General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Video of the 12.9 @ 106

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 08:53 AM

Great run, I am just curious, what car did you destroy in the run. Good luck with your transmission.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Stereodude
This coming from the person who had someone else install all his mods...

For example:
2003 Corvette Z06 runs a 12.8 @ 114MPH
2003 Mustang Cobra runs a 12.9 @ 111MPH
2000 Ferrari 550 Maranello runs a 12.5 @ 117MPH

These are just a few examples. I don't see anyone else running a 12.9 @ 106.

So again, why are you traps so low?
Why the ragging on Matt ? Who cares if he had someone else install his go fast goodies, not everybody has the aptitude or time to do these things. His car is seriously quick, even off the juice, and imo, an Auto VQ35 doing these sort of times is super impressive, juice or no juice. Lets face it, fwd guys have to overcome many more obstacles than awd or rwd cars, especially with the issue of putting down the power to the same tires that steer the car, and Matt seems to have it down pat.

Oh, and you must go to the track real often (sarcasm) if you think the et's always match up to the trap speeds...example, look at the Turbo Buicks and Pontiac TTA's. Some cars are all gears and slicks, and will pull a bad-*** time, yet their trap isn't all that great. Some are the complete opposite *cough BPU Turbo Supras cough* and will run a **** et, but the trap is insane. For all of us track guys, the trap is always a nice indicator of power, but for me, I want to get to the finish line as soon as possible, trap speed notwithstanding.

FWIW, the 01 Z06's were running 12.80's... The 405 hp 02+ are doing 12.50's. The trap is about right, as are the rest of your #'s.

My .02
Old 12-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by SprintMax
I know
Old 12-10-2003, 10:54 AM
3.0HO

For example:

I also believe there is a 5th gen turbo running 13.6 @ 106. I don't think he was on slicks as well but not sure.

Would like to compare 60' and 1/8 mph.

Bottomline it is only a matter of a short period of time things start breaking because of all the racing let alone the N20.

Old 12-10-2003, 10:59 AM
3.0HO

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
yea bracket racing is nerve racking when its all on the line. I blew it myself the last event but its happens to everyone...GL in 04 with your freshly painted machine

Thats more my point your car is obviously more powerful. But when it comes down to driver vs driver settled nerves usually prevail especially in quick light to light runs on street tires. On the street you must get left standing from a dead stop by half decent mustang drivers etc. Running a 12.9 on slicks and large shot of N20 Once with a 1 second rt time really doesn't impress me. Pretty much anyone can do that in an auto with a little practice, spend the cash and willing to kick the crap out of their car.

Old 12-10-2003, 11:56 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by 3.0HO
Thats more my point your car is obviously more powerful. But when it comes down to driver vs driver settled nerves usually prevail especially in quick light to light runs on street tires. On the street you must get left standing from a dead stop by half decent mustang drivers etc. Running a 12.9 on slicks and large shot of N20 Once with a 1 second rt time really doesn't impress me. Pretty much anyone can do that in an auto with a little practice, spend the cash and willing to kick the crap out of their car.
are you and stereodude the same person? I bracket race all the time and I am great at the tree, if you don't think so ask the people that visit the track with me. First of all I'm not trying to impress you, second I am willing as you say to kick the crap out of my car because I enjoy racing, and last but not least on the road I can launch the crap out of my car on street tires. I pull 2.1 60's all day at the track but once again doing that in an auto is nothing right...just floor it and go right? Like I said when im focused and running for money at the track I get the job done. If you want to base my car off of one run I could care less. I ran 3 bracket events this year and finished 1st, 4th, and 5th out of 60 or more cars and also allowing the losers the buy back in the 1st and 2nd round. I notice you jump in all my threads reguarding times and dynos and bash me...is there a problem you have with me that I don't know about?
Old 12-10-2003, 12:01 PM
3.0HO

are you and stereodude the same person? I bracket race all the time and I am great at the tree, if you don't think so ask the people that visit the track with me. First of all I'm not trying to impress you, second I am willing as you say to kick the crap out of my car because I enjoy racing, and last but not least on the road I can launch the crap out of my car on street tires. I pull 2.1 60's all day at the track but once again doing that in an auto is nothing right...just floor it and go right? Like I said when im focused and running for money at the track I get the job done. If you want to base my car off of one run I could care less. I ran 3 bracket events this year and finished 1st, 4th, and 5th out of 60 or more cars and also allowing the losers the buy back in the 1st and 2nd round. I notice you jump in all my threads reguarding times and dynos and bash me...is there a problem you have with me that I don't know about?

Your right on focusing to make money racing. Wasting money and killing your car for nothing makes no sense. Sorta like beer league football: you do it because you love it, smashing people etc.. but in the end you quit because you get sick of not making any money and being so hard on you.

When you start hustlin' and make money from it then dude it makes sense. Otherwise save your money and get a sweet ride IMO.

