General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Got car jacked last month, wanted to share my bad experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 09:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Got car jacked last month, wanted to share my bad experience

Hi guys!

I got car jacked in Tijuana Mexico this past sept the 13th, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I go down there to visit my fiance and bring back work that she does for me or my friends (she has a Graphic Design studio with digital printing). The plan that day was to go state side and purchase a new G5 computer. While I was getting some work done I see these three guys pull up in a Green explorer, they get out of the car and proceed to look over my maxima (it had a for sale sign because I wanted to upgrade to a 5th gen or get a 5 speed 4th gen).

I stepped out for a minute and asked them if they wanted me to open the car, they said yes and I unlocked the car and popped open the hood. The checked everything, the oil, the interior, the tires and the older guys asks "how's the suspension?" and I'm like it's perfect and the other guy asked "is it very fast?" and I'm like yes, it is pretty fast, and then the older guy asks "can you take us for a ride?" and I agreed. The other two guys hopped in the car with me and the older guy was going to wait for us at the design studio. About 5 blocks down the road the guy from the explorer cuts me off and the guy that was riding in the back seat ***** a gun and points it right at my neck. At this point I freak out because I didn't know if it was going to be a simple robbery or a kidnaping (common in Mexico) I try to jump out of the car but I accidently locked the door while I tried to pull on the lever to open the door. They start hitting me and the guy that was sitting next to me says "give me your wallet" by this moment the guy from the explorer got out and started hitting me as well. These people were turning me over and the guy next to me was saying "shot this mother f***) as I felt the gun pressed against my back I started to scream that I gave up, they took my wallet with all of my ID's, 3000 dlls in cash and my maxima. It took the mexican cops more than 15 minutes to get there.

While I was trying to get back home the customs inspector told me that I needed to present some kind of ID and that I should go to the local US consulate. I had to get a new passport issued and that took over a week.

Thanks to the US Consulate my car was recovered a week later, but it was a night mare to get it back because it was involved in several robberies, other car jackings and who knows what else. I had to waste several days going from one court to another. I had to get my title translated and apostiled (sp?), and I also had to fill out police reports and ID these guys when they were captured. When they found my car I spent over 13 hours in a police station filling out forms. They did manage to capture two of the guys that robbed me (thank God). When they were captured they were ridding in my maxima, had two shot guns, two 9mm guns and they were loaded and ready to use.

This is how my car looked after I got it back: http://www.ionicdynamics.com/damage.html The whole front end looked like it was going to fall off, my passenger side air bag was missing as well , front lip was ripped off, one rear valance too and my catalytic converter was also stolen.

Just wanted to share this experience with everyone, whenever you are going to sell a car don't let more than one person ride with you if you are going to test drive it and make them leave some kind of ID with someone you know. A police officer told me to give them a 30 day warranty and not to let anyone that I don't know test drive or ride in a car that I'm selling.

I just thank God that I wasn't shot and that I was able to get my car back.

Take care guys and be safe!
Old 10-31-2004, 09:52 PM
Maxima95Tuner

That sucks man. Glad to hear you're ok though. Wouldnt want to see anyone hurt or killed

*edited: bad choice of words

Old 10-31-2004, 09:55 PM
Need A Light?

Wow! what a story....glad you can share your experience with us....I hope we can all learn from this n take extra precautions when selling our maximas in the future....

btw when u took those two guys for the test drive....and when they started to get crazy on u.....were u in the middle of a busy street with witnesses or in the middle of nowhere?
Old 10-31-2004, 09:56 PM

Holy ****... goes to show property means nothing

Glad your okay and those bastards rot in hell
Old 10-31-2004, 10:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by steven88
Wow! what a story....glad you can share your experience with us....I hope we can all learn from this n take extra precautions when selling our maximas in the future....

btw when u took those two guys for the test drive....and when they started to get crazy on u.....were u in the middle of a busy street with witnesses or in the middle of nowhere?

Forgot to mention it was exactly 7:00 pm, with a lot of people going by, public Avenue, it was just at dusk with a lot of light, but yes there were at least 20 or 30 cars going by and no one did anything to help.

Thanks for the support guys!

A friend is going to give me a news paper article where you can see these f***. As soon as I get it I will scan it a post it on this thread.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:00 PM
Z

OMG, dude. I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm so damn shocked.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima95Tuner
That sucks man. Glad to hear you're ok though. Wouldnt want to see anyone hurt or killed because of those damn wetbacks. Sorry, Im not racist, I swear.
Then dont say it

unfortunately the law down there is nothing like it is here in America... I've been to many places around this world and all I can say is theres no place like America... Half the cops down there are corrupt and the only thing that talks is money. Thats why I said I'm glad hes just alive.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:15 PM
Always sunny in philly

you can trust a nun nowadays. glad to hear you ok man.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:23 PM
Reported

wow that is one crazy story. I'm glad you did not fight back. your life is worth so much more than a car or 3G's. how much dmg done to the car?
Old 11-01-2004, 12:48 AM

Glad to hear that you are OK! That sounds like a horrible experience no one should have to go through.

I'm selling my Honda now as well, and after reading that, I most definitely will be following your sound advice.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Omg they jacked you for 3,000? Why in gods name did you have 3,000 on you? Ever heard of "VISA" its every where you want to be? Or American Express Travlers checks?

What does this teach us? Dont draw attention in negative areas and dont walk around with 3,000 dollars in our pockets. I m not trying to make you feel worse than you are but brother you should know never to put yourself in to a position that could be dangerous.

Im glad your okay,.....

