General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Some new orgers lazy....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 03:09 PM
dot dot dot ...

Some new orgers lazy....

I've noticed in the past year or so, maybe longer, that some of the newer members take advantage and don't even try to any degree to fix their own problems. Instead, laziness kicks in and straight to the org forums w/o reading the stickies.
Whether it be a simple or difficult problem about 65% of the problems/situations listed recently are easy fixes, and with a little bit of time/research on even the general web (I've found a few topics myself that I wasn't able to find on here), and just applying reasonable remedy ideas under the hood or wherever it may be would help us all save a lot of time.

I must give much respect to many many members (too many to list but you know who you are) that have contributed greatly to us in the innovative ideas that have helped many of us be more productive with our time.

I have just recently bought an 03, and while I've had many questions regarding it, I don't post them, because 15 minutes spent under the hood, or online, the answers are there.

A lot of the fixes on my 4th gen were found on my own, though many of them were also from here, I'm just saying, spend a little bit of time researching before you post here.

At least give it an HONEST try
Just venting, sorry people....
Old 10-18-2004, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
I've noticed in the past year or so, maybe longer, that some of the newer members take advantage and don't even try to any degree to fix their own problems. Instead, laziness kicks in and straight to the org.

Whether it be a simple or difficult problem about 65% of the problems/situations listed recently are easy fixes, and with a little bit of time/research on even the general web (I've found a few topics myself that I wasn't able to find on here), and just applying reasonable remedy ideas under the hood or wherever it may be would help us all save a lot of time.

I must give much respect to many many members (too many to list but you know who you are) that have contributed greatly to us in the innovative ideas that have helped many of us be more productive with our time.

I have just recently bought an 03, and while I've had many questions regarding it, I don't post them, because 15 minutes spent under the hood, or online, the answers are there.

A lot of the fixes on my 4th gen were found on my own, though many of them were also from here, I'm just saying, spend a little bit of time researching before you post here.

Ant
Old 10-18-2004, 04:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've noticed in the past year or so, maybe longer, that some of the newer members take advantage and don't even try to any degree to fix their own problems. Instead, laziness kicks in and straight to the org.

how do i change my friggin BULBS!!!! lol j.k
Old 10-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Always sunny in philly

Although we have been noobers once in our stay here at the Maxima.org hotel, the volume of one-stop noobers have increased.

"How do i change bulbs"
"How do I LED my nuts"
"How do I add neons all over the damn place"

The quality of information is located in past threads, not the current ones i've been seeing
Old 10-18-2004, 05:17 PM

this is why forumdisplay.php?f=11 > *
Old 10-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Seperated at Birth?

Originally Posted by MrGone
this is why forumdisplay.php?f=11 > *
QFGDMFT
Old 10-18-2004, 05:27 PM

my question is, how are we supposed to find new things, if most of them have already being figured it out. and added to the stikies section.

Some one should scan the entire maxima's factory manuals. that is one thing, but then again, it is ilegal to do so.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Guinader
my question is, how are we supposed to find new things, if most of them have already being figured it out. and added to the stikies section.

Some one should scan the entire maxima's factory manuals. that is one thing, but then again, it is ilegal to do so.
why, I already have them for 94-04
Old 10-18-2004, 05:39 PM

Hey Nmexmax
Glad to se you finally found your new car, hope you are happy with it, I decided to keep my 02 for a while (long frustrating story) I felt bad that I could not sell it to you. By the way can you tell me how to do an oil change?
J.K
Old 10-18-2004, 05:45 PM

what are you talking about , where.
I think I saw a thread about it, a while back ,that said, for people to dowland them a quick as possible. ("shiiis, don't tell anyone.") <- can't remeber what the thread said.
'
so... where? where? where? tell me.
well anyway, so, what else can be done to the maximas, that hasn't being do before.

add lights form different cars (frankenstine our maximas)
light weight parts -> yes -> make a maxima entirely made out of Carbon Fiber, (ferrari style) problem -> very expensive. (at least will get rid of the rusting problems)

BTW as of right now, we have big engine projects going on, with some of our (dare I to say) TOP MAXIMA MEMBERS.

and our (noobs) level of abilities have grown.
noobs, start learning about thier cars very fast. and become very skillful with the help of maixma.org -> I'm one of them.

