General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

A GTP owner in chicago wants to run a max.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2000, 01:10 PM

Here is a message from a GTP owner in chicago issueing a challenge to any max in chicago.

http://forums.clubsi.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/004002-2.html

Originally posted by GTPguy97:

You want to know how it would do without the SC? Well, there are more than a few GT owners running mid-15's with the NA 3800, one is running as fast as 15.2 (I dont know if I believe that one myself) and thats (supposedly) with just a K & N filter. Id say thats just about fast enough to run with any of the Maxima's, including the 5 speeds. Im sure Maxima's breaking into the 14's are a rarity. It is true that the latest Max is slower than the previous one, right? Ive just never had a Maxima show me anything on the street, and many have tried. Im sure a good percentage of them were automatics, but some were 5-speeds...no doubt. Ive also never seen a Max at the strip but if they are anything like SHO's then they are a ***** to launch and low 15's is the norm. Im just not into the high-winding, I get my power at 4000 rpm, lets run up top cars. I want it all, and I want it now.......the GTP does that no question.

Later,

(P.S.) Anyone know of a Max in the Chicago area that would like to show me how wrong I am?

Old 08-23-2000, 01:17 PM

Does the challenge apply to me..

I'm in Chicago. I think I would have to remove my boost gauge. Otherwise he would be too scared.
Old 08-23-2000, 01:28 PM
NeO OnE 2

Funny guy

C' mon Max owners from the windy city! Represent our club & bi*ch slap his GTP!!!!!!
Man...I wish he was from my neck of the woods, I have shown many GTP's what's up w/ da Max=)

Old 08-23-2000, 01:28 PM

Hey Steve I see you ran a 2.4 60ft time. You should consider getting some drag radials on a 14" rim. Also how much boost are you running? Your trapspeed is about the same as a 5spd SC max with bolt ons and 6psi. I bet that if you ran a 2.1 or 2.2 60ft your ET would go down to a 13.7-14.0. I ran a 2.3 60ft with my pepboys 195/60-15s, I know you can squeeze at least a 2.2 with DR's.
Old 08-23-2000, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by Nismo87SE
Hey Steve I see you ran a 2.4 60ft time. You should consider getting some drag radials on a 14" rim. Also how much boost are you running? Your trapspeed is about the same as a 5spd SC max with bolt ons and 6psi. I bet that if you ran a 2.1 or 2.2 60ft your ET would go down to a 13.7-14.0. I ran a 2.3 60ft with my pepboys 195/60-15s, I know you can squeeze at least a 2.2 with DR's.
I didn't have any traction problems. I need a 3000rpm stall. I'm getting a Level 10 stall in Sept.
Old 08-23-2000, 04:24 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Here is a message from a GTP owner in chicago issueing a challenge to any max in chicago.

You want to know how it would do without the SC? Well, there are more than a few GT owners running mid-15's with the NA 3800, one is running as fast as 15.2 (I dont know if I believe that one myself) and thats (supposedly) with just a K & N filter. Id say thats just about fast enough to run with any of the Maxima's, including the 5 speeds. Im sure Maxima's breaking into the 14's are a rarity. It is true that the latest Max is slower than the previous one, right? Ive just never had a Maxima show me anything on the street, and many have tried. Im sure a good percentage of them were automatics, but some were 5-speeds...no doubt. Ive also never seen a Max at the strip but if they are anything like SHO's then they are a ***** to launch and low 15's is the norm. Im just not into the high-winding, I get my power at 4000 rpm, lets run up top cars. I want it all, and I want it now.......the GTP does that no question.

Later,

(P.S.) Anyone know of a Max in the Chicago area that would like to show me how wrong I am?

take em down steve....i think its about time people stop talkin' smack about maximas...its ignorant fools like that guy that need a lesson taught....i say meet him at the strip
Old 08-23-2000, 04:30 PM
The missing moderator

Originally posted by Chris91SE

Later,

take em down steve....i think its about time people stop talkin' smack about maximas...its ignorant fools like that guy that need a lesson taught....i say meet him at the strip

Ahh but wait.... without a supercharger Auto maxima are not a match for the GTP... even 5speeds would require a driver with decent shifting skills to out run it.. one mistake and it's over.

