General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Some new orgers lazy....

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 12:57 PM
dot dot dot ...

Yes true, I guess I can be blamed for being non-compassionate, because when I was a newbie we had search.

And thebigdu and maxpayne, I'm sure you guys have posted very valid insight or wquestions, I'm flaming the ones that don't even attempt and make an HONEST effort as I have stated before. . .So if you've never made an honest effort before posting, then yeah this is for you
Old 10-21-2004, 11:50 PM
OU > *

You know to a degree I would agree with you. But, being that I am a relative newbie and still am learning more and more every day about my Max, I realize that there will be things that come up that I need answered quickly. Sure, trying to figure out what to do with the temp sensor after installing a new air intake may seem obvious to the "veterans" of the board, but to others, it may answer their question as well. I know that this board tends to come down pretty hard on newbies and is one of the reasons that I have taken a lot of my questions off this board to members who are open to answering them without becoming annoyed. I would think that one of the reasons that this is a "forum" and not just a research database is that people like to come here and interact with other Max owners who have a greater amount of knowledge than they do, not to get shot down because they could not find their answer in the stickies. I understand that your point was meant just for the "lazy" orger newbies, but shouldn't they be given credit for trying to complete the task in the first place and then coming to the board for the answer? I figure the more org'ers, the better! No need to flame away for what may be perceived as a "lazy" question. Anyway, just my .02 at 2am in the morning, so take that for what it's worth, lol.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX

FINEST

Old 10-22-2004, 10:59 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by RobUsaf81
When i first got my car i literaly read through almost every thread, page by page for days just soaking up information, i had the urge (or problem) of wanting to know EVERYTHING about my max. Ahh, the good ol days

That should be a requirement for noobies, hehe

-r0b

maybe get for 1 day on second offense of flagrant repost? Mods could deputize a few ol' schoolers worthy to enforce this law. I'm a myself and am annoyed by the onslaught of unnecessary posts everywhere.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:35 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by RobUsaf81
When i first got my car i literaly read through almost every thread, page by page for days just soaking up information, i had the urge (or problem) of wanting to know EVERYTHING about my max. Ahh, the good ol days

That should be a requirement for noobies, hehe

-r0b
I did the same thing,Read thru every single page.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:54 AM

When I was a newbie I read A LOT!!!!! I was just reading crazy posts from everyone and figured out who was good to listen to and who was not. I also joined in the days where you didnt have to pay for "search" privlages though. you just gotta read and filter out the B.S.