General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

my best kill ever - ITR

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 10:54 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

this has to be my best road kill in recent memory. me & my boy are coming back from an atlanta car meet. he has a 95 celica gt intake & exhaust. we are rolling on i-75/85 north headed home. the interstate splits and i nearly miss my exit i had to slow down so i could make it. so i am doing 70-80mph behind celica. low and behold what do i see the fabled Integra Type R. i know how honda boys operate so i pull in on his back bumper to do some investigating. it could have been a ls/gs/gsr posing. well turns out he has a front end body kit with acura cl headlights. why would you botch up a ITR i dont know. other than that ugly front end it looked like the real deal. hmmm worthy competition. now mind you less than 72 hours ago i was in court shelling out 330$ for street racing. i promised myself no more racing. well i could not pass up on the chance to challenge the king of all hondas. by now we are going around a curve on the freeway my boy w/ the celica is playing with him. i was doing 90 to a 100 just catch up. well as usual traffic was out and we ended up like this - me in front, ITR behind me in the left lane and my boy directly behind me. i am in 5th chilling at about 80. i see ITR get behind me & he starts to close the gap. im like no way & i floor it w/out downshifting. he freaking passed me like i was towing a trailer fulla wet newspapers !!! i tried to chase him down but he was moving way too quick. i was like "damn i cant even catch him". i mean that ITR was moving. we had already clipped the century mark. i thought to myself " carl just let it go, he has a faster car" so i chill back gown to 70/75 mph. ITR does the same. a few miles later we are side by side, bumper to bumper. i look over to check out the driver (make sure it aint no girl) and i had the feeling he wanted to go at it again. no sooner than i can say maxima this fu*ker punches it !! i was like f*ck this & i downshifted to 4th and stomped the gas like there was no tomorrow. my frenz this is why i drive a maxima. my car took off like i have never felt before. i mean just raw accleration at 80 mph and she kept pulling strong. i know ITR had to be suprised, i pulled a half car length on him. his front bumper was at my door. not once did i let off the gas. i just kept my eyes on the road and waited for my shift light to come on. ITR couldnt pass me he was giving that thing all the VTEC it could take. i think we raced all the way to about 115-120. dont get me wrong it was dead close but my maxima was faster. i never felt so good about shutting down another car. my boy said it looked good from his point of view. yes my fellow frenz we can all rest tonite knowing that another "honda boy" has felt the wrath of the NISSAN MAXIMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2001, 11:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

NICE.. =) I always knew the 5-speed maximas could keep up with the ITRs. My friend who had a ITR said his brother's 5-speed maxima was just as fast. But the difference was the ITR felt more stable at higher speeds. Not to mention turns. Hehe. The maxima is one hell of a car. Its the sweet engine.. =) Yummy.

ZuM

Originally posted by nismo2020
this has to be my best road kill in recent memory. me & my boy are coming back from an atlanta car meet. he has a 95 celica gt intake & exhaust. we are rolling on i-75/85 north headed home. the interstate splits and i nearly miss my exit i had to slow down so i could make it. so i am doing 70-80mph behind celica. low and behold what do i see the fabled Integra Type R. i know how honda boys operate so i pull in on his back bumper to do some investigating. it could have been a ls/gs/gsr posing. well turns out he has a front end body kit with acura cl headlights. why would you botch up a ITR i dont know. other than that ugly front end it looked like the real deal. hmmm worthy competition. now mind you less than 72 hours ago i was in court shelling out 330$ for street racing. i promised myself no more racing. well i could not pass up on the chance to challenge the king of all hondas. by now we are going around a curve on the freeway my boy w/ the celica is playing with him. i was doing 90 to a 100 just catch up. well as usual traffic was out and we ended up like this - me in front, ITR behind me in the left lane and my boy directly behind me. i am in 5th chilling at about 80. i see ITR get behind me & he starts to close the gap. im like no way & i floor it w/out downshifting. he freaking passed me like i was towing a trailer fulla wet newspapers !!! i tried to chase him down but he was moving way too quick. i was like "damn i cant even catch him". i mean that ITR was moving. we had already clipped the century mark. i thought to myself " carl just let it go, he has a faster car" so i chill back gown to 70/75 mph. ITR does the same. a few miles later we are side by side, bumper to bumper. i look over to check out the driver (make sure it aint no girl) and i had the feeling he wanted to go at it again. no sooner than i can say maxima this fu*ker punches it !! i was like f*ck this & i downshifted to 4th and stomped the gas like there was no tomorrow. my frenz this is why i drive a maxima. my car took off like i have never felt before. i mean just raw accleration at 80 mph and she kept pulling strong. i know ITR had to be suprised, i pulled a half car length on him. his front bumper was at my door. not once did i let off the gas. i just kept my eyes on the road and waited for my shift light to come on. ITR couldnt pass me he was giving that thing all the VTEC it could take. i think we raced all the way to about 115-120. dont get me wrong it was dead close but my maxima was faster. i never felt so good about shutting down another car. my boy said it looked good from his point of view. yes my fellow frenz we can all rest tonite knowing that another "honda boy" has felt the wrath of the NISSAN MAXIMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2001, 05:26 AM
is invisible

