General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.
View Poll Results: Who believes Kctyphoon?
Believe
11.11%
Don't believe
33.33%
Totally wacky!
55.56%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Who believes Kctyphoon?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 09:32 AM
I'm needing a caw

Let's guage how his posts affected people's view of cattman
Old 04-11-2001, 11:20 AM
I'm needing a caw

upsie daisy!
Old 04-11-2001, 12:36 PM

I find it hard to believe that he bent that bracket thingy. That bracket thingy is incredibly strong, and even if he bent the thing "expanding the bar", I woulda just taken a pair of vice grips to it and bent it back. Anyway, another point, is from my understanding, it is impossible to expand the bar if you have the bolt and nut that hold the bar to the strut tower brackets. This is a physical impossibility. If those bolts and nuts are in place, there is no way for the bar to be expanded cause it would not be able to turn. For me, when I installed mine, I jacked up the car from the center member below, expanded the bar, then tightened it down, and then set the car down.

However, this does raise concerns about what if something does go wrong. We all know if it was a large company, they can eat the loss. I asked him about warranty issues a while ago and he said "I don't offer an actual warranty on anything I make for liability reasons. That being said, I do provide excellent customer suuport, and if there is an issue with materials or workmanship, I stand behind my products."

I sure hope this is true, because I've heard of people's gen 1 rear coilovers breaking, and I am SERIOUSLY considering getting the gen 2 coilovers, because I want to have the ultimate handling Maxima and be able to slam the car low as can be.
Old 04-11-2001, 01:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sure I believe him. I mean, with such thought out sentences and such creative use of the Caps Lock Key, who wouldn't?
Old 04-11-2001, 01:53 PM

I don't think he would be pleading his case so much if it were not true. I also think that he considered this his only forum to get even and so he let it rip. I might have done the same thing except without being offensive to others.

With regard to his spelling or lack thereof I can't cast that stone bc taking into account the lack of gramatical correctness and spelling I see on these boards...need I say more.

That would not have happened to me. When you receive a short shipment, ask for the balance immediately, when you don't get it, ask for a credit, if you don't get it, call your credit card company and dispute it.

The only issue that's not clear is how did the bracket bend. If it happended just by turning the brace by hand (without tools) then I can understand why he's pissed. If the bracket bent, he should be sent another bracket, not the whole thing. Here again, you give the supplier reasonable time to respond, if he doesn't ask for credit, when you don't get it, call your credit card company and file a dispute.
Old 04-11-2001, 01:56 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

I find it sad that

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Let's guage how his posts affected people's view of cattman
as of now, 3 people have actually clicked on Believe.....

Maybe it should be expanded with "Ignorant" and "Moron" as other viable options....
Old 04-11-2001, 02:07 PM

Re: I find it sad that

Originally posted by bill99gxe

as of now, 3 people have actually clicked on Believe.....

Maybe it should be expanded with "Ignorant" and "Moron" as other viable options....
To moderate is to make less severe or extreme. I think you're overstepping your bounds here Bill.
Old 04-12-2001, 07:39 AM

I think there is "some" truth to it.

Originally posted by plrod Black 95 SE
I don't think he would be pleading his case so much if it were not
I think he bent it, but he is not being honest about how it happned. I think he was caught in a lie, and decided to lash out. I think his lashing out is because he believes that the customer is always right. I think he thought Brian was a big company, and he could milk them for his mistake. I think KCTYPHOON needs a plexy-glass belly button to see how the world really works, because he obviously has no idea what's going on when his head is up his A$$
Old 04-12-2001, 08:46 AM
I'm needing a caw

Well after reviewing how I set up the poll, it's really in his favor. It was meant for more of a creditabilty poll than a belief poll. But still the results speak for themselves.