General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Video of the 12.9 @ 106

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 10:13 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by IceY2K1
Sick...just sick!

You ZEX out of the hole and the tranny does the rest, right?

I wasn't spraying out of the hole b/c it was too slick ,but yea I let the tranny do all the work when spraying.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
Slowpoke....
Old 12-08-2003, 10:30 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by deezo
Slowpoke....

I can't help it ....I try
Old 12-08-2003, 03:47 PM
3.0HO

Originally Posted by Ceasars Chariot
just stopped by the rockingham dragway page. that must be one of the best places to drag race one earth. AWESOME ! im making a road trip !
I would love to see you guys run against one another NA vs NA on street tires.

Old 12-08-2003, 07:44 PM
SLOW

Originally Posted by 3.0HO
I would love to see you guys run against one another NA vs NA on street tires.

Eh, no offense to Ceasar intended, but Matt vs Ceasar on street tires N/A would result in Ceasar getting stomped.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:48 PM
aka UNCDooD

I can't help it ....I try

you down for a meet at Fayetteville?
Old 12-08-2003, 08:55 PM
Bandwagon Lover

Great run Blu!!!

Can't wait till next year so I can hopefully get a good run in. Way to represent the Blue Maxima's of the world
Old 12-08-2003, 10:53 PM
3.0HO

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Eh, no offense to Ceasar intended, but Matt vs Ceasar on street tires N/A would result in Ceasar getting stomped.

I'm not talking best times. I'm talking consistancy and I'm sure Ceasar would win a few times on r/t and over the line first. Which to me is real racing aside from a course.

Old 12-09-2003, 01:01 AM
SLOW

I'm not talking best times. I'm talking consistancy and I'm sure Ceasar would win a few times on r/t and over the line first. Which to me is real racing aside from a course.
Ceasar is deadly consistent you are right, but im not sure that even consistent .500 lights would be able to make up the .6 second gap between them
Old 12-09-2003, 05:19 AM
Blu
the tits

how do you know Im not consistant myself ...I have finished 1st, 4th and 5th in the imports at the rock bracket events with over 60 cars each event entered in the brackets. If im competition I pull 500 lights all day as well as less than a tenth from my dial in. The last event I was in I missed an automatic bye into the finals by .004 I cut a .496 light so of course I screwed myself out of a chance to defend my previous title.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:18 AM
3.0HO

Ceasar is deadly consistent you are right, but im not sure that even consistent .500 lights would be able to make up the .6 second gap between them

As I said it will be interesting to see how they do against one another. Their numbers are from different tracks and different conditions on different days. A 4th gen auto against a 3.5. Technically the 3.5 should spank it but it will be interesting to see if they actually can match up in real life.

Old 12-09-2003, 08:19 AM
3.0HO

how do you know Im not consistant myself ...I have finished 1st, 4th and 5th in the imports at the rock bracket events with over 60 cars each event entered in the brackets. If im competition I pull 500 lights all day as well as less than a tenth from my dial in. The last event I was in I missed an automatic bye into the finals by .004 I cut a .496 light so of course I screwed myself out of a chance to defend my previous title.
Thats great! You guys should line it up a few times then and see what happens?

Old 12-09-2003, 09:16 AM
Blu
the tits

As I said it will be interesting to see how they do against one another. Their numbers are from different tracks and different conditions on different days. A 4th gen auto against a 3.5. Technically the 3.5 should spank it but it will be interesting to see if they actually can match up in real life.
he doesn't have a 4th gen auto...and any year auto maxima not to sound cocky ...but it doesn't have a chance against the 3.5, well except 96sleeper and his freak car
Old 12-09-2003, 09:42 AM

So, since no one else has asked...

Why is the trap speed so low? Traps are supposed to be an indicator of HP, and nitrous gives you a bunch more of that... So...?
Old 12-09-2003, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Stereodude
So, since no one else has asked...

Why is the trap speed so low? Traps are supposed to be an indicator of HP, and nitrous gives you a bunch more of that... So...?
How exactly is a 106 trap low? He was trapping 97 mph that day without juice...+9 mph trap = More power, hence NOS. That's a HUGE improvement.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:47 AM

106 is a great trap speed....
Old 12-09-2003, 11:07 AM

Awesome time congrats!!
Old 12-09-2003, 12:23 PM
SLOW

01 Z06 TPIS ATI 8lb Supercharger Hurst 38 lb SVO inj....625-535rwhp
Old 12-09-2003, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by skandalouz
106 is a great trap speed....
Seems low for a car that runs a 12.9
Old 12-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Blu
the tits

how do you figure? not much experience drag racing I can see. Im going to leave this one alone...
Old 12-09-2003, 02:53 PM
SLOW

If he could actually launch the car like he wants to he could probably run a 12.6 @ 106.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:38 PM

how do you figure? not much experience drag racing I can see. Im going to leave this one alone...
This coming from the person who had someone else install all his mods...