EDIT: here is a idea:
some one is selling thier 1984 maxima wagon, which is a RWD, now if you buy that car, get a sr20de or what ever engine fits in there (RWD off course)
wouldn't that be a fast maxima. (also, would something like that work. (front lip form a skyline)
Old 10-19-2004, 06:24 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by elmaximo
Hey Nmexmax
Glad to se you finally found your new car, hope you are happy with it, I decided to keep my 02 for a while (long frustrating story) I felt bad that I could not sell it to you. By the way can you tell me how to do an oil change?
J.K
Ohh, you still have it, the '97 didn't do it for you ha? Yours was one of if not the best deals around.

Better deal than I got. . .

I agree we've all been newbies before, but some are affraid to mess up their cars, at least give it an honest effort before you ask how to remove the gas cap. . .
Old 10-19-2004, 07:27 AM
† ErV †

My right blinker stopped working. Dealer wants 70 bucks to look at it and then extra to fix whatever is wrong. Do i need blinker fluid and where can i get it?.. or do i need a 15$ piaa bulb instead. HELP!

Old 10-19-2004, 07:56 AM
Getting back to his roots

I blame the Fast and the Furious franchise.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:14 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/posting.html
Old 10-19-2004, 08:15 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Mizeree_X
I blame the Fast and the Furious franchise.

I agree.

I'll also admit that I've ask a few stupid questions here before, but I was a newbie, and well, didn't take the time to try the task at hand, but after my first visit to the dealer I know a week after I got my car, I decided to do the majority of the work myself, save money and time by trying logical ways to fix certain problems...like I say, an honest try.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Nismotic
Although we have been noobers once in our stay here at the Maxima.org hotel, the volume of one-stop noobers have increased.

"How do i change bulbs"
"How do I LED my nuts"
"How do I add neons all over the damn place"

The quality of information is located in past threads, not the current ones i've been seeing
LOL HAAAAAAAA - I am also quite sick of even seeing the word LED
Old 10-19-2004, 08:45 AM

Ohh, you still have it, the '97 didn't do it for you ha? Yours was one of if not the best deals around.

Better deal than I got. . .

I agree we've all been newbies before, but some are affraid to mess up their cars, at least give it an honest effort before you ask how to remove the gas cap. . .
Nah, gave the 97 to my daughter and decided to buy a Corollla for the wife to put a stop to her *****ing after a bad experience with the guy that was going to buy my 02
Old 10-19-2004, 08:57 AM
dot dot dot ...

Nah, gave the 97 to my daughter and decided to buy a Corollla for the wife to put a stop to her *****ing after a bad experience with the guy that was going to buy my 02
Because that car was only thing it didnt have was HLSD, but still a killer deal.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:02 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hey Nmexmax
By the way can you tell me how to do an oil change?
J.K
should i change the oil when the engine stops working or when it catches on fire?
Old 10-19-2004, 09:16 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by El Barto
should i change the oil when the engine stops working or when it catches on fire?
Put the fire out, use fine sand and mix 60/40 with th engine oil and pour into engine with a rag dipped in gasoline sticking out of the oil hole, and light on fire using a butane lighter and watch closely (1-5mm) and if anything happens, you need a new engine.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:24 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Hey orgers...my car is broke and im too lazy to find the problem myself. ...Please help!
Old 10-19-2004, 09:32 AM

Because that car was only thing it didnt have was HLSD, but still a killer deal.
Did you get navigation sys.with yours? Did you buy it from a fellow orger?
Old 10-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I thought a forum is a place to get information that is already known. I person finds the forum by doing some research.

I find a lot of useful information on this forum. That is why I made a donation. The money that I have save by not going to a dealer is a whole lot more then my small donation. Thanks to all of the helpfull members on this board.

Granted some of the new questions are basic car knowledge, have patients. If the question has an abviouse answer that everyone should know, don't answer and let the thread die on its own. Flaming a Noob or lazy orger only waist your time and server space. The sames goes with this thread.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Reported

Originally Posted by Pearl99GXE
I thought a forum is a place to get information that is already known. I person finds the forum by doing some research.

