General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Curious Who "does" car shows......

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2001, 07:15 PM
Master Will

I mean who goes and shows their Maximas and "competes" NOPI,HIN,and any local shows. Or does Exhibition Shows? I just did an exhibition show yesteday. My small town had a Blooming(Dogwood Trees and shubbery)Festival with a Classic Car Show(I was the only one with a "new" car they welcomed me and I held my own with the older guys we had about 25 cars and trucks in all including mine they all had 1970's and earlier Hot Rods, Fords and Chevys before I was even born. This was just a show as in show your car and tell about your car and answer questions the older crowd really liked my car and showed me kindness and respect they where old enough to be my dad or grandad(I will post pics next week). The older guys really studied my car and took in all of my mods and showed "appreciation" to my car(they have never seen a Real Brushed Aluminum Dash Kit before they all are used to wood grain) and being part of the new generation shoe car...which was real cool. They invited me to a competition show this Saturday and I am going to "compete" in it. But I am just curious who shos and who is going to in the future put there Maximas in shows Exhibition or Competition.

Old 04-15-2001, 07:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by metallic97gxe
I mean who goes and shows their Maximas and "competes" NOPI,HIN,and any local shows. Or does Exhibition Shows? I just did an exhibition show yesteday. My small town had a Blooming(Dogwood Trees and shubbery)Festival with a Classic Car Show(I was the only one with a "new" car they welcomed me and I held my own with the older guys we had about 25 cars and trucks in all including mine they all had 1970's and earlier Hot Rods, Fords and Chevys before I was even born. This was just a show as in show your car and tell about your car and answer questions the older crowd really liked my car and showed me kindness and respect they where old enough to be my dad or grandad(I will post pics next week). The older guys really studied my car and took in all of my mods and showed "appreciation" to my car(they have never seen a Real Brushed Aluminum Dash Kit before they all are used to wood grain) and being part of the new generation shoe car...which was real cool. They invited me to a competition show this Saturday and I am going to "compete" in it. But I am just curious who shos and who is going to in the future put there Maximas in shows Exhibition or Competition.

I don't compete because I don't feel like I'm "up to it" like I feel like if I showed up I'd be sorta laughed out of the place.. I kinda get the idea these things are for the true pros, not the "casual connoisseur" like me .. I know all shows are different, some good for guys like me and some for the true blue, PERFECT cars... I see too many little things wrong with my car to feel confident enough I guess.. I know it sounds lame..