General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Walked a Stealth RT in Maxima!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2000, 12:19 AM

it has nothing to do with overreact or underreact or no-react.
if you don't want to hear $hit, then don't start $hit. simple as that.

you can punch someone in the face, guess what? the person might turn around and let you kick his *** too, or he might just be quiet and walk away, or he might try to punch you back to get even, or he prolly pull out a 9mm and blow your head off...
you can't judge how he should react, because you start the whole thing by the punch you throw.

kinda see the point?
Old 09-20-2000, 12:58 AM

Originally posted by WoodEar
Originally posted by Synki
Damn it can't we all ****ing get along? I wouldn think we can be more mature about it. Yes i know, who the hell am i to say anything but hasn't it clicked in anyones mind that we are here to help not to hate? WTF? Enough of this ****ing curins it pisses the **** out of me ok *******s???? just kidding. On the real, please try to get along?
please do tell this to the booker guy. he somehow has this thing about getting my name involved in his posts.

Your facts are incorrect. It was not I who originally mentioned you in this thread. It was the originator of the thread, TexMaximum who quite acurately summed up 95% of your participation on this board when he wrote...

"Woodear, I have nothing against you, but you always talk crap? When your not doing that, your either sarcastic or putting people down on this board? What’s up with that? Of course your opinions are always welcomed and you do seem to be fairly educated, however I’m not a 16 year old delusional kid that thinks every “fast” car I pass is a victory for me if they are not even racing!"

...after your post about looking for grandma's driving Diablos (a very useful, non-flame inducing post on your part). Be that as it may, I apologize if I incited you and caused all of this, it wasn't my intent. My intent was simply to congradulate a fellow Max owner on a good kill, and help what appears to be a newbie to understand this character that is Woodear. Most of us understand your act, but I can see how a newcomer might not. I didn't want to see the guy leave the BBS or something, over some foolishness. That crack about grandma's in Diablos was highly uncalled for, IMHO. So Chris, I'm sorry. This will be my last post to this thread. peace.

Old 09-20-2000, 06:06 AM

Woody just likes to sit around and laugh at us getting mad, like he has said many times, so I like to sit around and laugh at him too. Why should he get all the fun? You'll note I can refrain from cursing though

Hey, how about a WOodEar flame forum?
Old 09-20-2000, 06:47 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hehee.. thats sweet.. =)

ZuM

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
Yes Booker, the stripes do bring a lot of trouble However, my ES has something no other ES does.

Hehe...a 92 Twin Turbo engine As far as I know, it's the only FWD TT Stealth on earth.
Old 09-20-2000, 08:41 AM

Originally posted by Booker
Your facts are incorrect. It was not I who originally mentioned you in this thread. It was the originator of the thread, TexMaximum who quite acurately summed up 95% of your participation on this board when he wrote...

"Woodear, I have nothing against you, but you always talk crap? When your not doing that, your either sarcastic or putting people down on this board? What’s up with that? Of course your opinions are always welcomed and you do seem to be fairly educated, however I’m not a 16 year old delusional kid that thinks every “fast” car I pass is a victory for me if they are not even racing!"

...after your post about looking for grandma's driving Diablos (a very useful, non-flame inducing post on your part). Be that as it may, I apologize if I incited you and caused all of this, it wasn't my intent. My intent was simply to congradulate a fellow Max owner on a good kill, and help what appears to be a newbie to understand this character that is Woodear. Most of us understand your act, but I can see how a newcomer might not. I didn't want to see the guy leave the BBS or something, over some foolishness. That crack about grandma's in Diablos was highly uncalled for, IMHO. So Chris, I'm sorry. This will be my last post to this thread. peace.
1) I don't think my Diablo post was out of line.
I never said the race didn't happen, it prolly was a real turbo Stealth he beat. But like some other already stated, he beat the driver not the car, that's why I posted the Diablo example, cuz everyday I hear roadskills on this BBS that people are beating faster cars(read their drivers), I just never had this kinda luck.

2) Now, in case you didn't realize, I didn't go on after he replied to me. Why? Cuz I realize he might have taken my Diablo example offensive, even it was not my intention. So fine, let him fire back and I would be quiet.

3) But guess what? You just had to step in and call my name again, even though I already ignored his reply to me. So I am sorry but I have to say you are the one started this.
Old 09-20-2000, 08:51 AM
is invisible

I'm confused...

1) I don't think my Diablo post was out of line.
I never said the race didn't happen, it prolly was a real turbo Stealth he beat. But like some other already stated, he beat the driver not the car, that's why I posted the Diablo example, cuz everyday I hear roadskills on this BBS that people are beating faster cars(read their drivers), I just never had this kinda luck. [/I]
So would your GS4 vs. Jim's A6 be: Woodear vs. Jim...or GS4 vs. A6?

I've probably asked that before...I still don't get it I guess.
Old 09-20-2000, 09:18 AM
Baron

I hear roadskills on this BBS that people are beating faster cars(read their drivers), I just never had this kinda luck.

Maybe you're not a good driver??

Old 09-20-2000, 10:05 AM

Re: ummm =]

You wimp!!!

I use to drive a 95 Maxima GXE auto no mods none, in 99 with sttock everything brakes, muffler - 280 000Kms and I never lost a race, never. Accord V6 no prob, pimped out Crx, Civic doesn't matter (OK there are some a wouldn't battle but you don't come across them to often) If you want a real challenge try any BMW (not any M pakages they'll kill you)an Acura 3.2TL,CL or 5.0 Mustangs are all great (close)races, if your good you can win. For fun race any American car because if your good you can beat any american car around (not in drag races I'm talking with corners).

98 Maxima GLE
Black Beige Leather (one sexy Car)

Old 09-20-2000, 03:18 PM

Re: I'm confused...

Originally posted by CoolMax drivers), I just never had this kinda luck.
So would your GS4 vs. Jim's A6 be: Woodear vs. Jim...or GS4 vs. A6?
I've probably asked that before...I still don't get it I guess. [/I][/QUOTE]

Of course it's about GS400 vs. A6 2.7T, not about Chris vs. Jim. I am only interested to know which *car* has better performance, not whether *this car with a good driver* can outperform *that car with a so so driver*.
Old 09-20-2000, 03:26 PM

Originally posted by Baron
Maybe you're not a good driver??
I am far away from a good driver, good drivers are the ones that can outrun a 911 on road course with a Neon, I don't think many here can even be remotely considered as good drivers.

Old 09-20-2000, 04:39 PM

ok,ok

are we talking about, lets say an ACR equipped Neon versus, oh, let say a pos '82 911 non turbo or whatever... then maybe i'll step to the plate just joking. i understand what you all are talking about with good drivers in good cars and crappy drivers in good cars. but in drag racing, does it really matter much if both cars are autos? i guess rev points and such, but once you floor it, it's up to the car to do the rest, or am i missing something?? i can see with manuals because i've driven a nissan pickup with a 350 and kept turning it side ways trying to launch it and then the driver gets in and launches it perfectly....
Old 09-20-2000, 06:06 PM

It doesn't matter at all
I personally think there ain't much skill to drag an automatic at all.

I replied the way I did to Baron, because I want to avoid further flame war, he kinda took a poke at me and I didn't want to grant him a chance to go further