General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Here's one for Ya...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2001, 07:10 PM

Iwas wanting a little info on sound deaden materials. I know that Dynomat is some of the best as well as Rynoliner. Since both are kinda costly I was wondering if anyone has ever used rubber undercoating from the can? A can cost about $4.00. So just give me your thoughts.
Thnks
Todd
Old 03-10-2001, 09:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you found the right guy. i did my entire car with hi-temp mastic and it was cost effective. just visit my webpage.
Old 03-10-2001, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by SWEETSOUND2001
you found the right guy. i did my entire car with hi-temp mastic and it was cost effective. just visit my webpage.
Well I checked out the page it looked awesome, I liked the box that you had builted for the trunk. Well, let's talked about sound deaden ,you said that you did your whole car. I was going to start with the wheel wells and then move to the doors,after that I will do the floor board. The roof will be another story, not sure if I am going to do that for sure. So what do you think about the rubber undercoating. I am looking for a cost efficient way of doing it. You used a high temp mastic. What is this called,and where can I buy it? Holler at me.
Master, so the student can become the teacher.

I am using an Esclipe head unitwith a 4 channle Esclipe amp on stock speakers. I will be buying Focal coaxil's in the doors and rear deck. Not sure o the subs. What do you think?

Old 03-10-2001, 10:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaxTod
Well I checked out the page it looked awesome, I liked the box that you had builted for the trunk. Well, let's talked about sound deaden ,you said that you did your whole car. I was going to start with the wheel wells and then move to the doors,after that I will do the floor board. The roof will be another story, not sure if I am going to do that for sure. So what do you think about the rubber undercoating. I am looking for a cost efficient way of doing it. You used a high temp mastic. What is this called,and where can I buy it? Holler at me.
Master, so the student can become the teacher.
[/I]
i have not done wheels wells yet. but its gonna cost me $250 to have the whole underbody of the car sprayed with think rubber undercoat that kills road noise very effectively. to me its worth the $. to answer your question about hi-temp mastic..well i guess you just have to go back to my page again and maybe read the text this time...all the necessary info is there. The info is on page 3
Old 03-11-2001, 08:41 AM

The rubberized undercoating is just about the samething as dynamat just without the costly name. I used both in my car and it works great.
1995 GXE 1st Place NOPI Nationals 2000
Skyline conversion?:Surprised:Stay Tuned!