Proph
Old 11-01-2004, 05:09 AM

Wow thats a crazy experience.....Glad your Ok.....at least they caught 2 of those guys. Bastards....
Sorry bout your Max
Old 11-01-2004, 05:38 AM

Glad that you OK Also, I hope those pieces of **** who did this die a painful death!
Old 11-01-2004, 06:17 AM

I don't know why most people go down there acting like it's a cool place to hang out. And if you do hang out down there, you're just asking for trouble. I've been there, stayed for a couple of ours and got the hell out.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:53 AM

Glad to hear your ok man. the important thing is you got out safe. sorry about your car but atleast you have you life. hopw everything sorts itself out
Old 11-01-2004, 08:12 AM

Glad to hear you are ok. Most important thing is your safe. Hope those ****s get wat they deserve....
Old 11-01-2004, 08:15 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

sorry man that sucks. Glad your ok
Old 11-01-2004, 08:19 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Ant96GLE
...Glad your okay and those bastards rot in hell
Worse... Mexican Prison.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:31 AM
我爱台湾

Sorry to hear about your car man. Happy to hear you got out of there with your life still intact. Materials can be replaced, a life cannot. It's good they got 2 of the guys and hopefully they'll get the other one. This is the time they need to cane folks like they did with the dude in Singapore. That'll teach um to **ck with you again.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:10 AM

Umm... since you were near your lady's job, any chance of the third guy coming after her? Or of all three going when they get out, assuming they actually go to jail?
Old 11-01-2004, 09:32 AM

Wow, glad that you got of all of this unscaved(sp?).. be safe with how you do business with people.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:40 AM
Custom User Title

Note to self: Do not sell car in Mexico and let people drive it.

Good thing you're okay.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by gtr_rider
unscaved(sp?)
unscathed.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:53 AM
no more maxima...

Holy crap you are lucky to be alive.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:28 PM

wow what a crappy experience... but definately glad that you're ok! life is definately more important than your max or money.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Prophecy1
Omg they jacked you for 3,000? Why in gods name did you have 3,000 on you? Ever heard of "VISA" its every where you want to be? Or American Express Travlers checks?

What does this teach us? Dont draw attention in negative areas and dont walk around with 3,000 dollars in our pockets. I m not trying to make you feel worse than you are but brother you should know never to put yourself in to a position that could be dangerous.

Im glad your okay,.....

Proph
you make it sound as if he was flashing his money around... it just happened that he had the money and was planning on purchasing a computer that day.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:54 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by Nismotic
you can trust a nun nowadays. glad to hear you ok man.
Amen to that!!! The only person you can trust is the one you look in the mirror at.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:11 PM

Be thankful your alive and be well.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:27 PM

man, thats messed up, goes to show you that you cant trust anyone, never. glad to hear your ok and most of all, they found two of em.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:35 PM
will fly for food

OMG... that reallllly sucks.. glad you're OK though
Old 11-01-2004, 06:58 PM

Glad you still have your life man. Good to see that the plus was receiving your car back.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:08 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

pulled a gun out and jacked this poor guy for an air bag and a lip and don't forget to mention a cat, WTF is wrong with people these days.

glad your ok though. keep your head up.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Badaxxima
Umm... since you were near your lady's job, any chance of the third guy coming after her? Or of all three going when they get out, assuming they actually go to jail?
I really don't know, she has a security guard now and I spend more time with her and I keep a Colt 45 handy. Fortunatetly I wasn't the only guy that got jacked by these mother f****, they are going down for at least five other crimes, and they actually used the max as a getaway car when they robbed a book store and jacked this other guy driving a Passat.

And thanks to everyone for the support and kind words, I REALLY AM LUCKY TO BE ALIVE, and like everyone points out the max and some money aren't worth getting killed for. Everyone be safe, I know that the good old USA isn't that dangerous, but still keep an eye out.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:16 PM

Thats why you dont goto mexico!
Old 11-02-2004, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by apbrian112
you make it sound as if he was flashing his money around... it just happened that he had the money and was planning on purchasing a computer that day.

Well everyone here knows that when you have a maxima or any nice car modded really nice then you will draw attention. They saw a good looking car and an american and said "BINGO, one born every day" The 3000 is stupid cause you can buy a computer with several other forms of currency. I wouldnt carry that much money on me period.. NEVER, I m a firm believer in guns and I still dont carry that kinda cash.

I m sorry if this sounds me but I just hope you learn some street smarts.

Proph
Old 11-02-2004, 02:33 AM

Sorry to hear about that Jose. Glad to hear that your ok and walked away without any harm coming to you. THis is truely a ****ed up world that we got to worry about such things. I guess im not going to mexico.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by topdog1207
Sorry to hear about that Jose. Glad to hear that your ok and walked away without any harm coming to you. THis is truely a ****ed up world that we got to worry about such things. I guess im not going to mexico.

Depends on where at in mexico you go. Stay close to border towns, go with a large group, do NOT drive but walk across and if possible take somone who can speak spanish.
We go to Mexico just about every year for spring break to party.
I wouldnt go down deep in mexico.
I went to boystown, and that was crazy enough.

Good to hear from ya Jose. Take care man.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:46 PM

dam man, once your okay thats the most important thing. dam i feel sorry for your car
Old 11-02-2004, 02:35 PM

glad to see them messicans can apreciate a good maxima and kept it as their getaway car of choice

oh yeah good to see you got out of it more or less unscathed
Old 11-02-2004, 06:04 PM

puts what is really important into perspective. atleast you made it out ok. Kinda funny that they were askin about the suspension, they already had it mapped out to be a get-away car

Quick Reply: Got car jacked last month, wanted to share my bad experience