General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Walked a Stealth RT in Maxima!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2000, 12:16 AM

Sounds crazy (maybe not) but its true! I think it was standard, red, with tan interior. I saw the marking on the back and all I could see is Stealth R/T. I heard they were too heavy and all and figured; what the heck, don't think its turbo. Was a nice looking car.

Felt petty good but was a close run. The maxima got off the line ahead and stayed there by about a car length to 3/4's a car as he hooked up He backed out of a turn a few seconds from the light, which is strange as I am sure his car handles better If we would have kept going past 55MPH, I am sure you would have caught up soon. He gave up though. Any way, thats enough downplaying my victory

Other cars I've beaten are: 2000 Eclipse GT, CRX Si, V6 camaro hard top, and a green 5spd convertable v6, and a nice looking 240 SX.

Cars that took me, but close: a beater looking CRX Si that peels out with every shift. Goodness, WTF? This one didn't even look good like the one I beat :P My friend's RT 5.9 Dakota. The dakota didn't win by as much as I thought it would. Its all stock except a k&n intake.

Anyhow, I think I'll show the CRX whats up with a CAI (on backorder) and maybe a y-pipe soon. All else, I'll have to get the 355 IROC back out of my guarage I got the maxima for a daily driver to work, and so far, 6 months later, its been a blast! Not the fastest I've driven, but doesn't fall apart each week

Old 09-16-2000, 02:33 AM

ummm =]

I wish I get reved on the streets here....
but I never got reved
the only time that was close to a street race was a f***** moron that knew that I would probably die if I insist on trying to outrun him cause I am on a lane that is about to end.
go figure if I try to race him where I would end up
I must say..that was a very nice way to get a kill
and oh yeah...the moron is in a supra....
( i dunno if I could beat him or not....But I have that "the little engine that could" attitude ..hehe)
how do I know he wanted to race me? he pulled next to me and align his car
when I put my foot on the pedal so did he. so There.
but anyhow
Yeah...we can kill quite a few cars...but alot of cars can fry us crispy given the drivers is actually racing and capable.
I want to try and kill my friends riced out GST and riced out civic and a v6 accord coupe and a top of the line intrepid.
But mostly want to kill the riced out rides
ahahahaha.....
I want to prove to them that stickers and supra wings are not power mods
=]
oh wait...I have stickers too =P
you would probably have some serious competition if you see a clean lowered but not slammed red crx with 16 inch te37 volk racing, mean exhaust...gauges on pillars with big shift light...and you can hear it breathe as you see it passing you fast.
oh wait....de javu...well not really....I was imagining me driving that crx
just kidding...I don't own one
anyway
=]

Old 09-16-2000, 05:39 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Wow you beat an R/T? Sorry I think you beat the R/T DRIVER not the R/T. There is almost no way you're gonna take an R/T off the line unless your maxima is very modded.. And still then its tough. They are AWD Twin Turbo. Sorry, I don't think the other dude was trying too hard or it wasn't a R/T.

ZuM
Old 09-16-2000, 06:04 AM

Originally posted by ZuMBLe
Wow you beat an R/T? Sorry I think you beat the R/T DRIVER not the R/T. There is almost no way you're gonna take an R/T off the line unless your maxima is very modded.. And still then its tough. They are AWD Twin Turbo. Sorry, I don't think the other dude was trying too hard or it wasn't a R/T.

ZuM
yep, or he wasn't even racing.

I've had Civics thinking that I was racing them while pulling away from a stop light (in my Z). I'm thinking "wtf? he keeps looking over at me, floors it, brakes, floors it". LOL. So I look over, floor it, and they're 10 car lengths back in a few seconds =)
Old 09-16-2000, 09:36 AM

damn you people are all so lucky.
i've been dying to spank a Diablo with some grandmama driving so i can brag about it, just didn't happen yet.
Old 09-16-2000, 09:40 AM
is invisible

What are you talking about?

