General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Front Rotors Bad? Just Changed Them!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 12:52 AM

Front Rotors Bad? Just Changed Them!

I changed my brake pads and resurfaced my rotors in september 2003. I noticed it looks like some rust in the 2 front rotors, not sure could be just dirty. Also when i brake farely hard at high speeds the front starts to shake and wobble. I drove about 6k miles since i changed them, normal driving conditions. My pads are really new & so is the resurfacing of rotors.
-What do you think went wrong.
-Should I get them resurfaced again or should i buy new rotors or pads maybe?
-Do you think my rotors are gone...65k total miles.
-Any of you guys resurface rotors...how do they usually last?

HELP! THANKS
Old 02-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

Originally Posted by FusionAcid
I changed my brake pads and resurfaced my rotors in september 2003. I noticed it looks like some rust in the 2 front rotors, not sure could be just dirty. Also when i brake farely hard at high speeds the front starts to shake and wobble. I drove about 6k miles since i changed them, normal driving conditions. My pads are really new & so is the resurfacing of rotors.
-What do you think went wrong.
-Should I get them resurfaced again or should i buy new rotors or pads maybe?
-Do you think my rotors are gone...65k total miles.
-Any of you guys resurface rotors...how do they usually last?

HELP! THANKS
A rotor being resurfacable is dependant on the thickness of the rotor. I'm in the same boat as you are. I recently turned my rotors and installed new pads, a few thousand miles later I'm starting to experience that wobble again. Before I turned my rotors they were extremely warp and I was surprise I was able to get them true. With it being so warp it took a lot to true them out, even though my final thickness was still within min tolerance I do believe my rotors currently need replacement. Here's a pic of my rotors before and after they were turned