General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

urethane motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 04:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

the mounts are in. now the engine is tight big time. all i can say is, wewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Old 03-13-2001, 05:13 PM

can you explain what you mean by 'its tight'?

also why would you need to replace the motor mounts? Doesnt the Maxima have the liquid motor mounts and 'stiffen' up when the motor is in the high RPM range?

Atleast is says something to that effect on my '99 Maxima brochure. It's standard on GLE and optional on SE.
Old 03-13-2001, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Read his sig..

with that much power he is probably having little traction and lots of wheel hop.. the motor mounts will help decrease that.. that and also a VLSD Tranny or a LSD add on will fix that problem...
Originally posted by mAdD MAX
can you explain what you mean by 'its tight'?

also why would you need to replace the motor mounts? Doesnt the Maxima have the liquid motor mounts and 'stiffen' up when the motor is in the high RPM range?

Atleast is says something to that effect on my '99 Maxima brochure. It's standard on GLE and optional on SE.
Old 03-13-2001, 05:35 PM

mounts

with the stock mounts, the engine wanted to come through the hood. they were rubber not liquid. these mounts tame the shrew. ha. they are unbelievable!
Old 03-13-2001, 05:44 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

How is the noise compared to stock

what about vibration at low/high speeds?
Old 03-13-2001, 06:27 PM

reply to noise

there is no noise and little vibration when idling. nothing to scream about. it feels like a muscle car. ha. i will drive some more tomorrow and tell you about the ride. wheel hop is a thing of the past. and launching with the one side metal clutch is like silk. no more chattter. i can imagine going in a straight line. real speed shifting.ha, man these things are like a prayer answered. you have this powerful engine, and the clutch slips, so you get a clutch that won't slip, now the wheels spin and hop, so you get urethane motor mounts and no more hop, and everything is ahhhh, this is the ticket. yea. man oh man. expressions.? i am thankful to cattman for these. they are made by place racing.
Old 03-13-2001, 08:09 PM

do you proffesionally race your Maxima? just wondering cause you have those stickers on the side.

Your car looks tight though...good job!

and a 13.3s in the 1/4?? Damn...Z28s must be scared of you!

How much horsepower are you putting down to the wheels?
Old 03-13-2001, 10:43 PM

Sounds like a winner alright. My home made solid motor strap was aweful. Transmitted vibration at idle like CRAZY. So I took it out. Looks like it'll be even more impractical for me to get an impractical car so I might as well just keep modifying the maxima. The money I would loose by selling the max i might as well sink into a S/C, LSD, mounts, coils and clutch AND a bike :-) Sounds very good with your results. I was very skeptical at first but sounds like this is perfect alright. I'll wait until the LSD and S/C and race clutch first.
Old 03-14-2001, 03:05 PM

mounts

today i started the car up and there is a little noise and vibration when idleing. nothing to scream about, with the s/c and exhaust it is already making noise anyway. personally i love them. thanks to cattman, these are made by place racing, and i will add they were powder coated black and the urethane is clear.if i didn't say it already, well i got to go take another ride now, to get some now and laters, see ya.ha