General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Vids and Pics from Street Races/Meet on Friday(03/02)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2001, 09:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i just got back from waco for a conference so i'm a little late posting the stuff from friday. anyway, there were alot of cars that showed up: four maximas(paul, yj, his friend's, and mine), a 3000gt vr4, mustang GT, LS1 SS, two LT1 formulas, impreza 2.5rs awd, NA 300Z, an extreme, and some others i don't remember... however, mr. LS1 decided to leave for some reason. here's the link to the directory of pics:
http://www.geocities.com/sx7r/car/0302pics/

ok, now for the videos. NOTE: you have to turn up the brightness and contrast on the MPEG player you are using otherwise all you'll see are headlights/tailights and not the actual cars. FYI, these races happened in chronological order.

the first one is just my gf filming a group of cars driving to the race spot. paul's in front of me, impreza is beside him, and eclispe is beside impreza. next to me is the vr4 and next to that is mustang gt.
http://www.n-bone.com/sx7r/0302/carsdriving.MPG

this next one is me following a race between the vr4, eclipse, and impreza. i'm not on the bottle at this point, just follwing.
http://www.n-bone.com/sx7r/0302/vr4VSgsVSrs25.MPG

the third is a race between the GT, vr4, and me(right lane). my bottle pressure is at 800psi at the time. the GT is so slow it's only in the video for 1 second in the very beginning before i pass him. needless to say the vr4 gets me out of the hole, but i catch up.
http://www.n-bone.com/sx7r/0302/vr4vsSX7R.MPG

this next race is between me and the first LT1 formula(96). alright, now my bottle pressure is even lower, cuz not enough time has elasped for the bottle heater to do any good. so i'm not exactly smoking this guy, just walking away.
http://www.n-bone.com/sx7r/0302/96formulaVSsx7r.MPG

this race is between me, the other LT1 formula, and i think Paul is on the otherside of him. well, by now i'm just BARELY creeping on him before i slow down(see cop in distance), cuz of bottle pressure.
http://www.n-bone.com/sx7r/0302/95formulaVSsx7r2.MPG

ok, now for the last video... after that round of street races we went back to the coffee shop and this indian kid(looks like he just turned 16) in an SI comes up and says he wants to race someone, anyone. we point at the parking lot and said "pick one." well, it turns out that the impreza is selected to race him. i hop in the car with him to film and you can see the results for yourself. pay attention to what i say near the end of the video and you'll see why that was the last race of the night. i'm just going to leave it at that. =Þ
http://www.n-bone.com/sx7r/0302/rs25vsSI.MPG

enjoy.. more next time.

[Edited by sx7r on 03-05-2001 at 09:52 AM]
Old 03-04-2001, 09:50 PM

can't beleive you got a pic of the old green clunker and not my max
mwhahaha
its ok
good job!
i have to get my videos up now
Old 03-04-2001, 09:55 PM

OH!!!
BTW
the videos i have are when i am right behind you and got reall good pics of the races.
Man can't wait till i edit and post them
i think you will like.

cause they are funny from where i got to see them
also i got a good one of the xtreme whoopin the imprezza
Old 03-04-2001, 10:05 PM

Originally posted by yongjun
OH!!!
BTW
the videos i have are when i am right behind you and got reall good pics of the races.
Man can't wait till i edit and post them
i think you will like.

cause they are funny from where i got to see them
also i got a good one of the xtreme whoopin the imprezza
coo... i wanna see those
Old 03-04-2001, 10:17 PM

first of all....what a disgrace to the indians was that SI kid. i hope that fool learned something. anyways, i remember someone asking where u guys were from and where u raced...im from plano (north dallas) and haven't found much luck street racing in plano. i go to school in sherman and am always gettin mah *** thrown around among the Camaro Z28's, LS1's, SS's and Mustang GT's, Cobra's...u get the picture. well actually u mite not get the picture since it seems u guys can keep, if not, walk with those cars...but with my auto i can't. where u guys at and where do u guys usually race at?? my aol sn is versachin...so if u see me online anytime holla. once again nice videos and i await many more road kills(unfortunately in sherman i'll be watching roadkills rather than roadkilling anbody). thanks fellas.