That GTP owner didn't seem like too big of an ***. I believe that he has raced many auto maximas and beat them.

-Shing
Old 08-23-2000, 04:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well if there's a track nearby, someone post over there on his offer.

If not, f*ck it.
Old 08-23-2000, 06:04 PM

Are you sure Steve? Because off boost your car has around 15-30lb-ft at the wheels more than my car does. I don't know what kind of rims you run on but you should try stock wheels. Your car should have more lowend power than mine does plus you have a shift kit and TC. Did you deflate your tires to around 19-22psi in the fronts? When I rode in Don in Texas's car with the NOS off, it took off the line very quickly. In my service manual it says my stock stall speed should be 2100-2200. If you have a 2300rpm stall then its not much of an improvement.
Old 08-23-2000, 06:09 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by Shingles

Ahh but wait.... without a supercharger Auto maxima are not a match for the GTP... even 5speeds would require a driver with decent shifting skills to out run it.. one mistake and it's over.

That GTP owner didn't seem like too big of an ***. I believe that he has raced many auto maximas and beat them.

-Shing

i agree with you...i was unaware steve was an auto...one way around that would be to get the VB mod...then maybe it'll be on
Old 08-23-2000, 07:35 PM

-Shing

i agree with you...i was unaware steve was an auto...one way around that would be to get the VB mod...then maybe it'll be on
I've aready beat the 14.36 @ 95.60 that the GTP guy ran. I ran 14.09 @ 100.9 with the small block V6. When my 3000rpm stall gets here from Level 10 it will be lights out for him.
Old 08-23-2000, 07:37 PM

I've attempted to reply to his challenge but

apparently it takes a while to get 'approved' to post on that board.
Old 08-23-2000, 11:01 PM
The missing moderator

Originally posted by SteveChicagoSC

-Shing

I've aready beat the 14.36 @ 95.60 that the GTP guy ran. I ran 14.09 @ 100.9 with the small block V6. When my 3000rpm stall gets here from Level 10 it will be lights out for him.

yeah but you are not exactly stock. I was referring to stock auto vs stock GTP.
Old 08-24-2000, 02:38 AM

Stock..

[B]

yeah but you are not exactly stock. I was referring to stock auto vs stock GTP.
Stock GTP is supercharged, right? Its sorta a fair comparison.. :>

As for their GT's with filters, their times look similar..
Old 08-24-2000, 04:23 AM

The track just laid VHT down, it stuck like glue

Are you sure Steve? Because off boost your car has around 15-30lb-ft at the wheels more than my car does. I don't know what kind of rims you run on but you should try stock wheels. Your car should have more lowend power than mine does plus you have a shift kit and TC. Did you deflate your tires to around 19-22psi in the fronts? When I rode in Don in Texas's car with the NOS off, it took off the line very quickly. In my service manual it says my stock stall speed should be 2100-2200. If you have a 2300rpm stall then its not much of an improvement.
On the Street I come out of the hole harder as I get some tire spin. At the track I almost go no tire spin due to all the VHT/rubber. My converter mod didn't do much at 23-2400 rpm.

I was running my 45psi in my tires that day.
Old 08-24-2000, 08:36 AM

[/B][/QUOTE] [/B][/QUOTE]

take em down steve....i think its about time people stop talkin' smack about maximas...its ignorant fools like that guy that need a lesson taught....i say meet him at the strip [/B][/QUOTE]

-Shing [/B][/QUOTE]

