General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

In Road & Track, out of 4 other cars.. Accord,Camry,Maxima,and 2 others...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2001, 06:32 PM

Maxima took 1st place, 4th was accord, and 5th was our friend the Camry.
Awe... So sorry...heheh...
Whooho Maxima...
Old 02-11-2001, 06:48 PM

Originally posted by PiotrC70
Maxima took 1st place, 4th was accord, and 5th was our friend the Camry.
Awe... So sorry...heheh...
Whooho Maxima...
Piot, My car looks exactly like yours. Is yours lowered?? I also would like to know what type of wax you use, your car is flawless.
JCR
Old 02-11-2001, 07:07 PM

Cutlr7...

Yeah, it is lowered, I have the Tokico/Intrax combo with the front springs cut 1 full coil to make it sit better.
The wax I USED is an industrial wax we called Bannana wax because it smells like bannanas. (I used to detail) The stuff is actually a polish so when it rains or you wash the car, that flawless look is gone. I ordered Zaino and have heard only the best about the product so I am hoping on doing that as soon as it gets here. I AM going to take before and after pictures so if you would like me to let you know how it turns out. E-mail me at PiotrC70@yahoo.com with a short e-mail so I remember you.... Thankx for the compliment.
[/I][/QUOTE]

Piot, My car looks exactly like yours. Is yours lowered?? I also would like to know what type of wax you use, your car is flawless.
JCR [/I][/QUOTE]
Old 02-11-2001, 09:17 PM

when was this article? i saw one in R&T about a year ago with the accord, max, camry, grand pirx, and taurus. the max was first followed by the accord, grand prix, taurus, then lastly the camry. so how recent is the one you speak of?
Old 02-12-2001, 01:41 AM

it's the 2001 Annual Road Test issue...

but they reprint the results from that previous year.

Originally posted by maxman2k
when was this article? i saw one in R&T about a year ago with the accord, max, camry, grand pirx, and taurus. the max was first followed by the accord, grand prix, taurus, then lastly the camry. so how recent is the one you speak of?
Old 02-12-2001, 02:25 PM

Oh i'm so sad!!!! The camry came in last place!! *weep weep. AHAHAHAHA Bro if i was gonna buy a 2001 model car i'd take the maxima too. It's way faster than any of those cars and is the newest edition of all of the japanese cars. Accords are all autos so i dont consider them, nor do i consider any american car on that list. The new camrys are still 4th gens, its the same bodystyle as mine with updated headlights and taillights, they haven't even updated the model yet.
Old 02-12-2001, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by gLok
Oh i'm so sad!!!! The camry came in last place!! *weep weep. AHAHAHAHA Bro if i was gonna buy a 2001 model car i'd take the maxima too. It's way faster than any of those cars and is the newest edition of all of the japanese cars. Accords are all autos so i dont consider them, nor do i consider any american car on that list. The new camrys are still 4th gens, its the same bodystyle as mine with updated headlights and taillights, they haven't even updated the model yet.
Just wait and see how sweet the new Camry will be like I hope they make an "SE" model this time around with a sport suspension and have it available with a 5 or 6-speed.

In that edition, the Maxima did come in first overall, but its styling didn't exactly hit the spot for most of the editors. What is wrong with them? Accord 2nd, GP 3rd, Taurus 4th, Camry 5th.