find you. By the way, I am a gun owner and carry a gun sometimes.

Also, please do not call a gun a strap unless you plan on firing it sideways gangsta stile. Most people I would say 80% that carry guns should not for their own safety.

Just be safe, don't fight or pull a gun speed away after getting the guys license plate number and call the cops.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:12 AM

Originally posted by maximalex
This is the problem with guns. If you pull it out, there's a 50/50 chance you're going to have to shoot someone. If someone challenges you and you pull out your gun there's only 2 things that can happen. 1- the best case scenario - someone gets in your face, you pull out, they back off. 2- someone gets in your face, you pull out, and they don't back down. What are you going to do now?

I agree with Hitman that guns should be used in last resort-life threatening situations. And always as a defensive measure. If you don't have to pull out, don't. Best thing you can probably do is speed off. And no, it doesn't make you look like a coward.
Ok you see that right there is the problem. You dont use a gun to control some1, thats how you get killed. You DO NOT EVER pull out a gun unless you are 100% ready to shoot. If you pull out a gun and dont shoot, you will get shot yourself. As soon as the gun is drawn, if you hesitate for even one sec and its all over. One its out, its there to unload not to challenge some1. God forbid I ever get into a situation were Im pointing at some1 and some1 is pointing at me and we are both saying put it down, Im not putting nothing down. If that happens (to any1, hopefully not) dont wait while some1 is pointing at you and listen to what they say UNLOAD but never forget be4 you pull it out, there are consiquences to actions and if you not sure dont do anything. Once again this is all a last resorst, id try to get the hell out of their first. If some1 chases youdown and is really trying to come after you and you know that person is trying to hurt you then well, no choices left. Running to avoid a loss of life like you said does no make any1 look like a coward. Stay safe people and remember the guy next to you might be a pshyco so stay passive on the road.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:09 AM

Originally posted by HitManSE

Ok you see that right there is the problem. You dont use a gun to control some1, thats how you get killed. You DO NOT EVER pull out a gun unless you are 100% ready to shoot. If you pull out a gun and dont shoot, you will get shot yourself. As soon as the gun is drawn, if you hesitate for even one sec and its all over. One its out, its there to unload not to challenge some1. God forbid I ever get into a situation were Im pointing at some1 and some1 is pointing at me and we are both saying put it down, Im not putting nothing down. If that happens (to any1, hopefully not) dont wait while some1 is pointing at you and listen to what they say UNLOAD but never forget be4 you pull it out, there are consiquences to actions and if you not sure dont do anything. Once again this is all a last resorst, id try to get the hell out of their first. If some1 chases youdown and is really trying to come after you and you know that person is trying to hurt you then well, no choices left. Running to avoid a loss of life like you said does no make any1 look like a coward. Stay safe people and remember the guy next to you might be a pshyco so stay passive on the road.
i agree, my friend in my country had this argument with some guy over the car, he didnt feel safe because there were 3 ppl with that guy, good thing my friend he had a gun. he felt that other ppl had guns, so he just started shooting at the guy and the ppl inside car, when that guy went to his car to pull something. next day, in newspaper 2 ppl dead and one injured. thats what he told me,i dont know what happened to him, since i left my country.
i definetily to plan to get a gun, for this situations.
like hitmanse said shoot to kill.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:13 AM

yea i was driving in the city with my dad and step mom about 2 weeks ago when my stepmom rolled down her window to ask the driver next to us if we could move over. the man started to curse at her and yell and as soon as the light turned green he took his livery cab and rammed my brand new jeep grand cherokee which ive had for only like 2 weeks. ripped off the running boards and crunched in my side doors. we got the plates but the cops didnt do anything for us, said that because no one was hurt they dont go after people like that.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:20 AM

wow that guy has some *****, not to many people actually walk the walk..he must of been ****ed, probably didnt get no Pu$$y the night before..anyone smile and try to get some mods with the insurance check. Also the cause may have been that sometiems when u fast signal like u know u signaled but ur turn it right off eventhogh u saw the green light i dont think the blinker may come on asap. just a thought - gl
Old 06-25-2003, 11:53 AM

Originally posted by arlan

i agree, my friend in my country had this argument with some guy over the car, he didnt feel safe because there were 3 ppl with that guy, good thing my friend he had a gun. he felt that other ppl had guns, so he just started shooting at the guy and the ppl inside car, when that guy went to his car to pull something. next day, in newspaper 2 ppl dead and one injured. thats what he told me,i dont know what happened to him, since i left my country.
i definetily to plan to get a gun, for this situations.
like hitmanse said shoot to kill.
Unfourtunatly thats how it has to be if it gets pulled. I didnt want to say if you shoot, shoot to kill but these days you dont have much choice. If you let the person yo shoot go on, they might come after you or some1 that they know ect... Or they will sue you 4 everything you got.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:58 AM

NO offense to some of you guys but stand up for yourself. If some guy follows you home to talk smack, you better tell him what's up. These people are like dogs: if they know you are scared, they will mess with you even more. Last year, I got into it with some guys in a Jeep that cut me off. They followed me back to my house and started to come after me. I went into my trunk, grabbed my trusty Louisville Slugger and got ready for a fight. Needless to say, they got scared and ran off. The moral of this story:STAND UP FOR YOURSELF!!

Quick Reply: Road Rage