General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Who's Max is this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 12:13 PM

Who's Max is this?

http://www.nopi.com/2003/XMODSStreetShowoff/nyc21.html

Did you win anything
Old 12-05-2003, 12:25 PM
Sports Button FTW

i remember seeing that car at johnsonpark meet. I think it has supercharger, yellow engine bay. Somewhere in his late 20's early 30's russian looking guy. Car looked good, but dont remember it havng those rims.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:47 PM

ugly car
Old 12-05-2003, 02:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Look at me Im a ricer
Old 12-05-2003, 02:01 PM

I remember when it was at Madison Square Garden but it was locked. It wasnt too bad looking at all but he needed to get rid of those mirror tints.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

His name is Simon: http://www.sounddomain.com/id/dienadel
Old 12-05-2003, 03:01 PM

Me no likey the graphics.....big 4x4 gap!!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 03:23 PM
Tha Snatcher

the proud owners....
Old 12-07-2003, 04:00 PM

Man, couldn't the guy find a shirt to wear?!
Old 12-07-2003, 04:16 PM
teddibear703

i think its sorta sexy... haha
Old 12-07-2003, 04:47 PM

at least his wife has one on...
Old 12-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Custom User Title...

Originally Posted by meccanoble
i remember seeing that car at johnsonpark meet. I think it has supercharger, yellow engine bay. Somewhere in his late 20's early 30's russian looking guy. Car looked good, but dont remember it havng those rims.

i don't see a supercharger on that guy's site... maybe people are talking about two different cars?
Old 12-07-2003, 06:53 PM
SXN

he also said late 20s early 30s...look at that picture. no way that guy is that young
Old 12-07-2003, 06:55 PM

am i starting to wake up? hmm. it seems that lots of sponsored show cars are attention-getting because they are flashy and tacky: the graphics are stupid, the front end is so all-over-the-map, wheels are gay, grille looks like a cracker jacks surprise plastic toy, nice blue paint is ruined by primer-looking grey shapes. and why did they leave the stock wheel gap? wtf? all of that expense to leave the wheel gap?

they probably have those altezza fakes in the rear: look at what white trash can do with money.

i like the shark gill vents.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:55 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

OMG......what a funny couple of 50 year old ricer.....
Old 12-07-2003, 06:59 PM
SXN

Originally Posted by bonzelite
am i starting to wake up? hmm. it seems that lots of sponsored show cars are attention-getting because they are flashy and tacky
its becoming a major trend, even with maximas. foetray for example this car looks awful, but i was avoiding going there, it wasnt the point of the thread, and we could all go on for weeks
Old 12-07-2003, 07:18 PM
SXN

why does everyone think blue is played out?
Old 12-07-2003, 07:24 PM

That guy's probably not sponsored. Just someone trying to "relive his youth" or something. It's funny, most of the older people who modify imports seem to do it without any sense of taste. I'd expect it from a 16 year old, but now 56 year olds are copying the style. Guess they saw F&F one too many times.

And not all sponsored cars are ugly, it all depends on who you get sponsored by.

BTW slammed, nothing wrong with blue , I had a Sarona kit and blue car over 2 years ago. Back then, everyone thought it was new and innovative. Guess too many people thought it was nice and wanted blue themselves. I agree it does kind of suck that everyone paints their cars blue now.

Originally Posted by bonzelite
am i starting to wake up? hmm. it seems that lots of sponsored show cars are attention-getting because they are flashy and tacky: the graphics are stupid, the front end is so all-over-the-map, wheels are gay, grille looks like a cracker jacks surprise plastic toy, nice blue paint is ruined by primer-looking grey shapes. and why did they leave the stock wheel gap? wtf? all of that expense to leave the wheel gap?

they probably have those altezza fakes in the rear: look at what white trash can do with money.

i like the shark gill vents.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by slammed95
Sarona kit= Cheap and Sh!tty. Blue paint= Played out. Wheels= Ghetto. Altezza's, fenders, and graphics= Rice.

What ever happened to originality and sense of style?
i am with you on this. i have no complete answer for it. for example, if you hang around the skylinesdownunder forums or 240SX forums, you seldom see this kind of crap. maybe it is a cultural thing: japanese, aussies, brits, kiwis, germans, all seem to have a more readily-available sensibility and eye for taste when modding their high-performance cars. it is about enhancements and subtle changes that equate to big gains in style and function.

i know this potentially racist blanket-statement risks a good flaming, but what is this white trash, or ethnic trash look that is passing for modding? (and note that i included white people, ya'll!! --some of the most tasteless aS$holes out there are white!).

i think that the people who are lead on to mod their cars, at great expense and time, with grandiose tackiness, are actually unaware that they are clueless. this is why they come on to the forums and desire others to check out their rides as if the responses will be in their favor: they actually must expect props because they are undoubtedly surrounded by peers who are equally as blind. or, rather, afraid to tell the owner that the car is really ugly - a denial of the truth to keep things safe and patronizing.

it is like when someone gets a bad perm and they walk into the office the next day and everyone witholds the truth from them: the hair looks awful but we cannot tell her because what little self-esteem she does have will be destroyed and she will contemplate suicide.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:42 PM

i don't think blue is played out either. it seems that someone said that on some forum elsewhere, and it spread, and is now "the truth." wtf?

so i will say on this thread "white is so common. it is played out." (and my car is pearl white). "red is so played out." "black is so played out. everyone wants that color." it is random and meaningless.

so what is the remedy for this played out condition? to paint the cars green? or pink? those colors are not common. those colors are not anywhere near played out. how about parakeet sh*it? anyone see a parakeet sh*it car?

so when we see further threads and pictures of blue cars, tasteless and awesome alike, those rides are automatically cast out because they are played out. wtf kind of thinking is this?
Old 12-07-2003, 07:47 PM
LithiuMax

EDITED
slammed95 seems to think that if the guy had a black car, 5 spoke rims, red/clears, Skyline kit and stock fenders, that most people would appreciate the car. What exactly would you consider "little pieces that make a big difference?" I will say that his car looks decent, minus the flames and the grill.

