General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Take a look at this Cefiro{I30} grill,Opinions welcome,

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 11:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I plan on getting this grill imported with the help of SYCefiro who has been very,very helpfull for me. Tell me what you think of the grill,do you like it better then mine? I plan on replacing the Cefiro Badge with a Infiniti one.BTW this is the highest model Cefiro and has 4 Hids like me hehe,BTW the 2 less expensive Cefiro's underneath this one have the I30 grill on them.

Let me know what you think, Thanks
Old 02-20-2001, 11:20 PM
Banned

imo..... i like your grill better....

i think the other one doesnt look as good as yours and you have to spend tons of money to import it...
Old 02-20-2001, 11:32 PM

Re: imo..... i like your grill better....

Originally posted by Ryan93SE
i think the other one doesnt look as good as yours and you have to spend tons of money to import it...
Nah, It's not that expensive. It costs about the same as a I30 grill from your local Infiniti dealer. I agree my grill is nice but I like this grill too+I like looking different then every other car on the road. IMO it makes the car look like a Lexus LS 400,do you see the resemblance? BTW the bumper on that car is ugly so it may give the grill a bad impression and it is a bad picture because it is blown up.
Old 02-21-2001, 12:06 AM

HHmmm, it's different but I prefer the grill that we have better. It looks classier
Old 02-21-2001, 07:48 AM

If they have HIDs in the top level Cefiro then they must sell the headlight assemblies that house the HIDs (for our I30's??). Not only that but they would have to have high beams in another housing, or a special dual-filament based HID lamp. These headlights will be different than the halogen H4 counterpart (the one-piece we have). Any ideas on an import for good HID beam patterns?? I'd be very interested in a TRUE HID conversion.

BTW, that grille looks alright, I would rather go with one that has the grille lines going vertically vs. horizontally. I'll try to get picks of my grille with the one-pieces after I install them
Old 02-21-2001, 08:32 AM

Emax & 99Dustmagnet >>

Emax: I like the stock grille you have better. The vertical lines and the way the chrome down the middle looks...more aggresive.

99Dustmagnet: I doubt that the high beam is HID. Unless you use the stepper motor systems that Porsches use, you can't fire a highbeam HID quick enough. I doubt that Nissan dished out the cash for the stepper motor highbeam system.
Old 02-21-2001, 09:03 AM

I don't like it as much as the stock one

I think it makes the car look like an Acura RL or a Lexus...
Old 02-21-2001, 09:14 AM

Re: I don't like it as much as the stock one

Originally posted by Max I am
I think it makes the car look like an Acura RL or a Lexus...
My pops has the RL 3.5 Its a sweet car. and I like the Lexus LS400 and the new 430 is somethin else. Pricey, but luxurious. The imported grill will make it look more luxurious, but the grill you have now makes it look more aggresive. Depends which way you want to roll. They both are nice. Go for it...you won't see too many I30's with that kind of grill.

Tim
Old 02-21-2001, 09:21 AM

Not that those aren't nice cars...

I just wouldn't want my Infiniti to look like one. I once had a friends mom call the Honda I had before a Hyundai...I said "um, no it's a Honda"...to which she replied..."but it has a H on it"...and I said..."ya...'H' for Honda"....We don't need to compare Honda and Hyundai here, but I just don't get it when people try to make their cars look like other cars.
Old 02-21-2001, 09:43 AM
I'm needing a caw

No way, the stock one looks 10x better. That one makes the car look like a Camry. Not that the Camry is a bad car, just very boring styling-wise.
Old 02-21-2001, 10:17 AM

Answers to your quesiton

Originally posted by 99DustMagnet
If they have HIDs in the top level Cefiro then they must sell the headlight assemblies that house the HIDs (for our I30's??). Not only that but they would have to have high beams in another housing, or a special dual-filament based HID lamp. These headlights will be different than the halogen H4 counterpart (the one-piece we have). Any ideas on an import for good HID beam patterns?? I'd be very interested in a TRUE HID conversion.

