General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

search function. :-((

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2001, 06:04 PM

You know, you can say "do a search first" all day long, but I tell ya, it's a frustrating thing. I spent time tonight and last night trying to search for posts that deal with VTC failure and I have yet to find anywhere that lists whats involved and the expected costs altho I have seen it before so I know it's out there. I'm on a 56K dialup which at best, signs on at 41K so it grows increasing frustrating after searching thru thread after thread of what your search pulls....only to find NO MENTION of VTC in the entire thread, thread after thread after thread. I've search "VTC", "VTC repair", "VTC repair cost"....wait..I haven't tried "repair cost of VTC"..hold on..be back tomorrow or Wednesday with results of that search........

-L
Old 02-12-2001, 06:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

if you're using the search function that is just above the messages,it searches general forum first
if you want more info, clikc on teh search button in the top right of the screen and search in the 3rd gen forum
there are plenty of posts about it; especially by Jeff92se
also, I disabled my VTCs for less than $5 and no more problems for me
how to do that is on my page and you can search for that too under VTC ground
good luck
Old 02-12-2001, 06:27 PM

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»
if you're using the search function that is just above the messages,it searches general forum first
if you want more info, clikc on teh search button in the top right of the screen and search in the 3rd gen forum
there are plenty of posts about it; especially by Jeff92se
also, I disabled my VTCs for less than $5 and no more problems for me
how to do that is on my page and you can search for that too under VTC ground
good luck
Craig,
Thank you very much for the heads up. I just assumed that it was pulling the most relevant info first, or percentage of match..since you explained that it polls the "General Forum" first, I was probably wigging out LONG before it got to the 3rd Gen posts. Grew very tiresome watching the stone chisle page after page after page of posts and spot checking any that sounded like it might contain the info I was searching for. Too impatient I guess, but I was losing hair fast and was starting to pull it out in clumps instead of a couple strangs at a time and since I'm over 40 now..I really need to safeguard every strand. :-) I will search 3rd Gen..and your site. Tank ya verry much!