General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How to Rewire your Fogs - With Pictures!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 06:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Here is the link
http://www.geocities.com/breaux124/M...fogrewire.html

I rewired my fog lights this weekend and I took picture and did a short write up. I got all the info from the Maxima FAQs, so you should use that info, along with my pictures.
Old 02-20-2001, 06:58 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Very nice!
Old 02-26-2001, 10:04 AM
Kal

Originally posted by breaux124
Here is the link

I rewired my fog lights this weekend and I took picture and did a short write up. I got all the info from the Maxima FAQs, so you should use that info, along with my pictures.
Hey Bryan,
Thanks sooo much for the pics. This is exactly what i was looking for. Good think i used the search button.
take care
thanks u again
-kalpesh patel
Old 02-26-2001, 12:38 PM

nice

good pics man, thx
Old 02-26-2001, 05:10 PM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

very helpful how 2

many people are gonna be trying this...
Old 02-26-2001, 05:36 PM
Kal

Re: very helpful how 2

Originally posted by SINYMaxSE
i am gonna go out there and try this in a day or 2..the pics really help in my opinion. im jus wonderin how long do you think this would take?
-Kalpesh Patel
Old 02-27-2001, 05:48 AM

Re: Re: very helpful how 2

Originally posted by kalbundy
Originally posted by SINYMaxSE
i am gonna go out there and try this in a day or 2..the pics really help in my opinion. im jus wonderin how long do you think this would take?
-Kalpesh Patel
Took me over an hour, but that was because I was taking pictures and making sure everything was visible when I was doing it. Just make sure you have all the tools and parts when you start, and it should be relativly quick.
Old 02-27-2001, 05:59 AM

Does this apply to 5th gen's also?

Thx!

GC
Old 02-27-2001, 06:00 AM

Now how can we take this and instead of rewiring for fog lights, rewire for high beam? Anyone know what relay the highs are on? The mod should be just about the same, instead of tapping in to (or detecting when they are on) the corner lights, or it for the high beam, as they are already on with the low. At worse there will be a momentary flicker when going from low to high.
Old 02-27-2001, 06:05 AM

Check here for 5th gen instructions
http://web2.airmail.net/scutchen/max_faq/

Not sure what the differences are, I didn't read the instructions.

To bert: What do you want to rewire the high beams for? The fogs will stay on with the high beams, if you do this mod.
Old 02-27-2001, 06:11 AM

What I want is the fogs to stay / go on when I am on the high beams. the ultimate goal is when I am tooling along during the day and I yank back on the flasher leaver, I want the guy in front of me to know that I am flashing him... damned daytime running lights.

If you have seen Ronin, you saw a POS Renault with this. (Renault is French for "The parts are backordered")
Old 02-27-2001, 06:50 AM

Originally posted by bert
What I want is the fogs to stay / go on when I am on the high beams. the ultimate goal is when I am tooling along during the day and I yank back on the flasher leaver, I want the guy in front of me to know that I am flashing him... damned daytime running lights.

If you have seen Ronin, you saw a POS Renault with this. (Renault is French for "The parts are backordered")
The fog lights will stay on with your high beams.

Do you want the fogs and high beams to flash when you pull the leaver back? If that's the case, I'm not sure how that would be done, because the fog would have to be off in the first place.
Old 02-27-2001, 07:33 AM

Fog Light Question

The fog lights will stay on with your high beams.

Do you want the fogs and high beams to flash when you pull the leaver back? If that's the case, I'm not sure how that would be done, because the fog would have to be off in the first place.
Bryan,
Those instructions are great and I think I will try this when I get the time. Question is when I turn the fog light switch on and off will it still work? I understand that the fogs will still be on with the high beams, is there a way to wire the lights to cut off when the high beams come on, like a BMW. Once I get these two questions answered I will begin the process. Thanks In Advance!
Jason
Old 02-27-2001, 07:40 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i30 notice

I rewired my fogs on my 2k i30 and just to let you know the wires are different in it. It may be because of the HID -- not sure. However I think the wire to cut was a thick blue wire (if memory serves me correctly.) Best thing to do if you've got an i30 is to use a voltmeter to check before you cut.

/aac
Old 02-27-2001, 07:44 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hey Bryan....

Mind if I put these in Maxima.org's "Modifications" section? Good job!

Here is the link

Old 02-27-2001, 07:46 AM

Currently (stock), in the 2000 Max, when the highs are activated, either from a push or pull of the flasher lever, the fogs go off. I would like them to stay on.
Old 02-27-2001, 07:58 AM

Re: Hey Bryan....

Originally posted by Jambo
Mind if I put these in Maxima.org's "Modifications" section? Good job!

Here is the link

Go ahead and do it. I just figured that I've gotten so much help for the people on this board, that I might as well give it back.

I just want to make sure that people understand that I didn't come up with this process, I just added pictures to already great instructions and that you should still read the original instructions given in the maxima FAQs.
Old 02-27-2001, 08:03 AM

Currently (stock), in the 2000 Max, when the highs are activated, either from a push or pull of the flasher lever, the fogs go off. I would like them to stay on.
Ok then this is what you want. I'm not sure what the differences are for fifth gens though, because these are based on the fourth gen instructions.
This process does two things:
1. It allows you to have your fog lights on without the headlights on (you have to have the corner/parking lights on)
2. It allows you to have your fog lights on while your high beams are on. This is very nice and noticable. I checked this weekend, by putting the high beams on and turning the fogs off and on...and it did make a difference in visibility.