BTW, that grille looks alright, I would rather go with one that has the grille lines going vertically vs. horizontally. I'll try to get picks of my grille with the one-pieces after I install them
>Alex<
Yes, they do have HID's for Cefiros.. but no Highbean HID's. They are the ones shown on the Cefiro wagon (dual round headlights just like the Q45's here).. anyone wanna try to fit the Q45's HID on the I30's or Maxima.. hehehe ^____^
Reason that they don't do that is because ... as you know HID takes few sec to blast and brighten up.. so when you need high beams... it's not there until few sec later...
I found the part numbers for those headlights in Japan, but since they are right handed drive, I do not want to import them. Unless someone can modify the beam pattern and make them point towards the right side of the road for us here in the US. Otherwise you will be blinding the incoming traffics.

>Emax<
You like this huh? I can see if I can get one for you in March, but I still think my grille look better. It's badge less, but I can find ya an Infiniti Emlem to go wid it. Btw, it's all chrome (unless my signature, cuz I tape the chrome in the middle)

Also see my for sale post for closer photo of my grille
https://maxima.org/forums/showthread...threadid=24843
Old 02-21-2001, 10:33 AM

Will those assemblies cost as much as the one-piece cefiro lights that we already have? I'd be interested in obtaining a set for research purposes and comparison. I understand the differences in left/right hand side driving etc. but I'd be interested in what a Nissan HID optical housing looks like (that also fits my I30!). If it has the dual round headlights then it's most likely a projector based housing. Yay more light with D2S!! Shoot me an e-mail! Thanks Sy
Old 02-21-2001, 10:56 AM

NO.. I don't think it's projector.. it's like the Q45's

Originally posted by 99DustMagnet
Will those assemblies cost as much as the one-piece cefiro lights that we already have? I'd be interested in obtaining a set for research purposes and comparison. I understand the differences in left/right hand side driving etc. but I'd be interested in what a Nissan HID optical housing looks like (that also fits my I30!). If it has the dual round headlights then it's most likely a projector based housing. Yay more light with D2S!! Shoot me an e-mail! Thanks Sy
I don't have the Cefiro Wagon page off Nissan Japan handy. But I am sure it's not Projectors........ it's just like what the 99-00 Q45 dual headlights look like

SY~
Old 02-21-2001, 11:07 AM

fitment?

Any idea if these Cefiro Wagon HID headlamps will fit a 99' I30? I checked with the 99-00 Q45 and it is awfully similar but not a direct fitment. Any idea?
Old 02-21-2001, 11:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Just my opinion but I like the one you have on there now. The other one would probably make your car look like a Crown Victoria (cop).
Old 02-21-2001, 11:53 AM

I like the OEM one you have now.
Old 02-21-2001, 02:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by emax95
I plan on getting this grill imported with the help of SYCefiro who has been very,very helpfull for me. Tell me what you think of the grill,do you like it better then mine? I plan on replacing the Cefiro Badge with a Infiniti one.BTW this is the highest model Cefiro and has 4 Hids like me hehe,BTW the 2 less expensive Cefiro's underneath this one have the I30 grill on them.

Hey,

Personally I don't like it, but I might like it better in person. In my opinion the stock 4th gen i30 grilles look great.

/aac
Old 02-21-2001, 03:11 PM

I like your stock grill better, but I know what you are thinking because you want to be a little less like every other I30 out there... I would invest in other areas before this mod.. also, the fog lights in the pic you posted look WAY out of place...
Old 02-21-2001, 04:31 PM
My 4DSC

stick with the grille you got now....

that other one looks like a camry...
your current grille is much nicer...

Old 02-21-2001, 04:53 PM

Thanks for all the advice guys,

I will look around some more and see if I find a better grill then mine. I kind of like the grill on Sy's with the chrome not covered up.
Old 02-21-2001, 10:50 PM

Originally posted by emax95

i have two actual cefiro grills sitting in my garage that i want to sell.. looks a lil diff from that one.. here's the link.
http://www.geocities.com/wenganator/cefiro.jpg
i'm not sure who's car that is but i got it off the board a while ago for personal use.. but the grill looks like that.