General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How did everyone do at NOPI?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 10:39 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally Posted by deezo
We've been wondering about you? How are you man?

ming is da man. we had a great time sat. night
Old 09-24-2003, 10:46 AM
Master Will

Originally Posted by Chris91SE
so then don't try to compare apples to oranges...

jeff...can't wait to see your car next year. i was looking for it this year. if jason, you, rich (volkracingmax), paul etc etc made it down it would have been totally different. Just about all of the maximas were in mild this year and if the ones i mentioned would have shown up then there should really be a wild category. there were a minimal amount in conservative that had minimal amounts of work done...

this is why I'm in conservative I know my place and where I stand in comparison to Maximas mine is no where near any of the other guys(and never will be)

and yes if they would have showed then it would be different but they did not...so next year they need to come..
Old 09-24-2003, 10:59 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally Posted by metallic97gxe
this is why I'm in conservative I know my place and where I stand in comparison to Maximas mine is no where near any of the other guys(and never will be)

and yes if they would have showed then it would be different but they did not...so next year they need to come..

are you kidding?

conservative definition for all NOPI shows:

"Allows minor bolt on upgrades but no body kits or radical wings."

so what class were you in again?
Old 09-24-2003, 11:02 AM
Master Will

are you kidding?

if my car was not conservative the judges would have moved me up to mild so in the judges eyes I was within the NOPI rules for conservative..and my car is conservative compared to others...I don't even have springs...
Old 09-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally Posted by metallic97gxe
if my car was not conservative the judges would have moved me up to mild so in the judges eyes I was within the NOPI rules for conservative..and my car is conservative compared to others...I don't even have springs...

it's called a loop hole man. do you think the judges notice? the stickers they look at to judge you don't have the classifications on them. they see AA### and write that on a sheet. if they had time to look at 8000 cars and reclassify cars they would but they can't. i could easily register for conservative and get away with it. it happens at ALL shows which is why trophies don't mean anything.

i'm not trying to sit here and argue with you because that's not me especially since i don't care. but when you make a comment like "until you win" i'll keep coming at you. especially since i have trophies sitting at home. i just don't post about them.

reread what you posted... it looks like you register your car where you have a chance to place....
Old 09-24-2003, 11:08 AM
Master Will

it's called a loop hole man. do you think the judges notice? the stickers they look at to judge you don't have the classifications on them. they see AA### and write that on a sheet. if they had time to look at 8000 cars and reclassify cars they would but they can't. i could easily register for conservative and get away with it. it happens at ALL shows which is why trophies don't mean anything.

i'm not trying to sit here and argue with you because that's not me especially since i don't care. but when you make a comment like "until you win" i'll keep coming at you. especially since i have trophies sitting at home. i just don't post about them.

reread what you posted... it looks like you register your car where you have a chance to place....

point well taken......................
Old 09-24-2003, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Chris is always hating because he can't win a trophy
Old 09-24-2003, 11:33 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally Posted by SprintMax
Chris is always hating because he can't win a trophy

guess you won't see the party pics i took from sat. night...it involves some i know you'd like to see :naughy:
Old 09-24-2003, 11:36 AM
Blu
the tits

guess you won't see the party pics i took from sat. night...it involves some i know you'd like to see :naughy:

and some I dont want people to see
Old 09-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

are you kidding?

dang i knew i was missing something! i need that radical wing come next year when i get my 20" tall wing you guys are
Old 09-24-2003, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by bijan gxe
VG30EN20

wow, your car was awesome.

makes me miss mine....

who was parked to the left of you? w/ the white body and grey body kit???
Thanks alot. my car isnt much but i like it. that was xenomax i think next to me. he is a cool guy. and i like the VG30EN20 idea never heard that before.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:58 PM
BJJ

Where are the pics I have been waiting all week to see those things!!!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 01:05 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by BJJ
Old 09-24-2003, 01:07 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally Posted by BJJ

i can't get into matt's ftp server. hopefully i'll have them up somewhere tonight
Old 09-24-2003, 01:09 PM
BJJ

i can't get into matt's ftp server. hopefully i'll have them up somewhere tonight
SWEET!!, its amazing how certain people ended up in every pic taken that night
Old 09-24-2003, 01:13 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by BJJ
SWEET!!, its amazing how certain people ended up in every pic taken that night
not cool
Old 09-24-2003, 02:10 PM
Banned

buahahahahahahahahaha

This thread is funny
Old 09-24-2003, 04:43 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally Posted by matt calder
buahahahahahahahahaha

This thread is funny

Old 09-24-2003, 06:50 PM
wat

Please post them. I want to see who I can make cry and never come back.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:13 PM

I shouldve entered in conservative. Do ya'll think my car is conservative? I thought mild was for me since i did conservative last yr. I do not care that i didnt win. My goal is to place at a show like hot import nights. Nopi isn't on the same level as that show as far as prestige. Jeff knows all about my import xpression win... No competition.. Likewise, I still had fun at the show looking at all the cars and the HOT WOMEN!!!...oooooooh man!

