General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Deadly Accident from a 96 maxima at Orlando,FL

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by GreekMaxima
Antagonist, on this race the road was wet...
Old 02-12-2004, 08:21 AM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by Magellan
Now if we could only refute that other misguided argument: “There will always be street racing, so why attempt to do anything about it?”
understand I'm agreeing with you here, but I'd reply "there will always be AIDS, so why attempt to do anything about it?"

We DONT have a track in CT
so that makes it ok?
dont worry i trust my self
I'll stop talking with you about this...this statement alone shows how dumb street racers are.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Antagonist

I saw that lat night on smallville. I hate when hollywood trys to impersonate streetracers/track racers. They give them the ungliest cars.... and it makes us look bad... Mustang with a bunch of neons...... Krypotinite nitrous.. hehe riight
Old 02-12-2004, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by image
I saw that lat night on smallville. I hate when hollywood trys to impersonate streetracers/track racers. They give them the ungliest cars.... and it makes us look bad... Mustang with a bunch of neons...... Krypotinite nitrous.. hehe riight
You're talking about a show where the lead character can see through walls, bend steel with his hands, cook an egg with his vision, listen to conversations a block away and run faster than a bullet.

Don't you just hate it when TV shows try too hard to impersonate farm boys from Kansas?
Old 02-12-2004, 12:06 PM

For the most part, you all make valid arguments. However, like alcohol consumption a person just needs to know when to say enough.

I've run people on the highway but as quick as I am to run, I'm just as quick to call it quits (win or lose).
Old 02-12-2004, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by F23A4
For the most part, you all make valid arguments. However, like alcohol consumption a person just needs to know when to say enough.

I've run people on the highway but as quick as I am to run, I'm just as quick to call it quits (win or lose).
"I'm just as quick to call it quits (win or lose)"

exactly...
Old 02-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by maximum810
The story writer needs to check their grammar.

I cant stand ppl like this.

A tragic story of death happens and we need to check for grammar? Anyways, two ppl are dead through their mistakes. Although its their fault for racing like that, everyone makes mistakes. unfortunately this was a deadly one.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by chillinmax
I cant stand ppl like this.

A tragic story of death happens and we need to check for grammar? Anyways, two ppl are dead through their mistakes. Although its their fault for racing like that, everyone makes mistakes. unfortunately this was a deadly one.

First off....wah....2nd...don't get me started in accidents that involve death. People need to realize that nothing is fail-safe, and **** happens. And another thing...media likes to jump to conclusions and make up BS just to get people rowded up about it (as you see). You're not even sure if that's what really happened. That's why I don't listen to what the media has to say, and that's why I pick on their grammar.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:50 PM
It's chrome alright...

that's why I pick on their grammar.
The story writer needs to check their grammar.
glass house... stone... get my point??

If you're going to go after grammar you should be sure to use the language correctly yourself
Old 02-12-2004, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2k2wannabe
glass house... stone... get my point??

If you're going to go after grammar you should be sure to use the language correctly yourself
The rule doesn't apply to me....I'm not the one getting paid to compose literature that would cause such a commotion. ....besides.. I didn't know whether it's a him or her writing, so I just put "their".
Old 02-12-2004, 02:08 PM
It's chrome alright...

The rule doesn't apply to me....I'm not the one getting paid to compose literature that would cause such a commotion. ....besides.. I didn't know whether it's a him or her writing, so I just put "their".
If unsure, "his" is the proper pronoun.

"The story writer needs to check his grammar."

Pronouns must agree with their antecedents. Pronouns agree with their antecedents when they match in both number and gender.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:50 PM
wants the ads to die

Thats horrible news. All my life I have been surrounded by sporty cars and fast driving. My dad would at least get going 100 on the highway when I would go to and from my grandparents which was practically daily. Once The Fast And The Furious came out, I just went insane with cars and racing, although it looked kind of cool on MTV's True Life: I'm a Street Racer, I wouldn't have the ***** to street race unless it was just like that: a spot thats well looked at for any sort of hazards and minimal to preferibly no one in sight. But since I'm only 16, and just learning to drive, I'll stick to the track before I go do **** like that. My condolences to the parents, it is incredibly hard to do anything at all when that close of a family member dies.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:16 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

A parents nightmare, the lost of a child. My prayers to the families. All we can do is educate our youth and hope for the best. We make a lot of bad decisions when young; matter a fact we often do the same when older and supposely wiser. Trust me I know. Unfortunately, the reality of these actions only surface if something bad happens or we look back at them later in life...

Pedro
Old 02-14-2004, 09:40 PM
Always sunny in philly

First off....wah....2nd...don't get me started in accidents that involve death. People need to realize that nothing is fail-safe, and **** happens. And another thing...media likes to jump to conclusions and make up BS just to get people rowded up about it (as you see). You're not even sure if that's what really happened. That's why I don't listen to what the media has to say, and that's why I pick on their grammar.

There is sympathy for fatal mistakes such as this. Whether or not this was bullshi.t made up, you sympthasize(sp) for those related to the victims. This also shows that illegal street racing is very dangerous.

Then an idiot like you comes in and complains about grammar. How would you feel if you were a family member and i decided to criticize about your writing.

Nothing is fail safe, but people's lives shouldn't be forfeited because of it. If you're ever part of something tragic like this, we'll see how you feel.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:13 PM

what is this pike video and is there a link to it?
Old 02-15-2004, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by chillinmax
There is sympathy for fatal mistakes such as this. Whether or not this was bullshi.t made up, you sympthasize(sp) for those related to the victims. This also shows that illegal street racing is very dangerous.

