General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Anyone interested in polished valve cover or upper intake manifold for 4th gen?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2001, 04:30 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I will have a spare valve cover and a spare upper intake manifold in few weeks. I can start a core exchange program. What I'll do is clean the inside to get rid all of the carbon build up and motor oil. I do this by using heavy duty engine degreaser and a brush. Then I drop it off at the local polishing shop. The valve cover is easy to swap. It should take about 30-45mins. The upper intake manifold would take alot of work to swap, so I don't expect many people be interested in this one. The upper intake manifold will most likely interest the hard core show cars. There will be no down time on your car. I'll have pricing soon, but e-mail me if you are interested.
Old 02-06-2001, 04:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'd be interested, but unfortunately I'm also short on cash. I was planning on doing some engine compartment refining when I have time this summer. Can you ballpark the parts? I thought about trying to find a shop in Dallas that would chrome the intake manifold, but I'm at a loss. Would you mind telling me what type of shop did this for you? Maybe if I can get some cash and you still have parts lying around I can buy some off ya.
-hype
Old 02-06-2001, 05:25 PM

It's metal refinishing shop. They do polishing, chroming, bronzing, gold plating...etc. I say the valve cover should be around $150 and the upper intake manifold will be alot more. I will have a better idea on the price soon as he's done with mine.

Originally posted by xHypex
I'd be interested, but unfortunately I'm also short on cash. I was planning on doing some engine compartment refining when I have time this summer. Can you ballpark the parts? I thought about trying to find a shop in Dallas that would chrome the intake manifold, but I'm at a loss. Would you mind telling me what type of shop did this for you? Maybe if I can get some cash and you still have parts lying around I can buy some off ya.
-hype
Old 02-24-2001, 12:35 PM

I'm interested

Did you find out about any prices? I want to chrome out parts of my engine baby, such as the upper intake. I'm redoing my NOS to a direct set up. I m getting a show kit, so let me know whats up.
Old 02-24-2001, 02:02 PM

I'm extremely interested in the upper intake manifold. I already polished my valve cover so I don't need that. Hook us up with the prices ASAP please

Thanks
Old 02-24-2001, 05:21 PM

1max2nv

get back to me.. we can start something.
Old 03-07-2001, 03:48 PM
Custommaxima.com

info

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE UPPER INTAKE MANIFOLD?? I HEARD IT WAS HARD, BUT WHAT STEPS ARE NEEDED.

Old 03-07-2001, 06:09 PM

Re: info

Keven wrote a short instruction on how to do it. It should be still in the FAQ on https://maxima.org. It's basically the same process as replace your intake manifold with Extrue Hone set. It's very time consuming. I believe it took Jeff K 5 hours. You do need to get few new OEM gaskets. I have a list somewhere, I'll have to dig it up. There are several people on this board capable of swaping out the intake manifold. Ming (MAC), Danny, Shing, sinewave, don, and MardiGrasMax just to name a few. Not that they have personally done it, but they are skillful enough for the job. I don't mean to leave anyone out, but these are the few name come to mind. There are only a handful of people on this board that actually does the work. Ming is getting the first set some time this month. Yes, I finally got around to set this up.

Originally posted by drummer234
ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE UPPER INTAKE MANIFOLD?? I HEARD IT WAS HARD, BUT WHAT STEPS ARE NEEDED.
Old 03-07-2001, 06:50 PM
Custommaxima.com

Thanks for the info bud!!

nm