For example:
2003 Corvette Z06 runs a 12.8 @ 114MPH
2003 Mustang Cobra runs a 12.9 @ 111MPH
2000 Ferrari 550 Maranello runs a 12.5 @ 117MPH

These are just a few examples. I don't see anyone else running a 12.9 @ 106.

So again, why are you traps so low?
Old 12-09-2003, 09:48 PM
STFU n00b!

because he's an auto. man, give the guy an effin break on the trap speed and some props for pulling 12s in a Maxima. geeeez
Old 12-09-2003, 09:51 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

For example:

To get good traps, you need serious top-end. All of those cars have it, but a 2k2 Max does not. Haven't looked at any dynos recently, but nitrous usually gives you extremely strong torque in the low-end and mid-range but drops off a lot at the top-end. The boost usually gives you more torque than peak horsepower, which is what you need for higher traps.

Also, slicks help your 60' time a lot. If you gain 0.2-0.3 on your 60' with slicks then that's an 0.4-0.6s gain on your ET. I forget about how the ratio usually works in relation to MPH trap gain, but your ET will definitely drop a lot more than you'll gain on your trap speed, if that makes sense.

It's really no different than a WRX that runs low-14's but at only a low-90 trap speed. Why? Because it can launch like hell but is very weak from a roll. Quick ET, but relatively "slow" MPH for the ET. The opposite of that is a Honda. Take a Prelude manual. Low/Mid-15's usually but at a 94-95 mph trap speed. Why? Heavy, and no torque so it can't launch worth a darn, but can run like hell in the last 1/8th and gain a ton of speed. Slower ET, quicker MPH relative to the ET.

blu's runs make perfect sense to me.

BTW, great runs Matt!
Old 12-10-2003, 05:11 AM
Blu
the tits

Ok wtf does that have to do with racing? Huh? Anyone?

For example:

Where did you get these times from? Did they have SLICKS??? Out of a magazine? You saw the video...now get your thumb out of your a$$ and grasp the concept of drag racing. Let me break it down for you A:nitrous=torque not top end B:slicks=traction for all the torque C:traction=quick ET should I go on so your non working brain can understand. I guess you need to go and ask Jime why his trap speed is so low. 12.1@110 that is just terrible huh? A magazine shows that a car with a complete different power band runs a 12.1@120 so thats set in stone, thus meaning Jimes trap speed is low.

What you you trap? Do you know anything about drag racing or just on car forums and magazines? Have you ever raced at the drag strip? Get out of my thread moron.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:16 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
To get good traps, you need serious top-end. All of those cars have it, but a 2k2 Max does not. Haven't looked at any dynos recently, but nitrous usually gives you extremely strong torque in the low-end and mid-range but drops off a lot at the top-end. The boost usually gives you more torque than peak horsepower, which is what you need for higher traps.

Also, slicks help your 60' time a lot. If you gain 0.2-0.3 on your 60' with slicks then that's an 0.4-0.6s gain on your ET. I forget about how the ratio usually works in relation to MPH trap gain, but your ET will definitely drop a lot more than you'll gain on your trap speed, if that makes sense.

It's really no different than a WRX that runs low-14's but at only a low-90 trap speed. Why? Because it can launch like hell but is very weak from a roll. Quick ET, but relatively "slow" MPH for the ET. The opposite of that is a Honda. Take a Prelude manual. Low/Mid-15's usually but at a 94-95 mph trap speed. Why? Heavy, and no torque so it can't launch worth a darn, but can run like hell in the last 1/8th and gain a ton of speed. Slower ET, quicker MPH relative to the ET.

BTW, great runs Matt!
Thanks man ohh and by the way do you have any idea what (This coming from the person who had someone else install all his mods... )has to do with my thread or any response I have given?

It was also a warm day around 70 so my car was running 1.5mph slower all motor than it normally does. Next trip to the track I will have better results
Old 12-10-2003, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by SteVTEC

BTW, great runs Matt!
Finally someone answers the question. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:23 AM

Ok wtf does that have to do with racing? Huh? Anyone?
It has nothing to do with racing, but everything to do with your attitude. You act like your the Maxima god. As if you had fabbed your own custom parts by hand and tweaked the hell out of the car all by yourself to make it so fast. Of course this isn't the case, but that doesn't stop you from misrepresenting yourself on the forum.

