General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Bad Day

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2000, 02:49 PM

Ohhhhhh Dammit, well here goes, I can drive my bike fairly well. My older brother is learning. Every weekend we take him to this neighborhood to go practice because there are no houses around and after that we usually take him to work. Well on the way taking him to work, their is this fine curve on the road great for crotch rockets. Well I usually follow my dad from behind because he has a V1 radar. On that curve I usually pass him because he can't take it as well as I do. And I take it at about 80mph. Then this **** undercover cop pulls out and follows me. He got my plates and everything. He flips on his lights. O SHIET! I pull over and so does my dad. He ask for my drivers license and I tell him I dun have one. He talks to my dad about how i was speeding and I'm underage and I don't have a license. So he lets me off a lil bit by giving my dad only 1 ticket and for only 65mph. And he wouldn't let me drive anymore so my dad had to get my cousin to come pick me and my bro up while we stand there. So my cousin took my bro to work and me and my dad takes me on my bike to Power's Nissan where Slickismax works to go see the 20th anniversary edition and I meet him and the freakin 20th anniversary edition was sold that morning to a 75 year old for $32,000. I got to see Slickismax's Maxima. It looks nice. I let him ride my bike and let him borrow my helmet. After he came back my helmet was all wet inside (his sweat) and it smells really bad. hehehehehe. O well thats how my day went.
Old 09-16-2000, 02:56 PM

I wish I had a bike.. I should just sell my Max and get one.. Doh..
Old 09-17-2000, 12:12 AM

Dude if you keep getting caught on that bike you will never get your license.
Old 09-17-2000, 12:22 AM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

hey VQ Racer

how you like your R6? didnt you have an R1 before? i used to have an F2 before some **** stole it at my place and left my ignition and front wheel hex screws to tease me. Ive heard the R6 is a hard bike to ride tho. gotta put in lots of effort to turn and stuff. Im gonna get another bike soon. Cant decide between an F4 or a 929RR. Its a bit big for me tho cause im not too tall.
Old 09-17-2000, 05:00 AM

i heard

the gigster is the harderst to ride since the seat is in race position. i heard the f4 was easiest followed by r6.i think my giant is the easiest ride of em' all tho. i'm well above 1000cc. alrite that was dumb. but are sure one lucky doode to not get the ticket.
Old 09-17-2000, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by Lordrandall
Dude if you keep getting caught on that bike you will never get your license.
Everytime I get caught they put it on my Dad's record, I don't have anything on my record yet.
Old 09-17-2000, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by Turbo95Max
hey VQ Racer

how you like your R6? didnt you have an R1 before? i used to have an F2 before some **** stole it at my place and left my ignition and front wheel hex screws to tease me. Ive heard the R6 is a hard bike to ride tho. gotta put in lots of effort to turn and stuff. Im gonna get another bike soon. Cant decide between an F4 or a 929RR. Its a bit big for me tho cause im not too tall.
no my dad has the R1, i just drove it sometimes. The R6 isn't really hard, it's my first bike and it works great for me, now the R1 is uncomfortable, i drove it a few times and its position is all race no comfort, but it is hella fast! went 150mph! never do that again! and it wheelies really easily. lots of power. and have you seen the new 2001 F4? they are nice! heres a link. it is fuel injected, the R6 isn't.

http://www.hondamotorcycle.com/model...CBR600F4I.html

and for the height, you gotta get used to them, i am short too and my foot is only halfway down when i stop, but i am comforable with it. the 929 doesn't fit my style. it looks good on the front but around the rear i don't like it. like the taillights and the exhaust they don't look nice. the new R6 is also nice. It has new lightweight pistons, clear taillights! w/ LED light bulbs! its freakin tight and i wish i would of waited just a few months before i bought my bike to get the 2001. here's a link

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/01motors...info_body.html

well cya
Old 09-17-2000, 10:31 PM

Originally posted by VQracer

Everytime I get caught they put it on my Dad's record, I don't have anything on my record yet.
Yeah but you know what I mean. Eventually it will go on yours. Plus you are just bombing your dad's record, how does he feel about that?

Either drive off-road where no license is required, or wait a bit man. Think about it, you don't want to have any problems when the time comes to actually get your license, do you?

My $.02