General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Maxima got violated!!! Need advice now....

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 12:43 AM

Alright, what was going as a very good night turned very ugly. I was at the usual college night thursday night club, having a great time, getting my freaky deaky on with hot girls. I had 2 other guys with me so I wasnt by myself. At the end of the night everybody is out in the parking lot, so I do my usual parking lot DJ and most the time everybody loves it. Except tonight, some ding dong, who is obviously jealous he doesnt have a car as nice as mine decides to throw beer at my car then kick my rear end. Not only does he bust one of my outer tails (well i broke it anyway clearing it out), put a scuff on my rear bumper, he also STEALS MY SPOILER. I was about to get out and kick ***, but there was a VERY large group of people and I had no idea who's side they would be on. I shoulda backed over his sorry ***, but that woulda gotten me into more trouble then it was worth. It could have turned very very very ugly, so I decided to just drive away. I thought he tore off my bumper cover at first for the vanity tags, but that was still intact. I immediately filed a police report, and tomorow I'll claim it on insurance. Only problem was I'm a cheap skate and my deductible is $500! Dear lord. So I'm gonna make sure the insurance company is worth my while.

Not only am I claming my spoiler and the tail lights (I hope they dont say anything about them not matching... they are cleared out...), I'm also claiming that he stole my exhaust tip and put a dent in my roof. Hopefully I'll get the entire rear end repainted. And while I'm at it, maybe get an even larger spoiler then before. The Stillen SMX spoiler looks good :-)

Lesson here is, do not drive around (or in this case through) groups of people with the stereo blasting. Next time I'm gonna find my car without its stereo anymore. Its extremely tempting to "pimp" around especially in a car like ours, but look what happened to me. It coulda been alot worse.
Old 03-16-2001, 01:06 AM

That sucks

How'd he manage to steal your bumper? Personally, i think i would have loved to run his *** over.. good luck with the insurance company..

btw, whats the bose deck wanted thing in yer sig? i have one of those, i think..

so.... what advice did you need again?
Old 03-16-2001, 02:05 AM

I wouldn't do that

Insurance companies are stepping up to combat fraud these days. They're not stupid, already you're story sounds a bit hokey. You're in your car and someone is able to get a spoiler off the trunk, your bumper covers and the tail lamps while you're listening to the stereo. Then in addition they manage to take an exhaust tip and dent the roof? Why not throw in a blown motor and clutch while your at it? All joking aside the word is due diligince. The lamps and exhaust don't make common sense and will set red flags a flyin imho.
Old 03-16-2001, 03:40 AM

i am very **** about my car, i would have probably exploded and start kicking ***.
Old 03-16-2001, 03:47 AM

damn..

At least you didnt start a huge war... i feel bad for your car and all, hope it works out. Start hitting the gym alot more so when he runs up to your car you can get out and rip his arms off
Old 03-16-2001, 05:21 AM
CustomMax

Originally posted by nodoubt711
i am very **** about my car, i would have probably exploded and start kicking ***.
Hey man, i'm the same way. This guy driving a truck hit my car (about $500 in damage) the other week and I went balistic. It was a middle aged guy, 45-50, and it was just a regular accident. He had no intention of running or not claiming responsibility, and I still went nuts. My car was parked when it happen and he got out of his truck and I let my rottweiler go...He saw the dog comming and jumped back in his truck while Kash (my dog) was scraping and barking at his door. When I finally put him back in the car with the windows up he came out of his truck. It was all pretty exciting, however, if my dog would have got him, i might not have gotten paid by this guy for the damage. We ended up not going through insurance and he wrote me a check for almost 3000 dollars to cover the damage. That's when I had the lexus lights put in :smile:

...The **** just ain't worth fighting over, wait until he tries to steal your wife, then you kick ***!

-=Custom=-

Old 03-16-2001, 06:01 AM

Uh, the spoiler and taillights shouldn't be $500 unless you mean labor too. Not worth it to me.
Old 03-16-2001, 06:15 AM
CustomMax

Originally posted by medicsonic
Uh, the spoiler and taillights shouldn't be $500 unless you mean labor too. Not worth it to me.

lol...medicosonic, you need to check your price book. He had his factory spoiler stolen, why settle for a fake immitation. He wants the factory nissan spoiler...$570 just for an unpainted spoiler, without installation. As far as the tailights are concerned I do not have an exact price but I am sure they will be over $200 for the set. Then you have to add labor.

