General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

SAFC Proper Settings - The Final Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Sports Button FTW

SAFC Proper Settings - The Final Thread

dynotuning soon and want to know everything and anything i should set before i jump on dyno and start increasing and decreasing fuel percentages.

I know my throttle should be at 39% and 40% and 4 in and 4 out and 6 cylinder and arrow pointing up but what else? when i click next after setting 4 in and 4 out on Hotwire, a new screen comes up asking about something. It involves same scenario (two numbers) but this time they are single digit (1) instead of 2 (01).

Also my rpm increments are in the thousands instead of 500's. Anyone with experience with the AFC and still has one so they can actually look and compare with me please hit me up. I want to know everything so once i'm done dynotuning i dont ever have to touch this thing again unless i want to look at different colorful graphs
Old 05-03-2004, 07:07 PM

Sorry this isn't help, but are you boosted w/ upgraded injectors and this is to correct, or are you just tuning a NA max to see how much you can get out of it? I'm kind of curious about how much power can be obtained NA with tuning.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I think Jay25 posted some generic settings in the SC/TC forum a while back

I've never tuned an SC Maxima, but I have other cars and IMO, if its your first time "tuning" I'd let someone experienced do it. tuning the AFC is pretty simple once you learn, but IMO if its your first time and your paying for the time, let someone else do it and watch VERY closely so next time its in your hands. I've seen many inexperienced peeps jump up on the dyno and waste their time making the AF even worse thinking they knew what to do. good luck
Old 05-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
I think Jay25 posted some generic settings in the SC/TC forum a while back

I've never tuned an SC Maxima, but I have other cars and IMO, if its your first time "tuning" I'd let someone experienced do it. tuning the AFC is pretty simple once you learn, but IMO if its your first time and your paying for the time, let someone else do it and watch VERY closely so next time its in your hands. I've seen many inexperienced peeps jump up on the dyno and waste their time making the AF even worse thinking they knew what to do. good luck

i actually found a shop that would tune for me for 105 dollars. But thats not what i'm mainly worried about. Its the other settings...the settings that every maxima will/should have such as 6 cylinder, 4 in 4 out...those type of settings. just wanted to make sure all those were correct so once i jump on dyno, me or the person can only worry about the rpm % adjustments.

BTW, my SAFC has the rpm's going by the thousands...how do i change it to 500's

and i'm boosted. Hoping to gain atleast 20 hp but i dont even know where i'm at now
Old 05-03-2004, 08:42 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

just jumpin on the thread so i can see what happens
Old 05-04-2004, 07:05 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by slimer
just jumpin on the thread so i can see what happens
bumpity bump
Old 05-05-2004, 06:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by meccanoble
i actually found a shop that would tune for me for 105 dollars. But thats not what i'm mainly worried about. Its the other settings...the settings that every maxima will/should have such as 6 cylinder, 4 in 4 out...those type of settings. just wanted to make sure all those were correct so once i jump on dyno, me or the person can only worry about the rpm % adjustments.

BTW, my SAFC has the rpm's going by the thousands...how do i change it to 500's
If you have the SAFC I, go to the Settings menu, then to the Ne points submenu. Now you can change the rpm at which adjustments are made. You have a total of 8 rpm settings, which you can change in 500 rpm increments.

The screen after the 4 in 4 out you were talking about refers to how many maf sensors you are using per intake path and how the maf signal should be adjusted. In your case, just one maf and one intake path, so leave that alone. This particular screen is for people running intake setups where you might have two maf sensors going into one intake path or into two separate intakes, or a setup where you have two intakes but one maf, and so on. The SAFC allows you to specify maf signal averaging, dividing the maf signal by two, or doubling the maf signal.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:28 AM

Mecca told me that now there is another screen which asks for some parameters for a graph.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:32 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by SonicDust187
Mecca told me that now there is another screen which asks for some parameters for a graph.

yea i have a DEC Air screen asking for 3 things, i forget what, something in Mah...i think Pr (pressure) and 2 other stuff... i think i'm all set though, the rest seems to be things i shouldnt touch.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by meccanoble
yea i have a DEC Air screen asking for 3 things, i forget what, something in Mah...i think Pr (pressure) and 2 other stuff... i think i'm all set though, the rest seems to be things i shouldnt touch.
The Dec Air screen is for adjusting the maf signal during idle for boosted cars that don't recirculate metered air when the maf is before the blow off valve. Don't mess with that stuff, you can get yourself into trouble.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:53 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
The Dec Air screen is for adjusting the maf signal during idle for boosted cars that don't recirculate metered air when the maf is before the blow off valve. Don't mess with that stuff, you can get yourself into trouble.

ok, thanks for the info stephen!
Old 05-05-2004, 05:46 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
And that is mainly for draw through MAF setups. Blow through MAFs don't require it as much.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:03 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

doesn't iansw use this setting for the jwt?
Old 05-06-2004, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
And that is mainly for draw through MAF setups. Blow through MAFs don't require it as much.
Yes. Blow through setups don't need it at all if the maf is after the bov, since no metered air is lost.