Originally posted by WoodEar
damn you people are all so lucky.
i've been dying to spank a Diablo with some grandmama driving so i can brag about it, just didn't happen yet.
I kill C5s all the time...it's just that they aren't racing.
Old 09-16-2000, 05:42 PM

OK, OK.

Hey, It was a kid with his cap on backwards It was an RT, and he DID try to race me. I didn't know all the RTs were Turbo, and I don't think it was AWD. He didn’t make it look like an RT because the markings are not put on, but part of the rear molding if you seen these cars before. Sure he could have changed the bumper, but the car looked all stock as far as appearance so I don’t think he went through the trouble.

I didn't blast him, but I won, and he was surprised. Maybe he’s not a perfect driver, or got a delayed launch, but that’s not the point. We raced and I won.

Woodear, I have nothing against you, but you always talk crap? When your not doing that, your either sarcastic or putting people down on this board? What’s up with that? Of course your opinions are always welcomed and you do seem to be fairly educated, however I’m not a 16 year old delusional kid that thinks every “fast” car I pass is a victory for me if they are not even racing!

I was suppressed as you guys are, so I posted it in hopes for more knowledge or other experiences with similar vehicles. I have better things to do then make things up, like real drag racing in a real sports car on Friday nights.

Anyhow, I’m not sure what year this thing was, he did peel out and kept looking over as the light turned green. So it is obvious he wanted some. Again I didn’t spank him 4 cars or anything, but I was sure I would get walked not him :0

I was expecting shocked responses and more feed back, like what the different stealth’s run in the quarter, and it is understood he may not be the best driver. Further more, I did not say twin turbo on the doors like other stealth’s I’ve seen before so I don’t think all RT’s are turbo and/or AWD?

I always heard they were real heavy and not that impressive in speed, though I think they are beautiful cars along with the 3000GT cousin. None ever gave my camaro any problems.

There is a nice silver twin turbo Stealth, 91 for sale here for about 8.5G. Worth it?
Old 09-16-2000, 11:36 PM

Re: OK, OK.

In my opinion.. The Dodge Stealth is one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. And all Dodge Stealth R/Ts are AWD, Turbo.. So I don't think they would be doing any burnouts. Hehe.. Maybe you misread it and you raced a regular Stealth.

ZuM

Originally posted by TexMaximum
Hey, It was a kid with his cap on backwards It was an RT, and he DID try to race me. I didn't know all the RTs were Turbo, and I don't think it was AWD. He didn’t make it look like an RT because the markings are not put on, but part of the rear molding if you seen these cars before. Sure he could have changed the bumper, but the car looked all stock as far as appearance so I don’t think he went through the trouble.

I didn't blast him, but I won, and he was surprised. Maybe he’s not a perfect driver, or got a delayed launch, but that’s not the point. We raced and I won.

Woodear, I have nothing against you, but you always talk crap? When your not doing that, your either sarcastic or putting people down on this board? What’s up with that? Of course your opinions are always welcomed and you do seem to be fairly educated, however I’m not a 16 year old delusional kid that thinks every “fast” car I pass is a victory for me if they are not even racing!

I was suppressed as you guys are, so I posted it in hopes for more knowledge or other experiences with similar vehicles. I have better things to do then make things up, like real drag racing in a real sports car on Friday nights.

Anyhow, I’m not sure what year this thing was, he did peel out and kept looking over as the light turned green. So it is obvious he wanted some. Again I didn’t spank him 4 cars or anything, but I was sure I would get walked not him :0

I was expecting shocked responses and more feed back, like what the different stealth’s run in the quarter, and it is understood he may not be the best driver. Further more, I did not say twin turbo on the doors like other stealth’s I’ve seen before so I don’t think all RT’s are turbo and/or AWD?

I always heard they were real heavy and not that impressive in speed, though I think they are beautiful cars along with the 3000GT cousin. None ever gave my camaro any problems.