WHATS UP FELLAS??? Damn, seems Ive created quite a stir. Thanks Shing, I wasn't trying to be an *** and Im glad somebody saw it that way. What I was trying to do is relate my honest experiences with Maxima's, that being that I have run many with my current car (GTP) and my previous cars (2 SHO's, 1 auto, 1 5-speed) and I have yet to run accross a Max that put up much of a challenge. Im sure alot of them could've been automatics, but a couple I know were 5-speeds including a 00 5-speed that I beat pretty soundly when my car was still stock. So, yeah Id LOVE to run a Max that thinks they are fast. If you guys want to start throwing SC Max's at me, fine. As long as they are automatics. What I was really looking for was a 5-speed Max that is maybe modded about 30hp over stock, which is about where Im at. That would be fair, dont y'all think? What Im trying to say is I believe in a stock vs. stock or similar mods vs. similar mods race the Max doesn't stand a chance against a GTP. I dont want to hear the "but you have a Supercharger" excuse, I cant help that it has an SC....thats how Pontiac made it. Nissan made theirs how they made it, and thats it. I like Maxima's (believe it or not), I think they are sweet looking cars (great commercials too!!), but I dont think they are on the same page performance-wise as a GTP. Again, this is from personal experiences. Ive seen tons of GTP's run at the track, 0 Maxima's............so maybe I just need to see some run to change my mind. But I also know that Maxima's are very similar to SHO's, with the high-winding motor, strong top-end, and the fact that they are an absolute ***** to launch. Thanks for your time, I hope this clears things up as to where I stand. Im not trying to be an egotistical ***, I know my car is not the fastest thing on the road.

Later,
Old 08-24-2000, 08:50 AM

Originally posted by doug
stock 00 Maxima VS Stock GTP

no.. a stock 5spd maxima will beat the GTP , they are both 0 - 60 in 6.7 and since the maxima's power comes later on, the GTP would start to get its *** kicked after 80 mph... and your not stock anymore my friend....

Thanks for the info on my not being stock, I didn't know that.....I was wondering why this car is so damn fast.

Thats why I was wanting to run with a mildly modded 5-speed Max. Fair, get it?

And you can believe that a Max will take a GTP, I obviously wont make you think otherwise. I will believe what I have seen firsthand.....mostly, what I have raced. Secondly, what Ive seen from GTP's at the strip....some stock GTP's running as fast as 14.50's but a solid average of 14.70-14.80's. I know the book numbers on both (6.7 & 15.1), I also know which is easier to drive....which would explain the GTP being able to achieve better times.

Later,
Old 08-24-2000, 08:55 AM

oh keep looking around this BBS, you will find a guy named Jeff K who ran better than your GTP does NOW without his car having a superchager..

have a nice day

[/B][/QUOTE]

And this proves what??? That somebody, somewhere has modded the snot out of a Maxima to make it really fast. Great! For every car made there is somebody out there who has modded it to the gills and made it fast. So? Im talking in a stock vs. stock run or SIMILAR mods.

Later,
Old 08-24-2000, 09:08 AM

simular mods would include a supercharger..

and for you.. a smaller pulley..

Uh, no Doug. Thats how my car came, it is not a mod. My car came STOCK with a supercharger. The pulley is a mod, the CAI is a mod, the SC itself is NOT a mod.

Later,
Old 08-24-2000, 09:39 AM

NA max vs GTP...

Well I don't know if you noticed Doug (no offense) but his car has alot more torque at the lowend. This enables him to run 2-5 tenths quicker than a NA max would. His trapspeed isn't that far away from a full NA bolt on max. But the fact remains he would probably win the 1/4 race because he has such a lead from teh start I don't think a NA max can make up the difference in a 1/4. Now if it was a 1/2 race the Max should catch up. Also his car vs a SC auto would be a very close race. Both would run simular trapspeeds but, again due to his torque advantage he probably will win. After all I beat 5spd 3rd gens in my car before too and I run side by side with SI/GSR's until 55mph. Shoot I would even race him if I lived in chicago, nevermind his time is probably 1.5-2.0 seconds faster than mine . Its all about having fun ain't it?
Old 08-24-2000, 10:19 AM
Ramon

[QUOTE]Originally posted by doug
[B]simular mods would include a supercharger..

and for you.. a smaller pulley..

Originally posted by GTPguy97
oh keep looking around this BBS, you will find a guy named Jeff K who ran better than your GTP does NOW without his car having a superchager..

have a nice day

Like GTPguy97 said already, the SC is a STOCK component of the GTP, not aftermarket. That's like saying lets mod our GTP's with a few hundred lbs of weight reduction to match the maxima's weight. (even though the weight advantage of the maxima is stock and not a mod)

Old 08-24-2000, 10:28 AM
The missing moderator

stock 00 Maxima VS Stock GTP

no.. a stock 5spd maxima will beat the GTP , they are both 0 - 60 in 6.7 and since the maxima's power comes later on, the GTP would start to get its *** kicked after 80 mph... and your not stock anymore my friend....
For the sake of sanity, let's stop throwing around the 6.6 and 6.7 figure. Fact is only motor trend seems to be able to put out that number. In reality, most people will run 7 flat, 6.9s.