sachin
Old 03-04-2001, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by sachin98max
first of all....what a disgrace to the indians was that SI kid. i hope that fool learned something. anyways, i remember someone asking where u guys were from and where u raced...im from plano (north dallas) and haven't found much luck street racing in plano. i go to school in sherman and am always gettin mah *** thrown around among the Camaro Z28's, LS1's, SS's and Mustang GT's, Cobra's...u get the picture. well actually u mite not get the picture since it seems u guys can keep, if not, walk with those cars...but with my auto i can't. where u guys at and where do u guys usually race at?? my aol sn is versachin...so if u see me online anytime holla. once again nice videos and i await many more road kills(unfortunately in sherman i'll be watching roadkills rather than roadkilling anbody). thanks fellas.

sachin
hey dude get on aim
Old 03-04-2001, 10:41 PM

Originally posted by sachin98max

sachin
we are all over richardson, garland, and plano. friday nights, there are races at park and coit around 10pm. there's a coffee shop there. and then after 12am we go to dallas street races(royal ln, northwest)hey, what color is your max? i might have seen you somewhere before.
Old 03-05-2001, 01:22 AM

hey sx7r -

i've got a superblack maxima GLE....not around plano all that much during the school year..but always around during the summer time and breaks. i'll be in town all next week for spring break, maybe we can hook-up then. im thinkin bout doing the NOS set-up but im not to familiar with it..maybe we can talk sometime bout it. shoot me an email sometime at scpatel@austinc.edu

sachin
Old 03-05-2001, 01:22 AM

hey sx7r -

i've got a superblack maxima GLE....not around plano all that much during the school year..but always around during the summer time and breaks. i'll be in town all next week for spring break, maybe we can hook-up then. im thinkin bout doing the NOS set-up but im not to familiar with it..maybe we can talk sometime bout it. shoot me an email sometime at scpatel@austinc.edu
i mite try drivin by the coffee shop next friday if i get back into town, it's that one in the complex as that dollar theater right??

sachin
Old 03-05-2001, 05:29 AM

Hey, why can't I view the videos? I get an error message stating that I don't have permission to view it?
Old 03-05-2001, 05:49 AM
Administrator

hey sx7r

http://www.n-bone.com/sx7r/0302/

go to sx7r directory and %chmod 755 0302 directory pwease pwease pwease... i am thirsting for videos...
Old 03-05-2001, 06:10 AM

I tried looking at the vids and the site won't let me view them.

Maybe your host shut it down due to high bandwidth.
Old 03-05-2001, 07:25 AM

ok... they should work now

i'm just going to serve them off my own computer via ftp. i dunno how effective or reliable this is going to be though. we'll see how it goes.
Old 03-05-2001, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Re: ok... they should work now

yup they work now.. thanks
Originally posted by sx7r
i'm just going to serve them off my own computer via ftp. i dunno how effective or reliable this is going to be though. we'll see how it goes.
Old 03-05-2001, 07:48 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: ok... they should work now

Works, but MADD slow...

/aac
Old 03-05-2001, 07:55 AM

Re: Re: ok... they should work now

Originally posted by acitrano
Works, but MADD slow...

/aac
hmm... you're right... well the n-bone server works again so they are going to be off that now.
Old 03-05-2001, 07:55 AM

Re: Re: ok... they should work now

hey thomas give the videos to me and i will serve them for ya
Old 03-05-2001, 08:05 AM

Nice job!!!

Got the .047 jet in their?

How are your EGT's and fuel pressure looking?
Old 03-05-2001, 08:19 AM

Hot isht....some good kills. Man i need a passenger that knows how to film so i can get some more vids. Keep em coming!!

Old 03-05-2001, 10:09 AM

Nice kills.. =) Love how you walked the VR4.. =) What happened with the cop? Did he stop you guys?

ZuM

i just got back from waco for a conference so i'm a little late posting the stuff from friday. anyway, there were alot of cars that showed up: four maximas(paul, yj, his friend's, and mine), a 3000gt vr4, mustang GT, LS1 SS, two LT1 formulas, impreza 2.5rs awd, NA 300Z, an extreme, and some others i don't remember... however, mr. LS1 decided to leave for some reason. here's the link to the directory of pics:
http://www.geocities.com/sx7r/car/0302pics/

ok, now for the videos. NOTE: you have to turn up the brightness and contrast on the MPEG player you are using otherwise all you'll see are headlights/tailights and not the actual cars. FYI, these races happened in chronological order.

