General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

What's going on...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 07:17 PM

What's going on...?

Okay, so I've known about these forums for awhile, browsed a little bit, but it always seems pretty slow. So I'm going to obey the cardinal rule of forums and search before I post anything. I CAN'T SEARCH. Apparently no one can? What's up with that... I think this is the first forum I've ever found like that.

So, I gather that you have to pay in order to search... No problem, I click on the donations link.

Originally Posted by www.maxima.org
Thank you very much for your consideration in donating to Maxima.org. Our busy schedule prevents us from updating your accounts to the status of "Donating Member" so we are currently not taking donations due to the fact that it takes a lot of time to manually update the records. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. We will accept donations in the near future.
WTF?! So, I can't search until I donate, but I can't donate? Are you guys asking to be spammed with newb questions or what?! Are there any other quality Maxima forums on the net? I've been a member of sr20forums and b15sentra.net for a couple years (I have a B13 SE-R and a B15 Spec V) which are both pretty quality and knowledgable boards (if you ignore the immaturity of b15sentra).

I'm just trying to find some answers here...

Oh and the reason I care is because I plan to trade in my Spec V tomorrow on a 2002 Maxima SE 6MT. I work at a dealership, so I'm getting good money for my trade (about $2000 over ACV) and gettin the Max for a steal.

Thanks,

Kyle
Old 05-25-2004, 07:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Read the stickies
Old 05-25-2004, 08:07 PM

I've been wondering abou this for a while myself. Announcements say that it's a technical problem...I guess I am wondering what's the deal and if technical help is needed I can probably help....

Also, regarding donations - there is a whole number of people wanting to donate but not able to.
We are waisting more time ans server capacity answering same questions every week instead of allowing search...
Old 05-25-2004, 08:13 PM
UCF Lexus

I need to read the FAQ!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by SOAD1983
Read the stickies

All the information I need is not in the stickies...
Old 05-26-2004, 08:05 AM

ehh found my own solution (doesn't work as well as searching the boards themselves).

www.google.com and enter the search terms then site:forums.maxima.org
Old 05-26-2004, 03:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by El Gabito
ehh found my own solution (doesn't work as well as searching the boards themselves).

www.google.com and enter the search terms then site:forums.maxima.org
Here. This works pretty well