Old 03-16-2001, 06:33 AM

I'm assuming that he doesn't know the person that did it, which means that he's going to try to go through insurance. If he has a $500 deductible, I'm thinking that if you can get both parts AND the labor for ~$500, it would make little sense to make a claim to the insurance company that is guaranteed to increase the premium enough so that making the claim was a bad idea. And what's wrong with an aftermarket replica wing? Done right (painted and installed correctly), it looks and acts factory. For god sakes, its a piece of fiberglass that sits on a trunk. It doesn't turn, spin, lower, or do anything important for the car. I think that it would be completely acceptable. So lets say $250 for the spoiler and $100 to have it installed (but the holes are already there ). That Leaves $150 to buy a part of the tail light and to have it installed. I could be completely wrond, but that should come to much over $500.
Old 03-16-2001, 06:43 AM

Re: I wouldn't do that

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine
Insurance companies are stepping up to combat fraud these days. They're not stupid, already you're story sounds a bit hokey. You're in your car and someone is able to get a spoiler off the trunk, your bumper covers and the tail lamps while you're listening to the stereo. Then in addition they manage to take an exhaust tip and dent the roof? Why not throw in a blown motor and clutch while your at it? All joking aside the word is due diligince. The lamps and exhaust don't make common sense and will set red flags a flyin imho.
Well when a night club lets out in downtown baltimore and there are literally hundreds and hundreds of people around and you do not know who's side they will be on, you really do not want to take any chances. So yes, me and 2 other guys were in the car with it moving when this happened to me. As for what was damaged, the only thing stolen was a spoiler, which is not hard to steal. Just grab the damn thing and pull. It really isnt that hard to grab onto a spoiler, cause it is in plain view and reach. As for the tail lights, they were not stolen, but kicked in and my bumper cover was scratched.

The dent in the roof part was actually also from downtown baltimore, on a different date. It was when we won the super bowl, some body decided to land on the roof of my car.
Old 03-16-2001, 06:45 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

yea, to be honest, with a $500 deductible it probably doesn't pay to make a claim. not only will your premium go up but god forbid you have to make a *real* claim soon, two claims really close to each other, forget it, your premiums gonna sky rocket.

about the clutch, here's a funny story. the other night a guy called up and wanted to make a claim that someone vandalized his clutch!! he says he came out of the store and the clutch no longer works on his 85 something... lol he wants ins to pay for it because it was "vandalized". after looking in the computers, this is an old guy who's made claims like this "someone vandalized my exhaust, my engine" etc pretty much every couple of months. Pretty funny.
Old 03-16-2001, 06:46 AM
CustomMax

Originally posted by medicsonic
I'm assuming that he doesn't know the person that did it, which means that he's going to try to go through insurance. If he has a $500 deductible, I'm thinking that if you can get both parts AND the labor for ~$500, it would make little sense to make a claim to the insurance company that is guaranteed to increase the premium enough so that making the claim was a bad idea. And what's wrong with an aftermarket replica wing? Done right (painted and installed correctly), it looks and acts factory. For god sakes, its a piece of fiberglass that sits on a trunk. It doesn't turn, spin, lower, or do anything important for the car. I think that it would be completely acceptable. So lets say $250 for the spoiler and $100 to have it installed (but the holes are already there ). That Leaves $150 to buy a part of the tail light and to have it installed. I could be completely wrond, but that should come to much over $500.
Yeah...I see what you are saying. I'm just the type of person that doesn't think I should have to sacrafice something I paid my hard earned money for just because of some drunk ******* that can't hold his liquor. Whether it does the same thing, and nobody else can tell, I still know that it is an aftermarket, cheaper spoiler and that would bother me. Depending on if he has any other insurance claims his premium might not go up. I'm sure he could find out the name of the ******* that f*cked his car and just sue him.

Old 03-16-2001, 07:07 AM

Man, I can't belive you just drove away...You could of done couple of things like getting out of the car with your buddies and kick his f***in a$$...If you gotta stand up for yourself, u gotta do it, no matter what. Or if you're such a pu$$y, mine as well call cops on the scene when it happened. But don't just leave..c'mon.

Don't take it offensively, it's just pissin me off that someone f*cked up comin out of the club like that, can come up to you and do this and now you're the one who's gotta pay.
Old 03-16-2001, 07:42 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

A couple things:

Always carry a tire iron in your car! It has many uses.

If you did this playing music in the parking lot after the club gets out on a regular basis, this was bound to happen. You're drawing way too much attention to yourself. You're just asking for trouble with that many possible drunk people around. Personally, I would be making fun of someone doing that in a parking lot, but I would never hurt someone's car because, I just couldn't.
Old 03-16-2001, 07:45 AM
is invisible

That's why they say...