Old 12-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Running a 12.9 on slicks and large shot of N20 Once with a 1 second rt time really doesn't impress me. Pretty much anyone can do that in an auto with a little practice, spend the cash and willing to kick the crap out of their car.
I disagree. It's not easy to make 1.* RT's in an auto. If you can't hook up, you ain't doing it in an auto or a 5 speed. Not one person has done this on our Maxima.org consistantly.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:08 PM
VQ Wizard

All I know is that blu and I have seen far too much drama in the past few days which we haven't revealed and I am tired of people twisting stories around to try to use against my friends and I.

Blu did run the 12.995 @ 106 with exactly the mods he has listed and he has a video to prove it. And if you don't like it then just don't post in here. Neither one of us have ever lied to you guys and we're not going to start now. So if you choose not to believe it then that is your own internall issue you need to deal with but please don't bring it to us because you'll only make yourself look like a tard.

Old 12-10-2003, 02:15 PM
VQ Wizard

Running a 12.9 on slicks and large shot of N20 Once with a 1 second rt time really doesn't impress me. Pretty much anyone can do that in an auto with a little practice, spend the cash and willing to kick the crap out of their car.

Thanks for sharing but I fail to see in his profile where it says "My ambition in life is to impress 3.0HO".

Yes anyone can do it but why is no one doing it? Why aren't you doing it if it's so easy?
Old 12-10-2003, 02:43 PM
SomePsychoGuy

slicks will actually slow the trap speed down a little because of how sticky they are. But more importantly You can't compare the times and trap speeds with FWD or AWD cars to the maxima. FWD makes our trap speeds high for our times because the maxima is not something that just hauls off the line. Our 60' are no where near that of a corvette or any v8 RWD domestic.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:23 PM

are you and stereodude the same person?
You can't wrap your mind around the idea that maybe two different people on this forum don't like you?
Old 12-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Blu
the tits

You can't wrap your mind around the idea that maybe two different people on this forum don't like you?
I thought you were finished in my thread? Ohh and I think someones post above was directed towards you...check it out.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

err, anyways, it doesn't even really matter what the trap speed is. What matters is the ET. That's what you run. The trap speed describes the powerband more than anything else. But what you run is the ET. That's what wins you races. Oh and cutting perfect lights.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:06 PM

This thread turned real quick. Damnit were do I start...

How about I make this thread better by starting with this

...alright now for starters, once we get near or over the 300whp mark the auto actually starts to beat the manual. Due to less shifting & consitency IMO. Its not "that" easy to run that # regardless of what any1 here thinks.
For one, the 00-01 cant really pull that off too easily, the auto tranny for the 3.5's is without a doubt built considerably tougher then the 3.0's tranny every was. For some1 like myself or you 3.0HO to run a # like that, a built tranny would definelty be called for. Thats not exactly a simple trick to pull to hit low ET's. I "personally" dont feel its worth it to make this car fast, yeah it looks good & has a health set of ***** but Its a daily driver and I would rather keep it realiable. I doubth im the only one who feels this way, so there is my .02. Im out.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:09 PM

sniff sniff

Is there some jealousy in the air or something?
Old 12-10-2003, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by KLoWnPR109
sniff sniff

Is there some jealousy in the air or something?
Quite possible, as SR said..if it was so easy, then any1 could pull it off. If he actually had bigger slicks & a bigger shot (100-125) you guys would be surprized by the times the 3.5 auto is capable of pulling. Good for him though, only a select few here have hit 12's.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by HitManSE
Quite possible, as SR said..if it was so easy, then any1 could pull it off. If he actually had bigger slicks & a bigger shot (100-125) you guys would be surprized by the times the 3.5 auto is capable of pulling. Good for him though, only a select few here have hit 12's.
I wasn't referring to you or anything if you got that impression. I just dont see how you can bash somebody who is hitting 12s and can go even lower once traction is his.

Ah, the drama of the org..............
Old 12-10-2003, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by KLoWnPR109
I wasn't referring to you or anything if you got that impression. I just dont see how you can bash somebody who is hitting 12s and can go even lower once traction is his.

Ah, the drama of the org..............
I know you wernt refering to me, I was just pointing out what SR said earlier. With traction, low12's to high 11's will be the result, or atleast thats what the sim says
Yeah org drama...gotta love it
Old 12-11-2003, 04:43 AM
Blu
the tits

13.0@106

Just got another video up but its a little slower...
Old 12-11-2003, 05:26 AM
Administrator

