General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I'm so sick of the Nissan paint job-->

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2000, 10:46 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

My hood looks like crap. I went through a construction zone this morning. The road was not paved and small rocks every where. I have 5 new rock chips. At this point, I might as well get the carbon fiber hood.
Old 09-27-2000, 12:12 PM

damn

organize a group deal =) i think id be down for that
Old 09-27-2000, 12:16 PM
I'm needing a caw

Repaint w/ a quality product->

There are some pretty tough paints out there now. Imron is used for aircraft and is REALLY tough! Expensive though. Or a good quality 2-part paint should work well.
Old 09-27-2000, 04:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

paint

I know what you mean, my 99 hood and front end is all crappy too. The paint seems so soft you just touch it and its thru to the primer. Every time i wax I almost cry as more and more areas appear. Just venting...
Old 09-27-2000, 06:05 PM
RussMaxManiac

I hear ya, my maxima front end the 2k was chipped all over. Very thin paint. Now my 2k Sentra, has no chips at all after 2500 miles. I am really surprised! I think the paint quality on the Sentra is alot better than the MAXIMA anyways. Even though its a cheaper car, it comes from a different plant.

Old 09-27-2000, 06:36 PM

So much for the diamond testing....

I quote from the 2K brochure:

"What's the connection between the hardest substance on earth and your Nissan? In a word: PAINT. Our patented Durasteel has a nickle-rich precoating designed to help keep the paint from chipping. To test it, we pummel the metal with diamonds shot from a compressed-air gun. It's a high-impact way to judge the resilience of the protective coat."

Ok what was the crackhead smoking when he wrote this bit? Holy dog**** batman!

Seems like every little pebble that hits my car is a catastrophic hit! I can't believe how thin the paint job is on a 20k plus car.....jeeesh...
Old 09-27-2000, 08:07 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

What the brochure left out was that the paint failed the test.....but its a good test.
Old 09-27-2000, 11:29 PM

Originally posted by KL99SEA
What the brochure left out was that the paint failed the test.....but its a good test.
yeah really..i think the paint copied off my paper...my paint was all chipped b4 i repainted my car..the worst is when u hear little rocks hit ur paint, cuz u KNOW, what just happen....
Old 09-28-2000, 11:54 AM
MAXDriver

Re: So much for the diamond testing....

Originally posted by jnm2kse
I quote from the 2K brochure:

"What's the connection between the hardest substance on earth and your Nissan? In a word: PAINT. Our patented Durasteel has a nickle-rich precoating designed to help keep the paint from chipping. To test it, we pummel the metal with diamonds shot from a compressed-air gun. It's a high-impact way to judge the resilience of the protective coat."

Ok what was the crackhead smoking when he wrote this bit? Holy dog**** batman!

Seems like every little pebble that hits my car is a catastrophic hit! I can't believe how thin the paint job is on a 20k plus car.....jeeesh...

Nah, you misunderstood the brochure. It won't scratch "with diamonds shot from a compressed-air gun" O-N-L-Y.
But pebbles shot up from cars in front of you is another story. J/K. :-)

Old 09-28-2000, 04:44 PM

fight back

maybe if enough 2K owners wrote their dealers, or wrote NISSAN, enough pressure could be applied to have them consider making allowances, like for a new paint job or financial reinbursement or something. One Maybe I or two people writing they look at as a few folks griping. If a lot of folks write, it becomes a problem for them..Maybe then they'll look into it and do some evaluations. Ford had to re-paint a LOT of trucks a few years back, 10 years after the fact! Maybe a few folks who have lawyer friends could get them to write lawyers letters on your behalf...or..get ONE lawyer to write a letter on behalf of an as yet, "undisclosed" number of Maxima owners. I find that even big Corporations scare easily when they get things in writing.
Old 09-28-2000, 06:07 PM

diamonds

maybe they were cubic zarconia ?