the first one is just my gf filming a group of cars driving to the race spot. paul's in front of me, impreza is beside him, and eclispe is beside impreza. next to me is the vr4 and next to that is mustang gt.
http://www.n-bone.com/sx7r/0302/carsdriving.MPG

this next one is me following a race between the vr4, eclipse, and impreza. i'm not on the bottle at this point, just follwing.
http://www.n-bone.com/sx7r/0302/vr4VSgsVSrs25.MPG

the third is a race between the GT, vr4, and me(right lane). my bottle pressure is at 800psi at the time. the GT is so slow it's only in the video for 1 second in the very beginning before i pass him. needless to say the vr4 gets me out of the hole, but i catch up.
http://www.n-bone.com/sx7r/0302/vr4vsSX7R.MPG

this next race is between me and the first LT1 formula(96). alright, now my bottle pressure is even lower, cuz not enough time has elasped for the bottle heater to do any good. so i'm not exactly smoking this guy, just walking away.
http://www.n-bone.com/sx7r/0302/96formulaVSsx7r.MPG

this race is between me, the other LT1 formula, and i think Paul is on the otherside of him. well, by now i'm just BARELY creeping on him before i slow down(see cop in distance), cuz of bottle pressure.
http://www.n-bone.com/sx7r/0302/95formulaVSsx7r2.MPG

ok, now for the last video... after that round of street races we went back to the coffee shop and this indian kid(looks like he just turned 16) in an SI comes up and says he wants to race someone, anyone. we point at the parking lot and said "pick one." well, it turns out that the impreza is selected to race him. i hop in the car with him to film and you can see the results for yourself. pay attention to what i say near the end of the video and you'll see why that was the last race of the night. i'm just going to leave it at that. =Þ
http://www.n-bone.com/sx7r/0302/rs25vsSI.MPG

enjoy.. more next time.

[Edited by sx7r on 03-05-2001 at 09:52 AM]
Old 03-05-2001, 11:29 AM

mardigrasmax: i haven't put in the .047 jet in yet because i lost my .042 jet that i was going to use in the tee. the closest place that sells jets is out of that particular jet - lucky me. my fuel pressure is steady at 90psi. injectors are still fine - hope it stays that way.

zumble: yeah, the cop stopped us and did his job. good thing i wasn't driving.
Old 03-05-2001, 02:28 PM

i dont know whos car it is but it looks like the black

one
it has the blinker rewire however both the signal and the corner are on at the same time
how is that possible
the rewire i did was different
when i signalled it would rotate when headlights wre on
how does this one always stay one ...

thnx
cars look great!
Old 03-05-2001, 02:39 PM

Curious.. So what did he do to the driver of the Scooby? Yea, good thing you weren't driving. Also, what did the Impreza have? I saw the pics and he had intake. Thats all I could see.. how did he manage to pull that hard from the Si? Did the SI driver suck that much??

ZuM

mardigrasmax: i haven't put in the .047 jet in yet because i lost my .042 jet that i was going to use in the tee. the closest place that sells jets is out of that particular jet - lucky me. my fuel pressure is steady at 90psi. injectors are still fine - hope it stays that way.

zumble: yeah, the cop stopped us and did his job. good thing i wasn't driving.
Old 03-05-2001, 03:09 PM

i'm the one with the rewired lights. i put a dual wattage bulb and socket in each turn signal. so they are constant on and they also double as turn signals - bumper light alternates with the one beside it.

both drivers got tickets.
Old 03-05-2001, 08:09 PM
RussMaxManiac

Now u got me itching for NOS...would it work on a 2k1 5spd?

i'm the one with the rewired lights. i put a dual wattage bulb and socket in each turn signal. so they are constant on and they also double as turn signals - bumper light alternates with the one beside it.

Old 03-05-2001, 09:10 PM

Is that biege 4gen Max with Borbets Type Es, was that Andi's car?

Nice pics.
Old 03-05-2001, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Re: Is that biege 4gen Max with Borbets Type Es, was that Andi's car?

no its Paul's Car.. Paul bought it from Andi... yadda yadda yadda..
Originally posted by Dany
Nice pics.
Old 03-05-2001, 09:48 PM

TO: sx7r (off topic)

I also have dual wattage bulbs in the blinkers and they alteranate too with the bumper light, but do you ever have problems signaling when your park lights on? For some reason, at times my blinker stays lit, and won't blink for a few seconds, then it goes away, but they do blink when I turn the park lights off, but they seem to be dimmer. One time my park lights went out, I realized it was a blown fuse, but now that you have dual wattage bulbs do you need to upgrade the fuses for the turn and tail (park light) fuses? How do I get rid of the blinker/park light problem? Help me please...
Old 03-06-2001, 07:38 AM

Originally posted by Russ2kSE
[I]Now u got me itching for NOS...would it work on a 2k1 5spd?
Sure it will work! Go for it!!