General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 12:02 PM

If you shoot someone you better damn well kill them. You don't want them crying and complaining while in a wheelchair against you in a civil suit.

A bat is a little different than a gun. Also, what if the other guys had a gun and shot your ***. Being macho will get your *** killed just call the cops.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaximaMoJo
If you shoot someone you better damn well kill them. You don't want them crying and complaining while in a wheelchair against you in a civil suit.

A bat is a little different than a gun. Also, what if the other guys had a gun and shot your ***. Being macho will get your *** killed just call the cops.
About the slugger, it might be fun to scare some1 off but you dont know who has what with them these days. If you have 3 people running toward you with the intention of kicking the living **** out of you, you got lucky. If some1 was running toward me with a bat all I got is two words...swiss cheese. Thats if I cant get away first.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:54 PM

Just wanted to be clear on the point that they didn't follow me home. They just saw my car later on in a parking lot nearby while I was waiting on JMAXIMA to get home. I wasn't in my car at that point, so I couldn't pull anything out of the car if I wanted to.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Driving is the next best thing

One thing I've learned after a couple of years of driving is not make eye contact with others behind the wheel, if you suspect the other driver of being angry at you. That's how you make the conflict personal and make both you and the other driver do stupid ****.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:27 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

....another road rage thread ressurrected.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:38 PM

crazy stuff, i know. people are stupid when it comes to road rage, my gf gets it and i get mad at her for it, it can kill.my story, what a day i had, very long, after work ( 11pm) im going to get gas and it wasnt even my fault, these dudes (3) almost hit my 93 maxima( back in 02) and i said something to the effect of "arsehole, you almost......" and i pull into the gas station, 1min later this pos newer ford pulls next to me and this guys gets out ( drunk as a skunk) and says something to the effect of ''what did you say?--mother *****'' and he throws a full unopened beer bottle at my head and what do i do, i jump in my max ( while they threw like 6 bottles all over my clean 93) and i drive around the gas station and stright up smacked his pos car "BAM" ( doing at least 30mph and my max was messed up after that) and they chased me around the gas station still throwing bottles at my ride, i mean 3 dumb dudes and me, so i left and my car only made it a few blocks and died and the cops came and they got away. long story short.
but yea, road rage is messed up. you dont even know these people and your going to give em the middle finger or your having a bad day and you honk at somebody cause the light just turned green, what if they are having an even worse day than you and this is the final tick to set them off? i know when im heated and some dumb **** tries to pull some shiet when im driving, watch out. but then again, is it worth it? but i will never forget the day my buddy jason swide swiped a car doing like 35 and sent em over the curb in his beater cause this dudes were asking for it, another long story.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by billy_corgan
I had a bad road rage experience with my first maxima. But this one almost cost my life as well as 4 friends. I was coming home from Minneapolis at about midnight. I just got done at a gas station and accidentally pulled out in front of a huge Ford F-350 thats jacked up and everything. No one was hurt so I figure lust a little mistake no big deal. Well I was wrong. he whips around and gets back on the freeway with me. He gets right in front of me and slows down to about 35 mph. So I am forced to pass him so i signal and pass. Then he flicks on his brights and about 8 other lights on his truck sped up and got right behind me. I mean like 2 inches away at most. So at this point I floor it, but my 1990 maxima with 5 people in it couldnt pull away. He then starts to ram me with his brush guard going about 85!!!!!!! He does it a few times and then turns off.WE were all scared so we didnt think of getting the licsense plate or calling the cops. There are some phsycos out there. all five of us could have easily been sent off of the road and killed!
Wow, that story is right out of a horror flick, like I know what you did near Minneapolis or something.

As I read these road rage posts, it really seems like there's a lot of agression in the suburbs. Seems to me in the city is where there isn't any doing something then speeding off, that's where fists meet fists or even worse.

Like I said, I used to welcome a challenge, but I guess in my mid to late 20s I started to mellow as I think it's just not healthy in a career/relationship/future sense. I'm pretty sure I can kick about 85%+ of anyone's butts out there, but even I had to back down once. I got into it with some dude in a gas station. He gets out of his car and is well over 7' and about 350 lbs. I may be in better shape but am not stupid--I ate some crow and let it go!
Old 11-28-2005, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by arlan
never backed down,
use kung-fu, or something. i always win in these situations.
i know kung-fu.
Kung-FU anit gonna do nothing with a guy with a gun.......you can't play hero with people these days, but I'm all for the bat thing....a gun is only gonna get you in more deep sh*t........
Old 11-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Driving is the next best thing

How about a club - it's always handy (if you have it )
It consists of two pieces so you can use both hands.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:19 PM

So, pezking...did the guy pay?