PS...the mods will still come...im very indecisive as to what to do...
Old 09-24-2003, 09:18 PM

anyone see me?!?!?!

i was the 4th gen with 2k2 se rims! with scrathes all down the side of my car lol

and looked like a 4X4 compared to everyone else

also, who won best of show?!?!?

i dont member if i gotta picture

also, you can see my pics of nopi here :
http://xipnet.net/danimsta/
Old 09-25-2003, 05:56 AM
www.autotalk.com

Originally Posted by rob van dam
I shouldve entered in conservative. Do ya'll think my car is conservative? I thought mild was for me since i did conservative last yr. I do not care that i didnt win. My goal is to place at a show like hot import nights. Nopi isn't on the same level as that show as far as prestige.

PS...the mods will still come...im very indecisive as to what to do...

Now this is getting worst everyday. Why is all the bashing coming from ppl who didnt place? If nopi isnt the same PRESTIGE a HIN or neother show then DONT place. You can have fun without placing. Get over this whole deal now.

And the life goes on......
Old 09-25-2003, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Max4Speed
Now this is getting worst everyday. Why is all the bashing coming from ppl who didnt place? If nopi isnt the same PRESTIGE a HIN or neother show then DONT place. You can have fun without placing. Get over this whole deal now.

OSS i think you meant to say..."If nopi isnt the same PRESTIGE a HIN or neother show then DON'T "show".".....also,im not bashing you...OSS i even called to congradulate you after you won. I am not saying that your 1st place trophy has no "prestige". I'm saying that i did have fun and even though i didnt win i am not upset because winning at nopi isnt all that big of a deal to me. I just go to have fun..
Old 09-25-2003, 07:12 AM
www.autotalk.com

OSS i think you meant to say..."If nopi isnt the same PRESTIGE a HIN or neother show then DON'T "show".".....also,im not bashing you...OSS i even called to congradulate you after you won. I am not saying that your 1st place trophy has no "prestige". I'm saying that i did have fun and even though i didnt win i am not upset because winning at nopi isnt all that big of a deal to me. I just go to have fun..
Aight :-D I def think that you took a brave step to enter in mild. I did not know about this show period but hopefuly can enter in the all 4 door category.

Can someone this thread now... Nopi is past. WE got alot of issues to deal with in present ;-)
Old 09-25-2003, 07:13 AM

It's just how it goes. I bash NOPI either way, done a bunch of their shows and I guess I see the behind the scenes stuff. My Maxima has never placed either, but the Integra has won every time out. A show is a show is a show. Some shows have "professional judges" but it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

And you should hear some of the things people say after trophies are handed out. This year my display was right near the main stage where people were getting their trophies. It was kind of amusing actually. All the people with trophies had big smiles, all the people without were just blaming judges, situations, anything but their own car. "I can't believe X car took a trophy when his stuff looks like junk and my car didn't place!" "My car has $30K in work, and I didn't win". It's just the nature of the game.

Old 09-25-2003, 07:15 AM

Aight :-D I def think that you took a brave step to enter in mild. I did not know about this show period but hopefuly can enter in the all 4 door category.

Can someone this thread now... Nopi is past. WE got alot of issues to deal with in present ;-)
yes i shouldve done conservative. "I did not know about this show period but hopefuly can enter in the all 4 door category."< what does that mean...lol
Old 09-25-2003, 07:18 AM
www.autotalk.com

Originally Posted by Shadow
It's just how it goes. I bash NOPI either way, done a bunch of their shows and I guess I see the behind the scenes stuff. My Maxima has never placed either, but the Integra has won every time out. A show is a show is a show.

Saw the integra.. was looking sweet! DEf liked the Glove box GOODIES and wished could do that to my car.

C ya around Jeff!

btw I might call you up for some mba info at gsu...
Old 09-25-2003, 07:18 AM
Blu
the tits

yes i shouldve done conservative.

why you're lowered and have a body kit
Old 09-25-2003, 07:21 AM
www.autotalk.com

yes i shouldve done conservative. "I did not know about this show period but hopefuly can enter in the all 4 door category."< what does that mean...lol
I think I need to wake up. I didnt know much about nopi since this was my first time. But now I know there are OTHER categories that I can enter in like ALL FOUR DOOR MILD etc. SO gona try entering there next time IF i go.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:25 AM

My booth was actually right by the Integra. Right behind Valvoline. Their big tent blocked us on that side unfortunately.