Old 12-07-2003, 07:50 PM
SXN

Originally Posted by Shadow
That guy's probably not sponsored. Just someone trying to "relive his youth" or something.
i would have really hated to been there for that youth

LithiuMax, you have a problem with black cars? when its clean and shiney, it is down right the best color
Old 12-07-2003, 07:54 PM
LithiuMax

SXN, I don't have a problem with any color on any car. I was "-" that close to buying a black car myself. I was just giving an example of a color that is more widely bought than blue, while blue gets the "played out" monicker.

Old 12-07-2003, 07:57 PM
SXN

like i said if you look up in the thread, i dont think blue is played out either. he was using quotes also to prove that HE doesnt think black is played out (nor white, red, or blue)
Old 12-07-2003, 08:00 PM
LithiuMax

Crap.. I was looking at the quoted post by slammed95 in bonzelite's post. My original post should have been directed at slammed95 and not at bonzelite. My bad.

Old 12-07-2003, 08:01 PM
SXN

aha, see thats where i got confused
Old 12-07-2003, 09:21 PM
SXN

so wait LithiuMax, you dont like red clears, and skyline kits?
Old 12-07-2003, 11:34 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

if any of you notices, it does have a sense of style. i saw this car earlier this summer and we had a good combination of performance and style.

yes it does have a lot of vinyl all over it, but he did choose to make his maxima look the way that HE wanted to.

I hope that somebody did notive the 10,000k cefiro headlights on the last page. it take a lot of originality to get those to look that good in there. i've havent gotten to install mine because there is a lot of custom modification to make the fit and make them fit right. the shop that did it must have cost a pretty penny.

or are you saying that he could have spent better money elsewhere?
Old 12-07-2003, 11:53 PM
Custom User Title...

Originally Posted by slimer
I hope that somebody did notive the 10,000k cefiro headlights on the last page. it take a lot of originality to get those to look that good in there. i've havent gotten to install mine because there is a lot of custom modification to make the fit and make them fit right. the shop that did it must have cost a pretty penny.

aren't those the lights that ange sells?? i thought people can easily install those themselves. just do a little cutting on the back of the lights(i think), and use weather stripping to fill in the gaps. seems easy enough.

(or are you being sarcastic and i just didn't get it?)
Old 12-07-2003, 11:56 PM

more dialogue

i waver between 'live and let live' and 'preach.' on this thread in particular, i have done the latter: the cefiro lights are nice, and there is no doubt about that, but look what he put them next to: the cheaper-than-stock-looking plastic toy grille. the guy is on the right track, but his overall impression upon me is half-baked. his blue color looks fine to me. but not with the graphix. but, in a 'live-and-let-live' world we can say "it is the way he wants it, and it is therefore right for him." like foetray's car is right for him; it is HIS way. and he gets props from like-minded folks, and hatred from opposite-minded folks. yet it is his statement. and despite my dislike for some, not all, of his choices, i recognize that he adds color and uniqueness to this particular maxima crowd.

because this aesthetic dimension of modding is so personal and subjective, how do we make a judgement without offending someone? well, dunno, so i have stopped that policy: if someone is offended, then i cannot please everyone. perhaps someone will be swayed to see something that they never did by what i point out. and what i have done to my car, or what someone else has done to their car, cannot satisfy everyone either as it is really for the personal enjoyment of the owner. but i think there is a general tacky code out there. just look for yourself. you know it is true.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:07 AM
no more maxima...

Trenz grille will always look like a.ss to me...but then again that is my opinion.

Did these seats come out of an early 80's caddilac?
Old 12-08-2003, 01:11 AM

after all of my long winded crap: why is this car getting so much attention? it sucks. oh. that is why it is getting attention.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:11 AM
no more maxima...

I like how he filled in the gap perfectly between the cefiero headlights and the fender/bumper.

Old 12-08-2003, 09:15 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

yeah, its not that easy to do.

yes they are the lights that agne sells, but its a little mor than cutting the bracket. theres a lot of custom grinding to get them to fit right
Old 12-08-2003, 09:44 AM

Remember a few years back when yellow was the "in" color? If you had a yellow ITR or a car painted yellow or had yellow accents or yellow anything inside your car, you were considered a ricer because everyone equated yellow with fast.

Well ... yellow has been replaced by blue.

Blue LED nozzles, blue paint, blue this, blue that.

Blue = the new color of rice.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:35 AM
I miss the .org!

Hey what's wrong with his ride? That Supra wing goes great with those tight graphics!
Old 12-08-2003, 11:36 AM
SXN

his ride makes my prostate hurt. I dont think blue is that rice, but it is becoming way more popular in the rice community. i think blue can be a well done color, and accent a car great. on the other have, ive always prefered black.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:10 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally Posted by SXN
his ride makes my prostate hurt.

..thats a classic answer.....
Old 12-09-2003, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by SXN
makes my prostate hurt
You sure that's not ivelweyz?

just kidding
Old 12-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by kingrukus
Trenz grille will always look like a.ss to me...but then again that is my opinion.

Did these seats come out of an early 80's caddilac?
Those are Autzone seat covers.

Quick Reply: Who's Max is this?