Nice kill...

but if you want the real "King of Hondas" try an Acura NSX.
Old 02-22-2001, 05:38 AM

Nice run, but why not drop it in 3rd instead of 4th? n/m

Old 02-22-2001, 09:41 AM

Re: Nice kill...

Originally posted by CoolMax
but if you want the real "King of Hondas" try an Acura NSX.
or at least a S2000
Old 02-22-2001, 10:51 AM

>> low and behold what do i see the fabled Integra Type R. i know how honda boys operate so i pull in on his back bumper to do some investigating. it could have been a ls/gs/gsr posing. well turns out he has a front end body kit with acura cl headlights. <<
Erm... Behind to check out the headlamps? I don't think you encountered a ITR. The easiest way is to check the 5 lug bolt pattern. If you're behind him, check the rear lower brace (this is a harder way since a lot of integs buy 'em aftermarket)...I just have a hard time believing you ran into an ITR.

>> the king of all hondas. <<
I thought it was the NSX. To me, the king of hondas are CRXs!

>> i just kept my eyes on the road and waited for my shift light to come on. <<
The 4th gens have shift lamps? Or you have an aftermarket one? hehehhe, shift lamps

Either way, good kill. Not sure if racing 2dr 4 cylinders that weigh around 2500lbs is an equal match for a 4dr 6 cylinder that weighs around 3100lbs...

Old 02-22-2001, 02:11 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I've got a great video of me outrunning a yellow ITR at the track. He has a slightly better reaction time and 60 foot (horrible 60 foots for both of us), but he still couldn't handle the VQs lowend torque. I jumped out to a one car lead by 60mph and pulled slightly further ahead, then he started coming back as we neared the timing devices. When we finished, he was on my bumper. I ran a 15.2@92.X and he ran a 15.3@93. I still won though That ITR couldn't real in this Maxima His mods were a intake only, but now he has a full $8000 JUN ITR buildup. I'd be toast no matter where we raced.

Dave
Old 02-22-2001, 07:34 PM

I know who he raced, I've seen the guy at some local shows. It's a real Type R with the California Type R front end, hence the CL headlights. The car's got the usual bolt ons, AEM, Mugen header, exhaust.

Originally posted by SCCA Solo2
>> low and behold what do i see the fabled Integra Type R. i know how honda boys operate so i pull in on his back bumper to do some investigating. it could have been a ls/gs/gsr posing. well turns out he has a front end body kit with acura cl headlights. <<
Erm... Behind to check out the headlamps? I don't think you encountered a ITR. The easiest way is to check the 5 lug bolt pattern. If you're behind him, check the rear lower brace (this is a harder way since a lot of integs buy 'em aftermarket)...I just have a hard time believing you ran into an ITR.

>> the king of all hondas. <<
I thought it was the NSX. To me, the king of hondas are CRXs!

>> i just kept my eyes on the road and waited for my shift light to come on. <<
The 4th gens have shift lamps? Or you have an aftermarket one? hehehhe, shift lamps

Either way, good kill. Not sure if racing 2dr 4 cylinders that weigh around 2500lbs is an equal match for a 4dr 6 cylinder that weighs around 3100lbs...

Old 02-23-2001, 10:31 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Nice run, but why not drop it in 3rd instead of 4th? n/m

Originally posted by The New CLIMAX
i dont think dropping to third would give me any good pull