General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

who knows about circuit boards? need help on a cool new mod!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Custom User Title...

who knows about circuit boards? need help on a cool new mod!

well, i had been thinking of this mod for a while because i have an extra driver's control with the window switches and yesterday i stumbled upon this altimas.net mod: http://www.nissantalk.com/forum/show...threadid=75820

so, i took one of the pegs out of the spare one, put it in mine, shaved the nub, and reinstalled. it still won't work though

if you're not following me, know how we have that one touch window down? well, the circuit board is ready to have one touch up as well. my problem now is that the board itself isn't recognizing the button touching it for some reason. does anyone know how i can go about testing it or fixing this??

i'll add pics in a few moments...

anyone have any ideas or am i still too vague and need pics to better explain?? thanks guys

*edit - found another link: http://www.nissantalk.com/forum/show...threadid=77026
Old 02-29-2004, 12:55 PM

interesting.. so i guess it didnt work???

not sure how to help ya tho...

blake
Old 02-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

interesting articles, I'd never seen that before

I went out and took a look at the unit in my car (3rd gen but similar). It does have the circuitry for auto down AND auto up. The problem is that the button wont go up (easy to fix like Altima guys did) but also on the PCB itself, there aren't any contacts where that switch would push. I tested it with some spare wire in the vias near where the contact pads should be and manually made it "switch" and the window went up. That's pretty cool. Now you need a way to make the pads on that spot conductive. What I'll probably do is use an exacto to scrape some of the upper layer off of the contacts and then throw some solder on there to make it a little bit raised. That should work. If you dont really know what I'm talking about, dont worry. I'll take some pics and stuff when I do it (probably tonight or tomorrow since I dont have my tools with me now).
Old 02-29-2004, 05:41 PM

I took mine apart before and discovered that we have 1 nub that doesnt function, it just sits there since there isnt a circuitboard contact for that nub, its just a free floating nub