General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

New Maxima site

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 11:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey guys...

We created a new site, it has forums and stuff. Come on and check it out. I think most of you will like it. Well that is about all I am going to say here.

Thanks
Delio M. DeMoura

http://www.clubmaxima.com
Old 02-22-2001, 11:41 AM
RussMaxManiac

Since it took me 5 min to get to this point to post. Anyways, I agree. It's a great site, and everyone needs to check it out. It's very fast! Enjoy!

Originally posted by delio
Hey guys...

We created a new site, it has forums and stuff. Come on and check it out. I think most of you will like it. Well that is about all I am going to say here.

Thanks
Delio M. DeMoura

http://www.clubmaxima.com

Old 02-22-2001, 11:43 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

good job delio.. man.. these SQL errors drive me crazy.. been sitting here for 10 mins trying to just view this post and then reply.. guys if you want to never see SQL errors go 2 www.clubmaxima.com
Old 02-22-2001, 12:00 PM

Originally posted by Phil96SE
good job delio.. man.. these SQL errors drive me crazy.. been sitting here for 10 mins trying to just view this post and then reply.. guys if you want to never see SQL errors go 2 www.clubmaxima.com

russ
why you trying to steal my logos
Thanks guys!
Old 02-22-2001, 01:12 PM

chillin site ... ill still browse this site but the new site is damn fast
Old 02-22-2001, 01:29 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Phew [out of breath], I got on! Check out the new site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2001, 01:50 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

That's a good thing...

I think the more social Maxima sites we can have the better! We'll be bringing the new server online in the next couple of weeks here so if you're feeling anxious about posting here because of speed, hang onto your britches. As we stay away from the "us vs. them" mentality, I think it's a great way to show the rest of the world that there are many Maxima enthusiasts out there that want to talk about Maximas!
Old 02-22-2001, 01:55 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: That's a good thing...

Originally posted by Jambo
I think the more social Maxima sites we can have the better! We'll be bringing the new server online in the next couple of weeks here so if you're feeling anxious about posting here because of speed, hang onto your britches. As we stay away from the "us vs. them" mentality, I think it's a great way to show the rest of the world that there are many Maxima enthusiasts out there that want to talk about Maximas!
I don't think that mentality will rear its ugly face at all
Old 02-22-2001, 01:56 PM

i agree
Old 02-22-2001, 02:04 PM

i like cheesecake!
Old 02-22-2001, 02:24 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Jamie.....

Originally posted by Jambo
As we stay away from the "us vs. them" mentality, I think it's a great way to show the rest of the world that there are many Maxima enthusiasts out there that want to talk about Maximas!
I think you're dreaming, but stranger things have happened....

The "opening comments" there were enough for me to stay away.....not much thought went into them.....it seems more emotional than anything.....

[Edited by bill99gxe on 02-22-2001 at 04:41 PM]
Old 02-22-2001, 02:29 PM

What kind of cheesecake? I like strawberry chocolate cheescake.
Old 02-22-2001, 02:37 PM

Re: Jamie.....

The "opening comments" there were enough for me to stay away.....not much thought went into them.....
Bill, you are cordially invited to join. If you would like to discuss what you found offensive or "non thoughtful" about my comments I would be more than happy to do so via e-mail so we don't clutter the forum. Please feel free to contact me. delio@rcn.com
Old 02-22-2001, 02:56 PM

delio

The "opening comments" there were enough for me to stay away.....not much thought went into them.....
Bill, you are cordially invited to join. If you would like to discuss what you found offensive or "non thoughtful" about my comments I would be more than happy to do so via e-mail so we don't clutter the forum. Please feel free to contact me. delio@rcn.com
I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately, my e-mail is down for some undetermined amount of time....hopefully until the end of the week.

My main criticism is I don't think it was necessary to quietly criticize people like myself or Jamie for deleting/editing posts. When I see something posted on this forum that I consider stupid/irrelevant, I get rid of it or edit it. Unfortunately, it is typically the same posters each time and makes it to look like a vandetta against them personally.