Originally posted by ericdwong
Lesson here is, do not drive around (or in this case through) groups of people with the stereo blasting. Next time I'm gonna find my car without its stereo anymore. Its extremely tempting to "pimp" around especially in a car like ours, but look what happened to me. It coulda been alot worse.
pimpin' ain't easy.

Good luck.

How the hell did he *steal* the spoiler?!?
Old 03-16-2001, 09:12 AM

Drunk people=stupid people. Drunk crowd in fight environment=very stupid.
And one more question. He pulled off the whole thing at once? Its on with like four bolts isn't it?
Old 03-16-2001, 09:26 AM

UPDATE on violated maxima

Well I got in touch with the insurance company. It turns out that there is ZERO deductible (I was very relieved) and it also will not affect the premiums. The car goes in on monday to get estimated, then after that it'll be off to the body shop. Guess I'll be driving the 90 Camry while the max is in the shop. While I'm at it, this is the perfect opportunity to get my stillen front lip installed. So for the time being, I'm gonna have to drive around with no spoiler, holes and wires in my trunk and a busted tail.

To answer how the guy stole the spoiler, he just grabbed a hold and pulled real hard. I really didnt notice it at first cause I had the stereo cranked, but then i look in the back view and i saw him with some long object, then I noticed the spoiler wasnt there.
Old 03-16-2001, 09:54 AM

What club was this? I usually go clubbin in d.c. and va. However I've driven through baltimore on my way to a cafe when the clubs are lettin out and I've seen the people hangin out on the street corners. They look straight up shaddy. I can also imagine how your car would bring more attention to you and how it might **** off one of these irrational drunken bastards to do harm to your car. With that said I think I woulda instinctively stopped the car and confronted whoever violated me and my car. I wouldn't expect my friends to jump in but I would only want them to make sure that I didn't die. Where were the cops by the way? Usually in d.c. the cops block off the roads when the clubs are lettin out and just sorta monitor the whole situation. But anyways, I feel for ya bra, you did the right thing, and that's why ur still alive and not stabbed or shot or something right now. And don't worry I don't think your a *****.
Old 03-16-2001, 10:29 AM

haha clubbin what fun....

when i got to clubs i turn down the music right before i get to the club-- i dont want the punks checkin up on my car ya kno?? I take off my headunit and i usually put it somewhere no one would think of--- not in the glove box... hey u know u can stick it behind the seat in the little poket and no one knows, cuz they dont check there.... anyways yea i know... i only blast it as im leaving a club... i dont attract too much attention... haha espicially when im at an asian party.... hehe us asians are crazy when we're drunk ... anyways i feel for ya... some guy scratched my car up one night after i went clubbin.,.. i was pissed.. i still havent fixed the scratch yet... oh well.. i will paint it later....

and about the fighting... yea i dont like 100-3 odds.... so i woulda said something and left... or tried to run him over hehehe j/k... nah but u did the right hting.. i dont wanna be killed over a damn wing...
Old 03-16-2001, 10:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

race more, rave less. =)
Old 03-16-2001, 11:20 AM

INsurance fraud

Not smart to admit or allude to insurance fraud verbally, or electronically. I'm sure you were joking so as not to be subject to felonious criminal charges, right?
Old 03-16-2001, 11:33 AM

i thought under any senario when insurance puts out money, your preminum always goes up later.

but anyway good thing you didn't get out, never go to a battle without knowing who is on whose side.
i hope you've got some hookups in chinatown, you know, make a call and few days later that dood somehow falls on his face hard somewhere
Old 03-16-2001, 11:52 AM
OG

That's F@*#$D Up. Where do you live dawg? I'll come down there and whoop soma a$$ for you.
Old 03-16-2001, 01:45 PM

Re: INsurance fraud

Originally posted by kratz74
Not smart to admit or allude to insurance fraud verbally, or electronically. I'm sure you were joking so as not to be subject to felonious criminal charges, right?

There is going to be no insurance fraud whatsoever. It was COINCIDENCE that the tail light that got broken last night was the same light that I had broken while I was removing the amber pieces. As for the spoiler, whatever it costs for the OE spoiler is what the insurance company is gonna put out. As for the front lip, I will just use this as an opportunity to get it painted, as in I will pay the extra money to get the front lip painted and installed. It will probably be cheaper since they already have to use the paint anyway.

By the way the club was Hammerjacks. Its an awesome club and I still plan on going, but I wont be driving the mighty maxima anymore. I'll drive the POS 90 Camry or better, get somebody else to drive.