General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

For those of you with Sprint/Koni have your rears settled yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2001, 03:23 PM

When I lowered my 90 Camry last january with Intrax/KYB, the rear was high as __. But after only a few months of lugging around that 90 lb subwoofer box the rear finally settled down. Now Ive been doing searches regarding the Sprint/Koni install, and see that the rear end comes higher then the fronts. I no longer have my 90 lb subwoofer box either, and Ive reduced the weight to 60 lbs. I am probably almost for sure going Sprint/Koni, cause the Cattman gen 2 coils are just wayyy too expensive, and I need to buy a Honda CBR600f4 too.

Anyway, the main question here is, for those of you who did Spring/Koni, has your rear ends settled in yet?
Old 04-09-2001, 03:36 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

There are two perch settings for the rear konis for the Max.... use the lower one...

Originally posted by ericdwong
When I lowered my 90 Camry last january with Intrax/KYB, the rear was high as __. But after only a few months of lugging around that 90 lb subwoofer box the rear finally settled down. Now Ive been doing searches regarding the Sprint/Koni install, and see that the rear end comes higher then the fronts. I no longer have my 90 lb subwoofer box either, and Ive reduced the weight to 60 lbs. I am probably almost for sure going Sprint/Koni, cause the Cattman gen 2 coils are just wayyy too expensive, and I need to buy a Honda CBR600f4 too.

Anyway, the main question here is, for those of you who did Spring/Koni, has your rear ends settled in yet?
Old 04-09-2001, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by ericdwong
Yes my sprints have settled slightly, but the rear of my car is still noticeably higher than the front. By the way, I do have my konis on the lower perch setting and I don't have anything in my trunk such as a sub box to help push the rear down