There is a nice silver twin turbo Stealth, 91 for sale here for about 8.5G. Worth it?
Old 09-17-2000, 09:17 AM
is invisible

Or...

It was a really shotty driver and/or the engine wasn't in great shape. I've heard a couple of R/Ts that sound as if their turbos were just poopified.
Old 09-17-2000, 09:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Not all R/Ts are turbo awd...

Dodge had three models for their stealth, a 160hp ES model, a 222hp R/T, and of course the AWD 300hp R/T Turbo.

I raced one of the regular R/Ts from a light before, and it was dead even from a stop up to 80 before I lifted. I had one person in my car, he was by himself. It was probably an auto though.
Old 09-17-2000, 04:29 PM

Re: Not all R/Ts are turbo awd...

really? Here I thought all R/Ts were the VR4s.. I thought the E/S was the 3000GT SL.. and there was no basemodel Stealth.. Because we all know the basemodel is a joke. But I guess I'm wrong.. Hehe. Damn, is there a way to tell a Turbo R/T from a NA one?

ZuM

Originally posted by Larry H
Dodge had three models for their stealth, a 160hp ES model, a 222hp R/T, and of course the AWD 300hp R/T Turbo.

I raced one of the regular R/Ts from a light before, and it was dead even from a stop up to 80 before I lifted. I had one person in my car, he was by himself. It was probably an auto though.
Old 09-17-2000, 06:58 PM

could have been a badge ****,......

you know like DX accords with TYPE R badges, been know to happen, especialy if it was a kid with his hat on backwards. I mean 4 real. sounds like a bad driver or a Sticker ****.
ZumBle... Stealths are UGLY in my opinion, the best Diamondstar adventure was the ecl;ipse GSX form like 91 and a the first VR-4s were tight. the later versions after the whole organic round look make me SICK to look at.
Old 09-17-2000, 07:00 PM

Re: OK, OK.

How are the Boscch +4 with the 4th gens >... cuz i know when u get a max they give u Ngk's i bought the Platn +4 but havent installed em yet ... did u do em urself ..
the first three are gonna b a breeze to the but hte other 3 ar gonna b tuff... plz get ack to me

Old 09-17-2000, 11:13 PM

Thank you Larry H.

What is the matter with some of you guys? This is a Maxima board for crying out load, why so many doubters and skeptics in the Maxima’s ability?? Furthermore, ignorance on the other vehicles should not be let out on me? Larry H. is completely right in the model levels if you do a few searches and look up dodge stealth or stealth RT’s.

Furthermore they are heavy SOBs. I think I’m due some apologies here (ZuMBLe, got rice, doug, Woodear, CoolMax, Mr Rose, ok you guys get the point

But why all the attacks on my credibility?

Doesn’t peel out, haha. all RTs are AWD, and anything but your dumb TexMaximum...that’s impossible!

This person was not a horrible driver or had a car that didn’t run. I was only making the point that in a race, its all about who won, not a debate on if the car that lost had the best driver possible. Ughhh. Come on guys, have some confidence in the Maxima and perhaps someone with “decent” driving skill. And again, its not a badged ****, as no one would change the rear bumber on an all stock looking car just to have RT imbossed. You can't just stick on the letters like on a civic. They are not like that.

As for the questions: I never got revved on at all before the cat back. People usually just don’t go out to hunt 4 door family cars.

Also, the back three plugs are more intimidating by looks then anything else. They are easily accessible by standing up in front of your car, and you don’t have to remove the intake or anything else as it may appear. It was rather simple, I did do the front first, as I also though the back was hard before trying. You just need a long socket to put the plugs in after removing the coil packs just like the front. Nissan was smart not to put the runners over the runners but rather in-between.

The +4s have been great plugs!! I recommend highly for the maxima.

Old 09-18-2000, 05:17 AM
Che

yeah

the easiest way to tell the stealth models apart is the tt model is the only one with the quad exhaust, the es and rt only have dual exhaust exiting out one side.
Old 09-18-2000, 08:16 AM

really?

