General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I REALLY NEED HELP.. I broke my sensor

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I REALLY NEED HELP.. I broke my sensor

I really did something very stupid today. I was changing the coolant temperature sensor on my 90 GXE. Took the old one off, and as I was tightening the newer one, I kept on going like an idiot, and then pop!!! It broke. So now the half that threads is inside the metal part(where the two radiator hoses meet), and the switch is in my hand. WHAT DO I DO??????? ANybody Please!!!!!

The part that is inside is hollow. The hole is less than 1/4 inch in diameter. Will I be able to get like a hex key or something in there. I tried a hex key, but it slips. My 1/4 ratchet is too big.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by aminus21
I really did something very stupid today. I was changing the coolant temperature sensor on my 90 GXE. Took the old one off, and as I was tightening the newer one, I kept on going like an idiot, and then pop!!! It broke. So now the half that threads is inside the metal part(where the two radiator hoses meet), and the switch is in my hand. WHAT DO I DO??????? ANybody Please!!!!!

The part that is inside is hollow. The hole is less than 1/4 inch in diameter. Will I be able to get like a hex key or something in there. I tried a hex key, but it slips. My 1/4 ratchet is too big.
Do you have access to a screw extractor?
http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdspec06.html