General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.
View Poll Results: WHY DID YOU GET THE MAX
ALWAYS WANTED ONE
24.11%
BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK
38.84%
NEEDED A CAR FAST DIDNT MATTER WHAT
4.02%
HAND ME DOWN
12.05%
CAR I REALY WANTED WAS TO MUCH $$$$$$
9.82%
OTHER EXPLAIN
11.16%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

*poll* WHY DO YOU OWN A MAXIMA

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 04:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

because there is no accord.org
Old 03-03-2004, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Eric425
Because I'm dumb. I'm a young guy, don't need the space, but I saw the stock HP/weight rating and the reliability ratings, and thought they were impressive. By the time I figured that there's more to a car than just stock hp ratings, it was too late. Potential is more important. I should've bought a turbo awd DSM. I could be running 12s now instead of driving a slow, NA FWD car. It's alright. At least it's reliable. I still like it.
Should have bought that Lambo or Ferrari! LOL
Old 03-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by asu174
Where's the poll?

Anyhow, I like 4 door cars. I like sports cars. I put the two together and I had my answer. There aren't too many peppy manual tranny 4 door cars out there under $20,000.
same!!!!!
and you never really see a hooked up maxima in the same area...
always hondas and other riced out cars!
i wish i had a 6 speed maxima...owell 5 speed maxima will do
Old 03-03-2004, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by JettmiesterMax
Should have bought that Lambo or Ferrari! LOL
What are you talking about? You're comparing talons/eclipses/lasers to expensive euro supercars? You didn't even know what a DSM was, do you? What a moron.... Shut the hell up if you don't know what you're talking about..
Old 03-03-2004, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Eric425
What are you talking about? You're comparing talons/eclipses/lasers to expensive euro supercars? You didn't even know what a DSM was, do you? What a moron.... Shut the hell up if you don't know what you're talking about..

*Test of a 1999 Eclipse GS-T: The standing quarter-mile is covered in just over 15 seconds and 100 mph is reached in 18.5 seconds.

Awww..someone step on your toes? Such a rude post. Calm down. 12s are common for Lambos, Ferraris and such, exotics, not for DSM. A few friends of mine own DSM products. Oh, I'm sorry, I don't know what I'm talking about...
Old 03-03-2004, 06:08 PM

One seat for me and 3 more for the girls.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by JettmiesterMax
Awww..someone step on your toes? Such a rude post. Calm down. 12s are common for Lambos, Ferraris and such. Exotics. A few friends of mine own DSM products. Oh, I'm sorry, I don't know what I'm talking about...
Not all are the same. It's like a guy saying Nissans are slow because some of his friends drive slow nissans. There's fast ones too. Just cause your friend can't run 12's doesn't mean most can't. What do they drive?

You think only exotics can run 12's regularly? Stock, there aren't that many cars running 12's, but Maximas aren't the only cars in the world that have aftermarket parts available. There's tons of cars that can do so easily with mods. 12s aren't that fast. 12's only seem fast because we are a maxima forum.... for many sports cars, it's not a huge deal. Look at the list of track times from Dsmtimes.org. Just from the AWD, http://www.dsmtimes.org/awd.htm, out of 535 track times, 350 ran 12's or better. And that list isn't even a list of the fastest runs, either. There's even 16's on the list.
If you look at the list of the fastest, there are cars running 7s, with trap speeds over 170 mph. The top 10 have nothing slower than mid 9s. Yeah, the cars don't run 12's stock, but they've probably got more modding potential for the buck than any other car out there.

You're the guy who started it with the sarcastic comments. Which you're still doing. You act like an a sshole, people are going to treat you like an a sshole.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:34 PM

Quote: "You're the guy who started it with the sarcastic comments. Which you're still doing. You act like an a sshole, people are going to treat you like an a sshole."

Okay, you need to reflect back and look who did the direct name calling and such. Please grow up and have some FUN. That is all I was doing. I f you want to revert to name calling, go back to school.

12's are simply most common in that league of automobiles. That is all my post was saying. Then you go and get your panties ruffled.

I agree DSM can be modded, any car can. All DSM owners I know wish for something else.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:43 PM

my nissan is slow. it only ran a 12.6@118 on 15 psi. i plan on running about a 11.4@130 @ 22 psi, if i can just get a clean run in. damned rain keeps me away from the track.

damned slow nissans.

Old 03-03-2004, 06:46 PM

I see you edited your post with a useless test from an unnamed source... yeah, I know these cars don't run 12s STOCK. Didn't you read my first post before shooting your mouth off? I said there's more to a car than STOCK RATINGS, MODDING POTENTIAL IS A FACTOR TOO! Did you think nobody makes aftermarket parts for DSMs? The aftermarket modding potential is huge for an AWD turbo car. Bigger turbo+boost controller, fuel pump, injectors, IC, other supporting mods etc, and tuning, and these cars are putting down over 400 AWHP. They're widely acknowledged to have likely the best modding potential of any car around. 12s are common for modded turbo/awd dsms. And you listed the track time for a stock GST? That's not even the car I was talking about. It's a FWD. Man, you're dumb. I am genuinely amazed. It's amazing that you can drive. It's amazing that you have a car. You obviously don't have the intelligence to get a good job to buy one...You must have gotten hit by a bus or something, and are living off the settlement from the bus company, right? You a hooker or something? Otherwise, you seem like the type who'd be living in an cardbox hut by the dumpster and eating garbage.

* Alright, this was a little rough. Sorry. But my original comment was about wishing I'd started with a different car, but with no regrets. That's it. Then you do the nutkick and make sarcastic comments. I got insulted, and did name calling. That was gay too. Let's just drop it now.
Old 03-06-2004, 06:42 PM

wow havent been herein a while keep it coming