Just being realistic.
Old 08-24-2000, 11:29 AM

but if you guys want to come down on me.. oww shyte.. let me just shut F up then..

I am done with this topic.. moving on..

Darn, you're giving up already? I just got here and was just getting warmed up.....starting to have fun. I loved the guys response who said he'd love to run me even though he's probably 1.5-2.0 seconds slower. He's right, it is all about having fun. Thats the exact attitude I have when I launch it hard right next to an LS1 SS or WS6......Im going to get my *** kicked, but I'll admit it and enjoy it. Some people just have a hard time admitting that another car is faster than theirs. Of course the gap between a LS1 and a GTP is alot bigger than the gap between a GTP and a max but the fact remains the GTP will win the 1/4 mile battle. Ive been on the other side, I know EXACTLY how you guys feel. I had a 5-speed SHO for 3 years and there was no doubt in my mind that I could beat GTP's with it. I had a couple of semi-races against GTP's on the street and won. Then I went to the strip and there was a group of GTP's running 14.60-14.80's stock and I pulled a best of 15.3, needless to say I was so impressed I had the for sale signs in the window of that SHO the next week. But it is all in fun....to some.

Later,
Old 08-24-2000, 12:13 PM
Keven97SE

This thread is stupid ->

Stock GTPs are faster than stock 5spd Maximas by a bit. They are substantially faster than auto Maximas. The fastest stock Maxima time I've ever seen was a 5spd 2000, which *barely* broke into the 14.9's. Our cars have such traction issues, really low 15's is about all you can expect on street tires from a 4th or 5th gen 5spd.

For ~$2000 in engine mods, modded GTPs get even faster than modded Maxima 5spds, too. Adding 30 HP to a Maxima is possible but only with pretty much all the available engine mods. Adding 35 HP to a GTP is no problem at all...adding 50+ HP is more typical. And loaaaads more torque. The car IS supercharged, remember? Bit of an advantage, guys. I agree with Shing, too...7.0s 0-60 are more typical of 4th gen/5th gen Maximas...6.6/6.7 were "miracle" runs. My best time via GTech (dynoed 190+ HP @ wheels) is only 6.4, 1/4 14.7. It's damn hard to go fast if the tires break loose. And that's not an excuse...it's reality that the Maxima sucks traction-wise.

Once a Maxima is supercharged, both cars are fast as snot. I've seen low 13s from GTPs and SC Maximas. Fine. We're set there.

But, guess what? THEY'RE BOTH FWD so we're both screwed in the "who's gonna be fastest" war. GTPs being heavy actually have an advantage here...280+++ ftlbs of torque will easily make up for any weight/transmission disadvantage.

That all said and done, I'd still take my Maxima over a GTP. I just don't care for Pontiac's interiors, although the GTP is a nice looking car on the outside. I actually like the way the Maxima handles when modded (with decent struts, too)...and the car is reliable as a tank.

But I bet the GTP has more than 1 thin layer of body paint. Chock up one big advantage to the GTP.

Old 08-24-2000, 12:18 PM
Ramon

I definatly agree that GM's interiors pretty much suck. I'll take the interior on my Maxima any day over my GTP.

-Ramon

Old 08-24-2000, 12:21 PM

How about Bryan H anyone?

Who's ran faster than Jeff K, with less mods, at a ****ty *** track(KCIR). 3rd gen powah!
Old 08-24-2000, 12:28 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Jeff K's car doesn't have the snot modded out of it. I believe he only has intake and exhaust type mods. And an underdrive pulley.

ZuM

And this proves what??? That somebody, somewhere has modded the snot out of a Maxima to make it really fast. Great! For every car made there is somebody out there who has modded it to the gills and made it fast. So? Im talking in a stock vs. stock run or SIMILAR mods.

