General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Accidents..

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 12:27 PM

Accidents..

I just wanted to know if anyone was paid off due a accident.
My car is messed up and for the last 4 days My back, Neck and
shoulders are stiff.

When it happened I didnt notice and discomfort ! Who should
i contact about this ? The adjuster ? My Insurance ? a lawyer ?

I dont want to sue this old man but some people are saying that I should get checked out. It was a HUGE truck that ran into the back of me.

The car is getting repaired and its expensive ! my trunk floor has
a buckle.

Will his insurance pay or have a settlement ? Help I dont know
what to do.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:48 PM

This happened to me like two months ago. I was sitting at a stop light and got rear ended by someone, my neck and head kind of hurt but I figured it would go away, the lady that hit me didn't look like she had a vast amount of money and I put myself in her shoes and thought to myself I would hate to be her. I decided not to do anything about it, since I know how much it would suck to have someone sue me or something in that manner done. I simply went through her insurance, and it got covered by her co.

Now about two weeks ago I actually was in an accident where I rear ended the car in front of me, and that car tapped the car in front of it as well. The car it tapped had not even a scratch on it, I didn't even know he was in the accident until he said he was. At the scene he said he was fine and no damage was done to his car. About two days ago I got a letter saying he "sustained bodily injuries". Not a bad way to finish the week. Basically in this case I guess its up to the insurance co. to take care of things from here. I am still very mad since this just shows how people in America will do anything for the quick dollar. Kind of have to watch your back I guess in accidents and situations like this, where everyone is out to benefit themselves I guess....so my recommendation would be get your neck, back etc. looked at and don't worry about the guy. If he has insurance it will most likely cover more than enough, and I think having a problem arise because of this in the future is not something you want and you only have one year to file against injuries...