General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

FWD curiousity

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2000, 03:33 PM
Johnny

I'm curious how successful Cadillac is in delivering 300 hp to the front wheels on the DeVille. I do like how they use led's for not only the high mount but also the tailamps as well. why doesn't Nissan use HID on the Maxima?

When I see cars offering cooled seats and massaging motors inside perf. leather sport seats, I think Nissan needs to upgrade. Dang their seats squeak!

Old 09-23-2000, 04:18 PM

whew!..

cooled and massaged seats..no offense, but sounds to me like you're describing a "LAZYBOY".Best stay at home if that sort of comfort is needed in a sports sedan. Wouldnt that sort of compare to having a sport motorbike with armrests and backrests, etc. etc.??? Leave it to GM to do something truly untastefully excessive in order to attempt to compete with classier alternatives. Hey...remember the first cars that talked and asked you to shut your door??wasnt that Chrysler????
Old 09-23-2000, 04:31 PM

Uhh.. hello? Have you been awake in the last 10 years? This is the new gen of 4 doors. Fast, good handling, good looking, and comfortable. Other examples are GS400s and 540is. Wouldn't you like that **** in your sports sedan? Sport bikes are the Ferrari's of the bike world...
Old 09-23-2000, 04:34 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

mikey, i agree with you totally, but u gotta realize one thing, those are all <i>upscale</i> sports sedans. our maxima is pretty low on the scale compared to the 540i. i call it the essential sports sedan. if nissan needs a luxo sports sedan, it belongs in the infiniti line.
Old 09-23-2000, 04:41 PM

dont know about the HID headlamps and LED Tails

but they do look nice!
Old 09-23-2000, 04:56 PM

oh well

Originally posted by Maximamike
Uhh.. hello? Have you been awake in the last 10 years? This is the new gen of 4 doors. Fast, good handling, good looking, and comfortable. Other examples are GS400s and 540is. Wouldn't you like that **** in your sports sedan? Sport bikes are the Ferrari's of the bike world...
I guess everyone is entitled to their own perception of the perfect set of wheels and "good taste". I sort of still have a bit of trouble with the concept of a "sports sedan", even more so, a "luxo sports sedan" It's sort of oxymoronic isnt it??? Even though I just bought a brand new 2000 Maxima, my teen daughters hate the looks. Their comment:" ..it's a look at me, I'm a middle aged guy with money car" Sports car purists would shrivel and squirm at the thought of adding more weight to a finely tuned machine by putting massage motors in the seats. egaaaaaads. Any genuine sports car driver I have ever met opts for a minimalist approach to their vehicles..."less is better" I want to feel the car feeling the road, not some motors massaging my butt. Maybe some young Maxima owners are merely,"..middle aged I've got money wannabe's! Give me the CORBEAU racing seats posted on this site by Chebosto any day. Why arent they standard on every SPORTS sedan? Too many old farts still buying the "luxo's" I guess

cheers!

[Edited by LeoB on 09-23-2000 at 07:21 PM]
Old 09-23-2000, 05:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i30's are a step-up from maxs luxury wise.
Old 09-23-2000, 05:42 PM

Tell your daughters that Max's aren't old guy cars. Hell, I have one and I'm 16..

PS: Got any pics? Sorry, just had to
Old 09-23-2000, 05:43 PM

Re: oh well

Originally posted by LeoB
...Any genuine sports car driver I have ever met opts for a minimalist approach to their vehicles..."less is better" I want to feel the car feeling the road, not some motors massaging my butt. Maybe some young Maxima owners are merely,"..middle aged I've got money wannabe's! Give me the CORBEAU racing seats posted on this site by Chebosto any day. Why arent they standard on every SPORTS sedan? Too many old farts still buying the "luxo's" I guess

cheers!

[Edited by LeoB on 09-23-2000 at 07:21 PM]
Hmm, that's why exactly Maxima is not that sporty. You don't feel the road, seats don't hold you tie. Ever try the sports seats in a 540? 16 ways to adjust and it holds you like ****.
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with a luxo sports sedan, look at M5/E55. You can be held tight in nice seats, play with your GPS, roll down the rear sunshade to block sunlight, at the mean time STILL run with a Vette side by side 0-120 and pull away from it afterwards. That's travel in style is all about.
Old 09-23-2000, 05:49 PM

Originally posted by Johnny
I'm curious how successful Cadillac is in delivering 300 hp to the front wheels on the DeVille. I do like how they use led's for not only the high mount but also the tailamps as well. why doesn't Nissan use HID on the Maxima?

When I see cars offering cooled seats and massaging motors inside perf. leather sport seats, I think Nissan needs to upgrade. Dang their seats squeak!
Cuz Nissan makes a car called I30, you can get HID/GPS those features which you can't get on Maxima, that's what marketing is all about.
I am sure Nissan can put cool stuff into their cars, but what comes with that is a higher pricetag, you won't like that will you?