You're nothing more than a Maxima owner with a Napoleon complex about the car you payed someone else to make fast. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but having a fast car doesn't make you worthy of all the props and attention you're after. Anyone can put money into a car and make it fast. Doing something innovative like Uncle Max, or Hal, or Keving, or SR20DEN, or Craig Mack makes someone worthy of mad props.
What you you trap? Do you know anything about drag racing or just on car forums and magazines? Have you ever raced at the drag strip? Get out of my thread moron.
Of course I know a thing or two about drag racing. How do you think I knew your traps were low for the time you were pushing? *sigh*

But, please... Let me do as Napoleon wishes and leave your royal highness's thread.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:33 AM
VQ Wizard

Ok this whole thing is getting pretty stupid now. Both of you guys appear to get on each others nerves so why don't we just end this one now ok?
Old 12-10-2003, 07:38 AM
Blu
the tits

It has nothing to do with racing, but everything to do with your attitude. You act like your the Maxima god. As if you had fabbed your own custom parts by hand and tweaked the hell out of the car all by yourself to make it so fast. Of course this isn't the case, but that doesn't stop you from misrepresenting yourself on the forum.
point me into the direction of me acting like a maxima god....

You're nothing more than a Maxima owner with a Napoleon complex about the car you payed someone else to make fast. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but having a fast car doesn't make you worthy of all the props and attention you're after. Anyone can put money into a car and make it fast. Doing something innovative like Uncle Max, or Hal, or Keving, or SR20DEN, or Craig Mack makes someone worthy of mad props.
I didn't pay anyone to make my car fast...its called having friends help you out when you don't know how to do something. Im sorry if you don't have those but its not my fault. Find in my thread were Im asking for props search away...

Of course I know a thing or two about drag racing. How do you think I knew your traps were low for the time you were pushing? *sigh*
obviously not b/c someone had to explain it to you so you could understand

But, please... Let me do as Napoleon wishes and leave your royal highness's thread.
thank you much
Old 12-10-2003, 07:41 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Maxima Gods......
Old 12-10-2003, 07:56 AM
wat

Maxima Gays.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:03 AM
I am Roid Rage

Maximas
Old 12-10-2003, 08:04 AM
Old Maxima Legend

ha ! i was about to say , What tha ? Who is trying to put me in the ring with this "Demon Max " HA ! Im still in the little leagues, but its fun as hail !
Old 12-10-2003, 08:09 AM
Old Maxima Legend

yikes, thanks for the support but a real bracket racer will tell you my times are fairly consistent with a manual. On our tree I need to be cutting a much quicker light .. starting in 04 im going to be jumping out of the gates much faster. I just started the drag racing thing, so as of late I have been trying not to red light, so there has been hesitation in the launch, but now that im talking with more and more people who bracket race, they say that if you dont get a redlight once in a while, your not trying hard enough. So if I recall correctly I can knock off a second on some of those launchs . I asked about why our light is the .000 and not .500 and the guys told be its so that the fans can understand it easier.

anyways .. all those numbers and such takes some time to figure out and get into the theory of it. im still a pup ! ha Another thing is I havent done any bracket racing, so again I would put my money on blubyu2k2, especially if he is winning..its not easy !

p.s. lets meet up , you could race me, then neal, and then blubyu2k2 in the "Disney Three Musketeers style !" remember the guy who had all the duels lined up with them on the same day.

Ha ! just kidding .. man im bored..........no max either its in the shop
Old 12-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by Ceasars Chariot
yikes, thats for the support but a real bracket racer will tell you my times are fairly consistent witha manual. on our tree i need to be cutting a much quicker light .. starting in 04 im going to be jumping out of the gates much faster. i just started the drag racing thing, so as of late i have been trying not to red light, so theres been hesitation in the launch, but now that im talking with more and more people who bracket race, they say that if you dont get a redlight once in a while, your not trying hard enough. So if i recall correctly i can knock off a second on some of those launchs ..

anyways .. all those numbers and such takes some time to figure out and get into the theory of it. im still a pup ! ha
yea bracket racing is nerve racking when its all on the line. I blew it myself the last event but its happens to everyone...GL in 04 with your freshly painted machine
Old 12-10-2003, 08:39 AM

Can you somehow send me the VID cause i can not see it.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:47 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by MaximaPolak
Can you somehow send me the VID cause i can not see it.
http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.p...ery=2k2 juicing
Old 12-10-2003, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
Ok this whole thing is getting pretty stupid now. Both of you guys appear to get on each others nerves so why don't we just end this one now ok?
why? ......
Old 12-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Administrator

you suck at the internet

http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...=getit&lid=121

Quick Reply: Video of the 12.9 @ 106