Nothing is fail safe, but people's lives shouldn't be forfeited because of it. If you're ever part of something tragic like this, we'll see how you feel.

Okay, here we go. You don't know what really happened. The media glamourizes everything so people like you could play emotional hero about what's right and wrong. I HAVE been in a similar situation like that, and the media blew everything out of proportion because it was at the wrong place at the worst time. I know people love to hide behind the computer, so I don't go name calling. I shouldn't even give you the benefit of responding to your post. Any accident where you've seen someone die will change your life forever...racing or not. No doubt do I feel remorse for everyone's tragedy, but most people don't want to beat around the dead horse over it...they move on and try to better themselves from it. Now get off my nuts.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Always sunny in philly

"The story writer needs to check their grammar."

and....

"No doubt do I feel remorse for everyone's tragedy"

I'm done.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Deagle
Thats horrible news. All my life I have been surrounded by sporty cars and fast driving. My dad would at least get going 100 on the highway when I would go to and from my grandparents which was practically daily. Once The Fast And The Furious came out, I just went insane with cars and racing, although it looked kind of cool on MTV's True Life: I'm a Street Racer, I wouldn't have the ***** to street race unless it was just like that: a spot thats well looked at for any sort of hazards and minimal to preferibly no one in sight. But since I'm only 16, and just learning to drive, I'll stick to the track before I go do **** like that. My condolences to the parents, it is incredibly hard to do anything at all when that close of a family member dies.
My 13 y/o son already knows that he WILL NOT be driving any of our cars without me OR my wife riding with him. Dating instances included. The only exception I may make is at the drag strip (Etown).
Old 02-17-2004, 01:14 PM

damn some protective *** parents. your kids are going to go into college getting all kinds of piercings and tattoos and rebelling because you were to hard on them. I see it happen to friends and people from High School everyday. Lighten up... (Im not going to tell you howto raise your kid, Im just throwing in my 2 cents)
Old 02-17-2004, 01:24 PM

My parents have always let me do almost anything I wanted and I'm a firm believer in that. Its been proven time and time again that being overprotective is not healthy (No, the excuse that you love them just won't cut it). You can only teach them right and wrong and hope they understand but riding with them on dates and anywhere they go is just a the wrong approach and I suggest you re-think that so, when your child finnaly drives alone they won't go crazy and push the pedal to the medal due to all the stress and surpressed rage you caused by being there ALL THE TIME. Anyway, I think were going off track here and I feel a lock is coming.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:29 PM

haha me too. Amen. Well put.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:30 AM

Amen!

Originally Posted by 2k2kev
call me cold, but other than a '96 maxima was mentioned in the article, why should I care about this?

Apparently the driver did it of his own free will. Apparently the passengers at best allowed it or at worst encouraged it. And apparently there is one less dumbass street racer to possibly kill my family or me when I'm in that area.

I do feel bad for the families because they're going to suffer, but what makes this newsworthy?
AMEN TO THAT. ONE IDIOT "WHO DOESNT RRREALLLY KNOWS HOW TO RACE" OFF THE PLANET
Old 06-21-2007, 11:28 AM

Way to bring a 3 year old post back from the dead........
Old 06-21-2007, 05:58 PM

you can do "unprotected sex" if you know the girl VERY WELL... its the same, if you know the street and if you know how to race you will be safe!!!
Yep, you're 100% correct. Knowing the girl makes all those microscopic, dormant STDS magically go away. And knowing the street makes it absolutely impossible to lose control
Old 06-21-2007, 09:14 PM

"RIALTO, Calif. - Charles Hoang winced when the whoosh went out of the tires. Daniel Maldonado took pictures with a digital camera as glass exploded and rained down to the ground.

The cars the teens had so meticulously souped up and tricked out were crushed Wednesday as part of a crackdown on illegal street racing in Southern California
That's my heart, my dream," said Hoang, 18, of Chino, who was surrounded by friends as his 1998 Acura Integra was put into a compactor. "That's my girlfriend, the love of my life. The cops can crush my car, but they can't crush my memories."

Authorities destroyed six vehicles Wednesday at an auto graveyard, hoping would-be racers think again after looking at the mashed machines. Illegal street racing is responsible for or suspected in 13 deaths in Southern California since March"

Theres just some of it. They crushed cars because of the racing. Heres the link. Also has a video of it too..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070620/...ushed_hot_rods
Old 06-21-2007, 09:30 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

Originally Posted by carlmax5
AMEN TO THAT. ONE IDIOT "WHO DOESNT RRREALLLY KNOWS HOW TO RACE" OFF THE PLANET
Are you really that stupid? You brought a 3 year old thread back to say some stupid **** like that?
You seem like a candidate to be the next "ONE IDIOT WHO DOESNT RRREALLLY KNOWS HOW TO RACE" to be voted off our planet
Old 06-21-2007, 09:40 PM

Clearly the level of education of the .org members has declined.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yes but at least a few more atrocious honda's are where they belong.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Bad *** Newb

maybe i shouldn't stand so close to the road when watching races (right by the white line)? Lol, not a chance, it's fun and that's why we do it (racing and watching). Boohoo, they died

Everyone in this particular accident was a willing participant. No harm was done to any party unaffiliated with these kids. No one should care and get over it.

I'm an idiot. !