Yeah, that glovebox was a pain to do. Cut it on the machine, forgot some of the holes for the switches, so I had to take an air grinder and do that myself. Steel is not fun to work with Now it turns out that we have to redo it yet again because one of the displays in there is so deep the panel won't sit flat. Might as well motorize it this time out...

We didn't enter it this year. It won last year, took 2nd the year before, and it took first at the Bristol, TN NOPI Drag wars. $80 is getting real steep. I remember when it was only $50 to enter NOPI. We just needed a car to display our stuff.

Saw the integra.. was looking sweet! DEf liked the Glove box GOODIES and wished could do that to my car.

C ya around Jeff!

btw I might call you up for some mba info at gsu...
Old 09-25-2003, 07:29 AM

I think I need to wake up. I didnt know much about nopi since this was my first time. But now I know there are OTHER categories that I can enter in like ALL FOUR DOOR MILD etc. SO gona try entering there next time IF i go.
i don't think theres an all 4 door mild. nopi is all split up by type a car. Go to HIN for that
Old 09-25-2003, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
why you're lowered and have a body kit
I dont know...ask OSS ..hehe

PS..mild takes more then what my stock car has..
Old 09-25-2003, 07:32 AM

My booth was actually right by the Integra. Right behind Valvoline. Their big tent blocked us on that side unfortunately.

Yeah, that glovebox was a pain to do. Cut it on the machine, forgot some of the holes for the switches, so I had to take an air grinder and do that myself. Steel is not fun to work with Now it turns out that we have to redo it yet again because one of the displays in there is so deep the panel won't sit flat. Might as well motorize it this time out...

We didn't enter it this year. It won last year, took 2nd the year before, and it took first at the Bristol, TN NOPI Drag wars. $80 is getting real steep. I remember when it was only $50 to enter NOPI. We just needed a car to display our stuff.
jeff, whats up with the pieces? CALL ME
Old 09-25-2003, 07:32 AM
www.autotalk.com

i don't think theres an all 4 door mild. nopi is all split up by type a car. Go to HIN for that
Chris91 was saying they have.. Actually I just looked at the nopi website and thsi guy from Kennesaw won the 3rd place in ALL FOUR DOOR MILD. You need to wake up too Albert!
Old 09-25-2003, 07:33 AM

Chris91 was saying they have.. Actually I just looked at the nopi website and thsi guy from Kennesaw won the 3rd place in ALL FOUR DOOR MILD. You need to wake up too Albert!
..im having this enitre convo while sitting in my engineering class...lol
Old 09-25-2003, 07:34 AM
wat

Doesn't matter who wins at these stupid shows. My car is still better than all of your cars.

Old 09-25-2003, 07:35 AM
www.autotalk.com

Originally Posted by look2me40
Doesn't matter who wins at these stupid shows. My car is still better than all of your cars.

Yeappppppppp
Old 09-25-2003, 07:35 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

And you should hear some of the things people say after trophies are handed out. This year my display was right near the main stage where people were getting their trophies. It was kind of amusing actually. All the people with trophies had big smiles, all the people without were just blaming judges, situations, anything but their own car. "I can't believe X car took a trophy when his stuff looks like junk and my car didn't place!" "My car has $30K in work, and I didn't win". It's just the nature of the game.
that's the stuff that cracks me up. people actually get fired up over it. at carlisle, fights broke out this year over the results. it was crazy. 9 times out of 10 i don't attend the ceremonies. i just did because i know people left and wanted to know the results so i stayed this year. i've been in enough shows the past few years to know how it goes. if i place i place, if i don't, i don't.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:37 AM

I think there is a Asian luxury 4 dr. mild or something like that. I know they have a wild class for it. You compete against like Lexus and other Nissans. Pretty much anything 4 dr. import that's not a Honda. I'm thinking my car will be in luxury wild or something like that next year. Though I could compete in conservative Maybe I'll finally win that NOPI trophy. I'm 0 for 4 right now.

To me, I'd rather compete against other cars than just Maximas. It ensures good competition, bigger contestant pool. If I lose, I lose. But if I win against those other cars, then I feel much better about the trophy, like it's earned.

Old 09-25-2003, 07:42 AM

I think there is a Asian luxury 4 dr. mild or something like that. I know they have a wild class for it. You compete against like Lexus and other Nissans. Pretty much anything 4 dr. import that's not a Honda. I'm thinking my car will be in luxury wild or something like that next year. Though I could compete in conservative Maybe I'll finally win that NOPI trophy. I'm 0 for 4 right now.

To me, I'd rather compete against other cars than just Maximas. It ensures good competition, bigger contestant pool. If I lose, I lose. But if I win against those other cars, then I feel much better about the trophy, like it's earned.
jeff, the pieces? call me!

Quick Reply: How did everyone do at NOPI?