General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Cattman Ypipe GD

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 03:53 PM

We need 3 more people for the CM Ypipe deal COME ON GUYS!!!

CM Ypipe for the price of a stillen

[Edited by Pmp-n8a on 03-05-2001 at 08:25 PM]
Old 03-05-2001, 05:01 PM
ajaffee

Originally posted by Pmp-n8a
We need 3 more people for the CM Ypipe deal COME ONE GUYS!!!

CM Ypipe for the price of a stillen
If this is for the 4th gen ss pipe, then I'm in. I have a 97 GXE and would love to have that pipe.

Old 03-05-2001, 06:30 PM

ajafee send an email to shane@thrill-factory.com to let him know you're in
Old 03-05-2001, 07:31 PM

i think i'm in too

yea...i want y-pipe and CAI if both go through
Old 03-05-2001, 07:45 PM

I think I'm in too

We have until the 19th right?
Old 03-05-2001, 07:58 PM

Email

shane@thrill-factory.com

if you're in

$350
Old 03-05-2001, 11:15 PM

Why don't they ever have these when I need things!
Old 03-06-2001, 05:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Who is this deal through?
I just email Brian Catts himself last week and he said that he couldn't do a group deal right now, so how are you able to get these prices?

"Bryan,

not a bad idea in concept, but the timing isn't quite right. I can't do anything too ambitious or time-intensive on top of what I've got going right now because I'm going to be out of the country for a while in a month, and my production capacity is tied up with some other things
right now.
I'm also coming out next week with the world's only supercharger-tuned Y-pipe for the Maxima/I30, another Cattman Performance first. These will be in stainless, of course, with a 3" pipe going back from the 2-1 racing
collector, and including the Cattman-exclusive non-hissing "quiet flex" section in a 3" ID size.

Sorry to turn you down on this specific proposal...more information will be available soon.

Brian C. Catts
Cattman Performance"
Old 03-06-2001, 07:02 AM
ajaffee

Originally posted by breaux124
I just email Brian Catts himself last week and he said that he couldn't do a group deal right now, so how are you able to get these prices?

"Bryan,

not a bad idea in concept, but the timing isn't quite right. I can't do anything too ambitious or time-intensive on top of what I've got going right now because I'm going to be out of the country for a while in a month, and my production capacity is tied up with some other things
right now.
I'm also coming out next week with the world's only supercharger-tuned Y-pipe for the Maxima/I30, another Cattman Performance first. These will be in stainless, of course, with a 3" pipe going back from the 2-1 racing
collector, and including the Cattman-exclusive non-hissing "quiet flex" section in a 3" ID size.

Sorry to turn you down on this specific proposal...more information will be available soon.

Brian C. Catts
Cattman Performance"
Breaux124 - Good question. I didn't think anout checking with Brian Catts.

Pmp-n8a - I'd like to see the answer before I commit my money.

Old 03-06-2001, 07:37 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Check the GD Forum for more details under the Cattman Group Deals.
Old 03-06-2001, 09:47 AM
RussMaxManiac

Is it me or does it seem Cattman is copying other peoples products? STB was Courtesys, now the SC ypipe, that Warpspeed made and designed, cattman now decided ALL of a sudden he was gonna make one just like it. Hmm kinda weird.

Originally posted by breaux124

"Bryan,

right now.

Brian C. Catts
Cattman Performance"

Old 03-06-2001, 11:06 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Well.....

Originally posted by Russ2kSE

Is it me or does it seem Cattman is copying other peoples products?

It's just you. Whoever gets to market first usually wins, which looks to be Warpspeed when it comes to the S/C pipe. I think they are going gold with that one a little sooner than Cattman.

None of us are able to get into Brian's head to know if the idea was sparked by himself, mentioned/suggested to him, or copied through FBI Spy Satellites of Warpspeed's Design Center.

STB was Courtesys

I thought STB was Stillen's originally, with a cheaper version of it through Courtesy, but I claim ignorance here.

, now the SC ypipe, that Warpspeed made and designed,

So you are insinuating that Cattman copied the Warpspeed Design? If so, then he has a hell of a team to tool a new part together and test it in probably a third of the time that Warpspeed did it in. That doesn't make business/manufacturing sense. It appears to me that both are working feverishly at the same time to give us a great part. That means both are good guys and we (the consumers) win.....

cattman now decided ALL of a sudden he was gonna make one just like it.

It is logistically impossible to ALL of a sudden throw a decent product out the door. If he's doing this, we'll catch on and he will be out of business.

His reputation just does not revolve around making crap (of course, the 3rd gen VG/VE y-pipes are a noticeable black eye as are the unlined flex sections).

As far as the overall tone of the post that indicates Cattman is just copying other products......I'm still waiting on those Courtesy/Stillen/Warpspeed coilovers.....

Hmm kinda weird.

Not really. Two companies vying for the same market with a similar product is called capitalism.

Old 03-06-2001, 07:15 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

New group deal

How would all you guys like to save another $50-60 bucks. I just set up a group deal with warpspeed for SS y-pipes for any 3rd or 4th gen maxima. Check out the thread, lets get the 10 buyers we need for the higher level discount.
<ahref="https://maxima.org/forums/showthread.phtml?threadid=26689">Group deal<a/>
________
Medical Cannabis Seeds

Last edited by dmbmaxima2k2; 09-04-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2001, 07:50 PM

WarpSpeed Y- pipe flex section

BTW reading the above posts remined me of a recent conversation with Dallas regarding the new (lined) flex sections. He told me that when he looked at them, he thought they looked restrictive. We feel that until proven to have equal or greater flow WarpSpeed will not be putting them on our y-pipes. Next week we will actually do a flow test with head to head comparison, and then we will post the results. If they pan out they may be a welcome change. We promise to keep you updated.

Dan WSP