General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Interest in a metal custom hood?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Interest in a metal custom hood?

My body guy is going to make me a custom hood all out of metal....instead of FG.

Do you guys have any ideas on what to do?
Or would anyone be interested in something for themselves?

I have no idea what the cost will be.

moderators, if this is in the wrong place...just move it. I just need some ideas.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:48 PM

usually if people change their hood they go carbon fiber b/c its light.
just wondering why u want an all metal hood custom made-- are u gonna have hood scoops or vents or something? just wondering
Old 09-06-2003, 07:11 PM

speed hole from a 9 or 45mm
Old 09-06-2003, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by K Pazzo 6
usually if people change their hood they go carbon fiber b/c its light.
just wondering why u want an all metal hood custom made-- are u gonna have hood scoops or vents or something? just wondering
I don't like the way the CF hoods fit and I have heard of alot of them coming apart and needing hood pins. I think that looks getto. If Ireally wanted a muscle car look I would go back to owning a muscle car.
It just seems that all CF hoods don't fit real well. Just my opinion.

Yes I plan on haveing a vent or 2 to cool down the charge pipe on the SC. I would like to get something that looks a little diferent but is not really noticable. That why I spent so much time a money on my body kit to fit so well that it almost looks factory.....in fact to anyone that is not really familur with a Maxima they think it is a sport version of the Maxima from factory.

And the guy that id making it for me asked me if people would be interested in something like that.....so I am asking.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:08 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally Posted by LatinMax
I don't like the way the CF hoods fit and I have heard of alot of them coming apart and needing hood pins. I think that looks getto. If Ireally wanted a muscle car look I would go back to owning a muscle car.
It just seems that all CF hoods don't fit real well. Just my opinion.

Yes I plan on haveing a vent or 2 to cool down the charge pipe on the SC. I would like to get something that looks a little diferent but is not really noticable. That why I spent so much time a money on my body kit to fit so well that it almost looks factory.....in fact to anyone that is not really familur with a Maxima they think it is a sport version of the Maxima from factory.

And the guy that id making it for me asked me if people would be interested in something like that.....so I am asking.

I don't think a vent to cool the SC plumbing will do ****.

However, if the hood looks really mean, and proves to add 15hp/tq, i'll be in.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Craig Mack

Give me some ideas. or draw me someting.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have personally not heard of anyone having fitament problems with fiberimages hoods, i can't speak for custommaxima and i know redlinemax's don't fit. but you are right on the pins, they don't look the best, but we dont have much of a choice.

and as far as hood designs, its more your personal preference, you seem pretty opinionated and picky about your car, which is good, so why would you need outside input?
Old 09-07-2003, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by thebigsadler
I have personally not heard of anyone having fitament problems with fiberimages hoods, i can't speak for custommaxima and i know redlinemax's don't fit. but you are right on the pins, they don't look the best, but we dont have much of a choice.

and as far as hood designs, its more your personal preference, you seem pretty opinionated and picky about your car, which is good, so why would you need outside input?
Just trying to get some ideas.
So far I am looking at doing a reverse vent between the 2 washer nozels only. But still working on some ideas.

Any opion will be greatly accepted.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:47 PM
Still kickin'

i think that since you're supercharged, you might want to put a scoop/vent above your supercharger, that way you won't have to deal with your cold air possibly getting water in it and for those who don't have a cold air intake, while providing cold air for the filter. just my .02 Sorry to hear about/see the wreck, everything getting fixed?
Old 09-07-2003, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mad-MAX_SE
i think that since you're supercharged, you might want to put a scoop/vent above your supercharger, that way you won't have to deal with your cold air possibly getting water in it and for those who don't have a cold air intake, while providing cold air for the filter. just my .02 Sorry to hear about/see the wreck, everything getting fixed?
Yes it is along with a few changes...besides the hood.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:46 AM
Still kickin'

good to hear, good luck!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Craig Mack

You seriously need to get workin on your SS hood that you want craig, would look sick. Get a damn scoop molded on like i was telling you or something...

Then maybe you would like your max as much as you lust for those freakin F-bodies

Eric