Later, [/B]
Old 08-24-2000, 02:36 PM
2daMax

I'll take you up on that offer

If you know how to drive your maxima right, and if you put in an air filter, such as the K & N, you are sure to beat out a lot of cars out on the road. I am high school student in the windy city and I have beaten numerous friends in their mustangs, eclipses, etc. It all comes down to how well you drive the car. Trust me, the Maxima is one of the most underrated cars out on the market.

Old 08-24-2000, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by ZuMBLe
Jeff K's car doesn't have the snot modded out of it. I believe he only has intake and exhaust type mods. And an underdrive pulley.

ZuM

So, a guy with just some intake and exhaust mods is running better than a 14.36? Sounds like a freak of nature to me, wouldn't you say? Unless of course there are lots of guys running these times with similar mods, which I doubt. Theres a guy in Canada who claims he has run a 14.20 with exactly 0 performance mods with his Regal GS. Do I believe him? No way. In either of these cases Id believe it when I see it.

Later,
Old 08-24-2000, 02:47 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: This thread is stupid ->

Actually 14.7 has been run in a stock 5spd 2000 Maxima. Hint, his name starts with a S on this club.

Originally posted by Keven97SE

Stock GTPs are faster than stock 5spd Maximas by a bit. They are substantially faster than auto Maximas. The fastest stock Maxima time I've ever seen was a 5spd 2000, which *barely* broke into the 14.9's. Our cars have such traction issues, really low 15's is about all you can expect on street tires from a 4th or 5th gen 5spd.

For ~$2000 in engine mods, modded GTPs get even faster than modded Maxima 5spds, too. Adding 30 HP to a Maxima is possible but only with pretty much all the available engine mods. Adding 35 HP to a GTP is no problem at all...adding 50+ HP is more typical. And loaaaads more torque. The car IS supercharged, remember? Bit of an advantage, guys. I agree with Shing, too...7.0s 0-60 are more typical of 4th gen/5th gen Maximas...6.6/6.7 were "miracle" runs. My best time via GTech (dynoed 190+ HP @ wheels) is only 6.4, 1/4 14.7. It's damn hard to go fast if the tires break loose. And that's not an excuse...it's reality that the Maxima sucks traction-wise.

Once a Maxima is supercharged, both cars are fast as snot. I've seen low 13s from GTPs and SC Maximas. Fine. We're set there.

But, guess what? THEY'RE BOTH FWD so we're both screwed in the "who's gonna be fastest" war. GTPs being heavy actually have an advantage here...280+++ ftlbs of torque will easily make up for any weight/transmission disadvantage.

That all said and done, I'd still take my Maxima over a GTP. I just don't care for Pontiac's interiors, although the GTP is a nice looking car on the outside. I actually like the way the Maxima handles when modded (with decent struts, too)...and the car is reliable as a tank.

But I bet the GTP has more than 1 thin layer of body paint. Chock up one big advantage to the GTP.

Old 08-24-2000, 02:49 PM

Originally posted by 2daMax
If you know how to drive your maxima right, and if you put in an air filter, such as the K & N, you are sure to beat out a lot of cars out on the road. I am high school student in the windy city and I have beaten numerous friends in their mustangs, eclipses, etc. It all comes down to how well you drive the car. Trust me, the Maxima is one of the most underrated cars out on the market.

Another one fooled by the supposed magic of the K & N air filter. Dont think that you are gaining too much from a free flowing air filter. I think it has been determined that a drop-in will net you about 2-3hp while a cone will get you around 5. Not exactly something thats going to throw you back in your seat and say "Whooooooooooaaaa".

As for your car and what you have beaten, I'll assume your car is a 5-speed. No way you're beating Stangs and Eclipses with an auto. And are these cars V8 GT's and Turbo Eclipses or the lesser models? What part of Chicago are you in? Maybe you'd like to show me how well you can drive your Maxima.

Later,
Old 08-24-2000, 03:00 PM

I said I would shut up.. but one more post..

oh he ran 14.36.. sorry for the error

Nice slip, great scan. Tied me, pretty cool. Funny, 14.30 is just about an average time for a GTP with exactly $80 in mods. Once again, are there alot of guys running times like this.....or is this Jeff K a flash in the pan?

