General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Owners of front lips with Maxima as daily driver...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 07:38 AM

My maxima is my daily driver. I have a 90 Camry stashed away somewhere that I use if I need to if the Maxima is down. Anyway, I know for some of you the maxima is also your daily driver. Now my question is, for those of you with the front lips and daily drivers, have you had any trouble nailing anything or bottoming the lip out, especially if the car is lowered. I have a front lip sitting in my garage and I dont want to ruin the drivablity of the car. I've been noticing that I do tend to pull over curbs alot when parking. Guess I'm going to have to break that habit. I'm thinking of attaching the front lip unpainted and driving around to "practice" driving with a front lip. If it proves to be too much of a pain, i"m going to ebay the thing. Suggestions, experiences?
Old 02-14-2001, 08:00 AM

I have the stillen front lip with h&r springs. Its a little on the low side but my car is a daily driver.. It's not so low that I have problems. Sometimes when i pull out of driveways it hits but not very often. It never hits when I am careful. Put it on it looks awesome..
Old 02-14-2001, 08:19 AM

I have a Stillen front lip as well and even though my car is not lowered yet, and I try to be as careful as I can, it still happens that you will scratch the bottom of the lip sooner or later. Now that I'm planning to get 17" momo arrow's, and eventually I will need to drop my car so it won't look like 4 x 4 but If I will do it, I want my drop to be as least as possible. But I think this front lip or whole body kit gives 4 gens this aggresive, kick a$$ look. Put it on, you won't regret it.
Old 02-14-2001, 08:25 AM

check the thread

..with your search tool. There was a recent thread contributed to by a whole bunch of drivers who had cracked their front lips!
Old 02-14-2001, 08:57 AM

I have the front lip on my car and it's dropped 3.5" or so with the ground controls. I drive my car daily, and do scrape it a lot. I've also cracked it, and I don't even know what I hit. But you will have to be careful when parking, but I got used to that before I got my front lip since my car was so low it was hitting curbs anyways. You will also have to be careful leaving parking lots, driveways, parking decks, etc. But my car is so low that there are times that even when I am careful my lip spoiler hits, no matter how slow I go and how careful I am, it's not possible to clear without hitting. My car is lower than most, so some of the problems I have you won't experience. Right now my front spoiler only sits about 4.5" off the ground, that's why I have so many problems with it.
Old 02-14-2001, 11:08 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Back into spaces where you can.
Old 02-14-2001, 11:36 AM

Maybe i missed it, do you have a Stillen Lip?
Old 02-14-2001, 11:48 AM

never had problem, because if i don't think i can clear something, i don't freaking try.