13.0@106

Just got another video up but its a little slower...
damn thats a big difference in time
Old 12-11-2003, 05:40 AM
Blu
the tits

damn thats a big difference in time

yup one second
Old 12-11-2003, 05:46 AM
wat

I want a split screen video showing you driving and the full view of your car going down the track. I don't believe you were driving. Impossible. Your traps are way off. I had my friend at NASA verify that.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:18 AM
Administrator

yup one second
did you do anything different on this run?
Old 12-11-2003, 06:58 AM
Blu
the tits

did you do anything different on this run?
didnt spray until around 5k in 1st
Old 12-11-2003, 07:04 AM
Administrator

didnt spray until around 5k in 1st
wow for a whole .1 sec
Old 12-11-2003, 07:30 AM
Blu
the tits

wow for a whole .1 sec
yup and as soon as I fliped the switch it spin and yanked my car to the left
Old 12-11-2003, 07:45 AM
Administrator

yup and as soon as I fliped the switch it spin and yanked my car to the left
how many inches to the left could you say
Old 12-11-2003, 07:49 AM
Blu
the tits

how many inches to the left could you say

about 25.25" I'd say
Old 12-11-2003, 09:09 AM

Sweet run blu!
Old 12-11-2003, 10:45 AM
3.0HO

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
Thanks for sharing but I fail to see in his profile where it says "My ambition in life is to impress 3.0HO".

Yes anyone can do it but why is no one doing it? Why aren't you doing it if it's so easy?
  1. I drive a 3.0 maxima not a 3.5
  2. My car is a 5spd not an Auto
  3. I want my car to last in the long run and keep my warranty
  4. I don't have the time
  5. My money can be spent in other places.
  6. I would go with a Turbo or SC if I was to boost at all

Old 12-11-2003, 10:47 AM
3.0HO

This thread turned real quick. Damnit were do I start...

How about I make this thread better by starting with this

...alright now for starters, once we get near or over the 300whp mark the auto actually starts to beat the manual. Due to less shifting & consitency IMO. Its not "that" easy to run that # regardless of what any1 here thinks.
For one, the 00-01 cant really pull that off too easily, the auto tranny for the 3.5's is without a doubt built considerably tougher then the 3.0's tranny every was. For some1 like myself or you 3.0HO to run a # like that, a built tranny would definelty be called for. Thats not exactly a simple trick to pull to hit low ET's. I "personally" dont feel its worth it to make this car fast, yeah it looks good & has a health set of ***** but Its a daily driver and I would rather keep it realiable. I doubth im the only one who feels this way, so there is my .02. Im out.
I agree well said. If he didn't want comments or opinions than he shouldn't be posting on internet forums.

Old 12-11-2003, 10:53 AM

1. I drive a 3.0 maxima not a 3.5
  2. My car is a 5spd not an Auto
  3. I want my car to last in the long run and keep my warranty
  4. I don't have the time
  5. My money can be spent in other places.
  6. I would go with a Turbo or SC if I was to boost at all
So then why are you making an argument in this thread?

I honestly can't say that I'm much different than you, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate and RESPECT all of the hard work that these guys do and the effort that they put into them to get them running awesome times at the track. I do actually. Very much so! I'm always fascinated to see what guys are able to run and with what. One day when I do have the time, do have the money, etc, I'll be able to apply all of the things that I learned thanks to guys like Matt and many others and build my own beast.

Until that day, I'll just have to be happy with my stock slow car.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:17 AM
3.0HO

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
So then why are you making an argument in this thread?

I honestly can't say that I'm much different than you, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate and RESPECT all of the hard work that these guys do and the effort that they put into them to get them running awesome times at the track. I do actually. Very much so! I'm always fascinated to see what guys are able to run and with what. One day when I do have the time, do have the money, etc, I'll be able to apply all of the things that I learned thanks to guys like Matt and many others and build my own beast.

Until that day, I'll just have to be happy with my stock slow car.
I agree it is "interesting" to me and don't have any problems at all with these guys. I am not arguing I am just voicing my opinion as well. Some people say it is a waste of money to put a body kit and rims on a maxima but I don't loose sleep over it. When you play you gotta pay and when you play with N20 let alone running a fwd car hard from dead stop a lot your going to be paying. I'm sure they realize this especially after blowing an engine already.

Old 12-11-2003, 11:28 AM
I'm needing a caw

Great times man! If someone wants to explore what the maxima can do in the 1/4, MORE POWER TO THEM! At least they have the guts to do it!

I don't know if I would take such a new car and run nos but what the hell. If Blu wants to so be it.

Give the guy some props and be on your way.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:33 AM

exactly
Old 12-12-2003, 05:28 PM

For example:

if hes spraying obviously lots of torque! know what that is?
traction, hes also auto so he dont have to shift. Thats how he got a 12.9. This is not a 4th gen maxima. Its a 3.5 and they are very fast w/some boost.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:48 PM

wow!!

Now add a s/c to that and he is untouchable
Old 12-13-2003, 06:59 AM
Handsome

Originally Posted by Wisky97SE
link doesnt work for me either :-(

I wanna see your run after my friend showed me a post on SRTforums.com about you beating an SRT4 .
I put that vid in "The Video Thread" in OT a while ago if anyone wants to check it out.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:23 PM

I don't think anyone is jealous here. It isn't that hard to install and tune a nitrous kit and slap on slicks. A track newbie can pull good times in an auto with some coaching. It does take a lot of ***** to run a 100 shot on slicks because eventually something is going to break. It is a risk I wouldn't take with my daily driver.

Quick Reply: Video of the 12.9 @ 106