General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Where in the FU%$ is Joint connector F107 located? in a 4th gen..other stuff too

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003 | 02:14 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Where in the FU%$ is Joint connector F107 located? in a 4th gen..other stuff too

Where in the FU%$ is Joint connector F107 located?

The car is running. I had the fuel lines reversed. Shot in some sarting fluid and crunk right up.

Now, I still have the 0102 MAF code. I checked the MAF with another car. My MAF is good.

I am checking the wires and the is a joint connector that the shield of the MAF wires taps into. I am trying ot locate joint F107.

I can SEE it in the FSM. EL-318. I can't tell where it is in relation to the car.

Also, while in cold start mode the car idles decent. Comes out of clod start, after it has warmed up, and the idle goes to hell. I also have a vaccum lek. I am seeing 10 HG in vaccum.

So I am trying ot get the car in a driveable condition. It stalls now when you put it in N.

Also just to confuse the situation more. While in cold start black smoke is coming out of the exhaust. Running rich.

After warm up it goes away and @ 1000-1200 RPM the EGT is close to 400 C. It WAS NEVER that high beofre the motor swap.

It would not get above 300 C.

SO I AM RUNNIGN LEAN. I am trying to figure out if it is the MAF or Vaccum leak or both.

I want to torch it and drink bacardi until I can't see.

I am SOOOO close.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-13-2003 | 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by bags533

I want to torch it and drink bacardi until I can't see.

I am SOOOO close.

Any thoughts?
I totally feel you. I have been having the hardest time trying to fix my car (Read my reply #13 to mzmtg's post). It has been misfiring. However being 17, having a limited budget and experience, it is not easy. Hope you figure it out.
Old 12-13-2003 | 09:22 PM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by bags533
Where in the FU%$ is Joint connector F107 located?
You're right, that diagram is confusing. However, F107 is near F101, which is the ECM harness. So, I'd assume its in behind the radio.

The car is running. I had the fuel lines reversed. Shot in some sarting fluid and crunk right up.
Congrats.

Also, while in cold start mode the car idles decent. Comes out of clod start, after it has warmed up, and the idle goes to hell. I also have a vaccum lek. I am seeing 10 HG in vaccum.
I would assume the bad idle is because of the vaccum leak...but I'm sure you knew that.

After warm up it goes away and @ 1000-1200 RPM the EGT is close to 400 C. It WAS NEVER that high beofre the motor swap.

It would not get above 300 C.

SO I AM RUNNIGN LEAN. I am trying to figure out if it is the MAF or Vaccum leak or both.
400C=752F. that doesn't sound unreasonable. Hell, at idle I'm around 700F. Maybe you were too rich before?
Old 12-14-2003 | 11:41 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by ejj
You're right, that diagram is confusing. However, F107 is near F101, which is the ECM harness. So, I'd assume its in behind the radio.

Congrats.

I would assume the bad idle is because of the vaccum leak...but I'm sure you knew that.

400C=752F. that doesn't sound unreasonable. Hell, at idle I'm around 700F. Maybe you were too rich before?

Thanks man.. I could not figure that out

Maybe your right about the richness

and BTW I have another thread for you now
Old 12-14-2003 | 12:39 PM
Kevlo for President

i think you need to do the "maf ground mod" it "regrounds" the current wire. u splice into hte current ground wire and add a wire that is connected to a good ground i believe. search for more info