I didn't realize about the exhaust thing.

I normally look at the rims, but then of course you have ppl putting on R/T TT rims on the regular R/T, so that's not always accurate either.

Come on guys, some support for fellow max'ers would be great. Would a flame war crash down on me if I told you that I saw that R/T next to me rolling forward and backward at the light, and that his stick R/T couldn't walk my GLE w/ an extra passenger?

And truth be told, this driver had a backwards cap on too...
Old 09-18-2000, 09:56 AM

The bottom line truth is that any way you slice it, that is a quality kill. There is (was?) a NA Steath R/T, and the observation about number of tail pipes is correct re:how to tell them apart. I have no trouble believing that you took one of those dogs out what so ever. The Maxima is very much capable of laying a stock NA R/T out, regardless of how skilled the other driver is. And from the sounds of it, the guy was definately trying to lay some smack down on you, but the Max slammed that door right in his face! I love it. Nice job!

As for the nay-sayers, I posted a thread last week about how unlikely I am to post roadkills on here now for just the same reasons you cite. ie:I feel ya, bro. And as for Woodear...don't worry, you'll get used to him and slowly but surely become immunce, just like the rest of us. : )

Old 09-18-2000, 10:08 AM

TexMaximum....

I don't douibt your credibility. I just got off on a tangent with the "Stealth Sticker ****" story. Sorry.
What I had planned to say was way to go! I like to see a BIG DAWG get challenged. Makes us Proud.
LATES....
Old 09-18-2000, 10:13 AM

Originally posted by Booker

The bottom line truth is that any way you slice it, that is a quality kill. There is (was?) a NA Steath R/T, and the observation about number of tail pipes is correct re:how to tell them apart. I have no trouble believing that you took one of those dogs out what so ever. The Maxima is very much capable of laying a stock NA R/T out, regardless of how skilled the other driver is. And from the sounds of it, the guy was definately trying to lay some smack down on you, but the Max slammed that door right in his face! I love it. Nice job!

As for the nay-sayers, I posted a thread last week about how unlikely I am to post roadkills on here now for just the same reasons you cite. ie:I feel ya, bro. And as for Woodear...don't worry, you'll get used to him and slowly but surely become immunce, just like the rest of us. : )

Booker speak with straight tongue. I've religated myself to only posting roadkills that are unexpected like the recent run I had against a 5.0L Mustang GT. Even that got some responses like 'Ah, those cars are slow'.

Alot of it has to do with what the readers expectation will be. If you post that you beat a Civic Si, some will say that this is no big deal because they expected you to be able to. If you post that you beat a GS400, some will not believe you because they expect the GS400 to be faster.

Also, there are some posters here that won't respect anything you say and will always rain on your parade. You'll know them when you read them. And you do have to become immune.

Jim
Old 09-18-2000, 10:27 AM
Che

this is definetely the case

i have no doubt that max can beat n/a stealth, they are really not that fast....the tt would be tough... i never post kills simply because it doesn't matter. if i were to post that i got a car length on the is300 what would be everyones response? some would believe some would not....it doesn't matter what people say or when they flame on you. the facts speak for themselves....it is enough for me to know the cars that i have beaten.
Old 09-19-2000, 02:37 PM

Sorry boys, but you're wrong on several accounts. Here are the Stealth models by aprox weight and horsepower.

Model years 91-93

Stealth: 160hp, SOHC V6 ~3200lbs
Stealth ES 222hp DOHC V6 ~3300lbs
Stealth R/T 222hp DOHC V6 ~3500lbs
Stealth R/T Twin Turbo 300hp DOHC-TT V6 ~3850lbs

Model years 93-96

Stealth: 160hp SOHC V6 ~3150
Stealth R/T 222hp DOHC V6 ~3250lbs
Stealth R/t Twin Turbo 320hp DOHC-TT V6 ~3800lbs

The 3000GT line up was similar, but their base model didn't get the gutless 160hp V6 until 97-99.