I find a lot of useful information on this forum. That is why I made a donation. The money that I have save by not going to a dealer is a whole lot more then my small donation. Thanks to all of the helpfull members on this board.

Granted some of the new questions are basic car knowledge, have patients. If the question has an abviouse answer that everyone should know, don't answer and let the thread die on its own. Flaming a Noob or lazy orger only waist your time and server space. The sames goes with this thread.
nobody here was born knowing how to clear the headlights or paint the taillights. we all had to learn for somebody whether its by reading a manual, someone showing us or by posting on a forum. the questions people ask do get repetitve but who cares? you don't have to read it or respond. maxima.org is not some secret forum in which only car Gods can post...its for EVERYONE. Newbs and experts.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:32 AM
dot dot dot ...

Now you guys are getting me all wrong, if everyone read the stickies, I would have never posted this..

A lot of questions are in the stickies, but people are too lazy to even read those.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:19 PM

there are a bunch of dead links in the stickies, too
Old 10-19-2004, 12:27 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by TheBigDu
there are a bunch of dead links in the stickies, too
True. . .

But

Sometimes it';s good to read in someones sig, or notice their stlye of posting on the org, i.e, Njmax is a suspension guru, Neoloc DaveB I30Mike are good for performance and all around maintenance stuff, etc etc it just takes a little getting used to but you'll learn, when I have a question, I usually know where to go to fro the answer by relating to certain topics to certain members.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:31 PM

I've noticed in the past year or so, maybe longer, that some of the newer members take advantage and don't even try to any degree to fix their own problems. Instead, laziness kicks in and straight to the org forums
Ok, I agree with you. BUT, I think a lot of the problem for multiple stupid questions is the inability to SEARCH. This is the only forum I've visted where I can't search. On my Yahama R6 board, I've searched for AND found the answers to many of my questions. I know I've posted questions here that others have asked but what's the alternative? Manually look through a hundred pages on non-related material?

Now, I know it slows down the entire site when several people are searching at once, but it also creates pages and pages of junk when the same things are posted (and answered) several times over. However, that doesn't excuse the stupid 22" wheel questions, etc.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:41 PM
dot dot dot ...

Thats true too, but you've been here long enought to know that we used to have a search function. . . .. but it went
Old 10-19-2004, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by DanNY
that is one of the funniest clips ive ever seen posted here on the org!

Ant
Old 10-19-2004, 01:18 PM
V^___^V

I've noticed in the past year or so, maybe longer, that some of the newer members take advantage and don't even try to any degree to fix their own problems. Instead, laziness kicks in and straight to the org forums w/o reading the stickies.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:17 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Thats true too, but you've been here long enought to know that we used to have a search function. . . .. but it went
I think you have be a donating max. org member to search now.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:30 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
I think you have be a donating max. org member to search now.
True. Then you can say

Financially.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:55 PM

Old 10-19-2004, 02:57 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by ohannon7
I've become a victim of my own rage. . .
Old 10-19-2004, 05:39 PM

irony at its finist : )
Old 10-20-2004, 06:47 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by ohannon7
irony at its finist : )

FINEST

Old 10-20-2004, 07:27 AM

When i first got my car i literaly read through almost every thread, page by page for days just soaking up information, i had the urge (or problem) of wanting to know EVERYTHING about my max. Ahh, the good ol days

That should be a requirement for noobies, hehe

-r0b
Old 10-20-2004, 10:36 AM

True. . .

But

Sometimes it';s good to read in someones sig, or notice their stlye of posting on the org, i.e, Njmax is a suspension guru, Neoloc DaveB I30Mike are good for performance and all around maintenance stuff, etc etc it just takes a little getting used to but you'll learn, when I have a question, I usually know where to go to fro the answer by relating to certain topics to certain members.
But if I'm a newb, then I haven't had the chance to "learn" people's styles of posting, and I wouldn't know which name to look to for a certain question. Therefore, the fact that there is no search and the stickies contain lots of dead links still holds.

Not that I am complaining too much; it is interesting to look through some of the stuff and learn something you didn't think you would.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:57 AM

TheBigDu -- Good Point

Quick Reply: Some new orgers lazy....