General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

63 in a 35 HELP!! $255 ticket

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2001 | 08:31 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

I got a ticket at 1:30 this morning for going 63 in a 35. I thought it was a 45 though, me and my friend were coming back from the pool hall after work and were racing on the way home and i beat him there and back but on the way home as we are like .5 miles from back to his house we both get pulled over. I was the front car and the cop said he got us on radar and that he had calibrated it before his shift. What can i do to get out of this, say he clocked my friend and he was advancing up towards my car and i was only going 50ish. Also i think the cop wouldn't have given me a ticket if it was just me, i talked to him real good and he was nice to me but he wasn't nice to my friend, and my friend isn't 18 and it was after driving hours for him, but there was someone in the car over so he gave him a warning and let her drive. HELP ME, tomorrow morning i'm going to fight a 500 dollar ticket from the last meet i went to for drag racing.
Old 04-09-2001 | 05:25 AM

Sorry pal

I know it's not what you want to hear, but you deserve it.
Old 04-09-2001 | 05:33 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

dang a 500 dollar ticket.

then this one. So how did he clock it before his shift. I dont understand.But anyway well dude is all I can say is get out of te 500 one and pay the 255 its the least of your troubles and its only half of the first one. Of course if I had a 500 dollar ticket that had to be settled or paid for, aine no way Id be racin out there again. Id wait for the longest bit of time to do that. Your friend was pretty lucky, actually he was very lucky to get a warning and let the other girl drive home and not get a major ticket. Id say just try and get out of the $500 one and pay the $255.
Old 04-09-2001 | 09:40 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Sorry to tell ya this but........

you're screwed!! Judge will see the racing ticket(which you won't get out of unless you've got Johnny Cochran) and then they'll hit you with the speeding and you'll have close to 7 points(thats according to MD point system). I was recently in your same situation, I got a racing ticket and they hit me with a reckless driving ticket, but the judge was nice enough to reduce the fines to $400 and cancel out the reckless driving(pheww...)! I'm waiting to serve my suspension now, but remember Racing is "almost" compared to a DUI so don't expect any luck on getting out of these tickets! good luck, I hope you learned your lesson, I sure as hell did.......
Old 04-09-2001 | 09:49 AM

If you can do the time, don't do the crime.
Old 04-09-2001 | 10:04 AM
MaxRX7

All your base are belong to us, make your TIME!!!

let me spell it out for you: U R F U C K E D.
Old 04-09-2001 | 10:44 AM

Re: All your base are belong to us, make your TIME!!!

Originally posted by MaxRX7
let me spell it out for you: U R F U C K E D.
Just hope for the best
Old 04-09-2001 | 11:26 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The Drag Racing Ticket

Funny thing is dmbmaxima88 was not one of the ones drag racing when he got that 500 dollar ticket. I was behind everyone and saw all that happen. What a rip.
Old 04-09-2001 | 11:29 AM

Re: The Drag Racing Ticket

Originally posted by BlkStnValyMaxima
Funny thing is dmbmaxima88 was not one of the ones drag racing when he got that 500 dollar ticket. I was behind everyone and saw all that happen. What a rip.
Then I take back what I said before. Nobody deserves a racing ticket when they weren't racing. Speeding is one thing, racing is another.
Old 04-09-2001 | 12:20 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Sorry to tell ya this but........

Originally posted by DA-MAX
you're screwed!! Judge will see the racing ticket(which you won't get out of unless you've got Johnny Cochran) and then they'll hit you with the speeding and you'll have close to 7 points(thats according to MD point system). I was recently in your same situation, I got a racing ticket and they hit me with a reckless driving ticket, but the judge was nice enough to reduce the fines to $400 and cancel out the reckless driving(pheww...)! I'm waiting to serve my suspension now, but remember Racing is "almost" compared to a DUI so don't expect any luck on getting out of these tickets! good luck, I hope you learned your lesson, I sure as hell did.......
I guess i'm Johnny Cochran because i did beat the the racing ticket, NO FINE, NO PROBATION, NO NOTHING. NOT RESPONSIBLE. I think going into computer might be the wrong field for me, i should be a lawyer, hehe. So now that will not go on my record what about the other ticket. I just looked today and it changed from a 45 to a 35 right where he was parked and he clocked me with his radar when i was still in the 45 so the ticket was filled out wrong. Damn i'm good, any other ideas.
Old 04-09-2001 | 12:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Sorry to tell ya this but........

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

I guess i'm Johnny Cochran because i did beat the the racing ticket, NO FINE, NO PROBATION, NO NOTHING. NOT RESPONSIBLE. I think going into computer might be the wrong field for me, i should be a lawyer, hehe. So now that will not go on my record what about the other ticket. I just looked today and it changed from a 45 to a 35 right where he was parked and he clocked me with his radar when i was still in the 45 so the ticket was filled out wrong. Damn i'm good, any other ideas.
Very Sweet Deal! As far as the new ticket goes, I'd take some pictures of the area where you got pulled over so you can hopefully at least get the ticket reduced.
Old 04-10-2001 | 06:01 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Re: Re: Sorry to tell ya this but........

Slow down, Mass sucks.