You can identify a TT like this:
[*]"Twin Turbo" badged on the doors (none on the rear)[*]91-93 TTs had dual exhausts (although i know a couple 1st gen NA owners who have added duals to their cars)[*]HUGE *** brakes up front on all years (4 pistons, solid caliper)[*]94+ cars had large rear brakes (2 piston, solid caliper)

Based on your mods, it was an NA R/T you raced, or a TT owner who couldn't drive.

Old 09-19-2000, 03:47 PM

Thanks for the 411, Crasher.

Aren't you just asking for trouble (the good kind) with those big 'ole white racing stripes? You must have punks step'n to you at every other stop light.

Old 09-19-2000, 04:22 PM

are you f*cking insane or something?
Old 09-19-2000, 04:36 PM

Once again, WoodEar comes back with an intelligent and thought provoking response...
Old 09-19-2000, 05:57 PM

yeah f*ck you too.
Old 09-19-2000, 07:00 PM

<big>I burst my pimples at you and call your door-opening request a silly thing, you tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms! </big>

[Edited by deathwish on 09-19-2000 at 09:13 PM]
Old 09-19-2000, 07:46 PM

yeah whatever i love beef too, you fu*king loser.
Old 09-19-2000, 08:00 PM

I <b>know</b> you can do better than that, try again!
Old 09-19-2000, 08:09 PM

you know $hit *****.
Old 09-19-2000, 08:17 PM

Come on, my grandma can do better than that!
Old 09-19-2000, 08:23 PM

Damn it can't we all ****ing get along? I wouldn think we can be more mature about it. Yes i know, who the hell am i to say anything but hasn't it clicked in anyones mind that we are here to help not to hate? WTF? Enough of this ****ing curins it pisses the **** out of me ok *******s???? just kidding. On the real, please try to get along?
Old 09-19-2000, 08:32 PM

Yes Booker, the stripes do bring a lot of trouble However, my ES has something no other ES does.

Hehe...a 92 Twin Turbo engine As far as I know, it's the only FWD TT Stealth on earth.

Old 09-19-2000, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by deathwish

Come on, my grandma can do better than that!
ok so i guess she is a real *****. now what?
Old 09-19-2000, 09:00 PM

Originally posted by Synki
Damn it can't we all ****ing get along? I wouldn think we can be more mature about it. Yes i know, who the hell am i to say anything but hasn't it clicked in anyones mind that we are here to help not to hate? WTF? Enough of this ****ing curins it pisses the **** out of me ok *******s???? just kidding. On the real, please try to get along?
please do tell this to the booker guy. he somehow has this thing about getting my name involved in his posts.
Old 09-19-2000, 09:46 PM

Goodness

, such heated debate. Again, I mentioned it did not read twin turbo on the doors like others I have seen like it, so I fully agree it was N/A and not AWD but an RT none the less.

On the bright side, many of us, at least learned something from this, and what stealths to look out for, and which ones to challenge. Take care everyone. I will be testing the y-pipe on some other challengers this weekend, but maybe I shouldn’t post results in fear of more flame wars

[Edited by TexMaximum on 09-20-2000 at 12:19 AM]
Old 09-19-2000, 10:10 PM
is invisible

Let's try this without the cursing?

I honestly don't see what swearig...especially when typed out does...even more so when it's evey word of the post.

Bite me.
Old 09-19-2000, 10:20 PM

Agreed cool max.
Old 09-19-2000, 10:25 PM

try what?
if some people can stop involving others in their posts, this won't be here and we don't need to try anything.
right?
Old 09-19-2000, 10:33 PM
is invisible

I should probably...

stay out of this since I'm not directly involved...but may you have overreacted?

Just stating my humble opinion.
Old 09-19-2000, 10:35 PM
is invisible

That's one word...

Agreed cool max.
biatch!!! jk

CoolMax

Quick Reply: Walked a Stealth RT in Maxima!