Yeah, I'm sure I'm the bad guy on this forum because of what I do. Trust me, it ain't easy. But I suspect you will learn this lesson as well over time with your forums when dealing with certain types of posters.

Your claim on the front page is just not true that we here ban users or edit/delete posts to quiet their viewpoints. Rather, we (or should I say I) do in fact judge the relevance and productiveness of posts. Anyone, especially yourself, who has been on .org for any length of time know that we have recently been deluged with ignorant posters who only understand how to click and type rather than how to think when posting here.

As long as Jamie tolerates my moderation of the forum here, I will continue to lay down the law and make it clear as to what is and is not allowed.

I hope your endeavor is successful and you accomplish your goals.
Old 02-22-2001, 03:06 PM

Bill

I think we have come to more of an understanding... I will edit the comments made on the opening page of clubmaxima to something a little more toned down. I have no vandetta against yourself. I have no issues with you whatsoever, I am sorry if you think that I do. That was never intended to be the point I drove across.

My point as was stated on the other forum, was to create a much more lax environment for the user. It is not meant as a competitive effort with Maxima.org. If it were I would be wasting my time. Maxima.org has me by over 3000 members. I am sure that number will change, but I fully expect this site to remain the more popular amongst most users. I for one will continue to come here, and I will continue to participate in meets and events, and may even see you at Maxus this year.

I have no problem with policing, and monitoring the forums, I for one would rather have my post deleted than edited (just my 2 cents) and the ONLY person that I had an issue with in regards to deleting my posts was Jamie, and I took it up with him via e-mail and the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your reply, I hope you re-think your decision to visit Clubmaxima, maybe just to unwind a little and spam a board. But if not I totally respect that decision, and will continue to respect you as I always have.

Thanks,
Del
Old 02-22-2001, 03:13 PM

Please don't get the wrong idea.

The site wasn't made to compete with Maxima.org.

It's just a nice way to take some load off the site.

Maxima.org still has a wider range of forums, information and user base.

Our site will be more community based/ran.

Hopefully the sites will complement each other, and possibly even out the load on Maxima.org a bit.

Like Jambo said. The more Maxima sites we have the better. This helps get the world out about our cars.

Thanks,
Old 02-22-2001, 03:15 PM

delio

I think we have come to more of an understanding... I will edit the comments made on the opening page of clubmaxima to something a little more toned down. I have no vandetta against yourself. I have no issues with you whatsoever, I am sorry if you think that I do. That was never intended to be the point I drove across.

My point as was stated on the other forum, was to create a much more lax environment for the user. It is not meant as a competitive effort with Maxima.org. If it were I would be wasting my time. Maxima.org has me by over 3000 members. I am sure that number will change, but I fully expect this site to remain the more popular amongst most users. I for one will continue to come here, and I will continue to participate in meets and events, and may even see you at Maxus this year.

I have no problem with policing, and monitoring the forums, I for one would rather have my post deleted than edited (just my 2 cents) and the ONLY person that I had an issue with in regards to deleting my posts was Jamie, and I took it up with him via e-mail and the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your reply, I hope you re-think your decision to visit Clubmaxima, maybe just to unwind a little and spam a board. But if not I totally respect that decision, and will continue to respect you as I always have.

Thanks,
Del
I just believe the intent of your website will have a lot more merit if you leave the banning users editing posts comment out and just state that you created it for a more lax environment and because you got tired of those stupid MY SQL errors all the time. I know that alone would be enough for me to visit, as I get very frustrated with the errors here on occasion....

Sorry to waste the bandwidth with the posts, but I'm glad this is out in the open for all to see....

I appreciate your adult approach to the issues, we could use a lot more of that around here.....
Old 02-22-2001, 03:55 PM

Hey Bill

The site will be edited in less than a half hour. I am sorry if I offended you in any way. Hopefully Maxima.org and Clubmaxima can co-exist peacefully. That is all we had ever intended.

Thanks,
Del
Old 02-22-2001, 05:26 PM

nice site

n/m keep up the good work
Old 02-22-2001, 05:45 PM
OG :)

maximas are fun.