Later,

Old 08-24-2000, 03:02 PM

Damn, this comes up every three months or so. Can't we all just accept that the GTP get's more speed at the expense of a ****ty interior, while our max is a tad slower but has a lot more in the refinement department? Easy enough

Another thing to keep in mind... The GTP has a really nasty torque curve, a lot of low end but it dies off pretty quick. The maxima has a relatively flat torque curve from about 1500-5000 rpms. The 2k also has more topend. I'm not so sure that either car would be a clear winner, a 5 spd max I think would be pretty equal if the driver could luanch. Let's face it, the GTP just has to floor a gas pedal (wusses!), so the max will need an optimum launch to not get smoked. If the GTP doesn't pull ahead to far at the beginning, I think the max has a good shot since it should be able to pull as the GTP get's out of it's powerband.

Oh yeah, and our nice flat torque curve makes our car a better daily driver, regardless of who is faster
Old 08-24-2000, 03:05 PM

Re: This thread is stupid ->

I agree with everything you said except 2 things...........

I dont think this thread is stupid, whats wrong with talking a little smack with the competition? Its fun, I LOVE a good argument. Ive been through it with several owners on many different sites. 5.9 R/T's, SC T-birds, SHO's, Impala SS's, etc. All nice rides, but all a click or two behind the GTP in the power department.

Also, I dont know why people seem to pick on the GP's interior. I know its a little overdone in plastic, but what are other carmakers building their interior's out of? Wood? Metal? My Taurus interior was the same way, a little nicer leather maybe. I just dont see what people are picking on. Maybe I haven't owned enough cars to notice a real difference, or see the what the GP's lack. Then again, at this point in my life I really only care about one thing ....acceleration. Maybe that will change in time but Ive been obsessed with speed since I was about 3.....my dad used to haul me around in a 68 GTO!

Later,

Lets try some pics........

Old 08-24-2000, 03:06 PM

Re: Re: This thread is stupid ->

Bummer, stupid pixhost.
Old 08-24-2000, 03:20 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: This thread is stupid ->

Bummer, stupid pixhost.
GTP, send me the pics to my email at czotz@satx.rr.com and I will put them on my server for you so we can put them up.

Old 08-24-2000, 03:22 PM
RussMaxManiac

Actually the JWT pop yields 5-8 hp on the MAXIMA, the CAI yields around 8-13 hp. My 2000 Maxima when I had it gained .4 tenths in a 1/4 with a CAI. The YPIPE I put on it though gained 20 hp to the wheels from stock on a dyno jet.

Old 08-24-2000, 04:49 PM
Keven97SE

You guys know that's BS to mention Jeff K's ->

14.36 run...that was on drag radials. A realistic number is his 14.6 on street tires. And remember, he goes to the strip a lot from what I gather so has excellent technique. I think my car has more power adders, but I think that even if I could drive like him (very, very big if, mind you), I'd only *maybe* be able to get a 14.5, as his dyno'd HP wasn't all that much lower than mine.

So I think that at the moment with the current level of n/a bolt ons available for the Max, I'd guess a 14.5 on street tires is absolutely the best somebody can muster...now a 5th gen may be able to beat that by a couple tenths, but that remains to be seen.

Old 08-24-2000, 04:55 PM
Keven97SE

Plus, you guys can talk HP all you want ->

damn, my car dynoed over 190 HP to the wheels, ie over 230 at the crank. Combined with my low ~3000 lb car weight, stick the numbers into any 1/4mi estimation program, and hell, I should be keeping up with M3s, running low 14's in the 1/4 and high 5's 0-60...but do I??? Hell no. Neither does anybody else here...Jeff K comes closest than anybody, though.

You guys can *never* lose...and will argue all day about this...really starts making you look silly, like the guys that STILL talk trash after they got pummelled. It's like "****, shut the hell up already"...you'll win by annoyance, though.

Old 08-24-2000, 05:01 PM

Why compare dollar for dollar

I agree with everything you said except 2 things...........

I dont think this thread is stupid, whats wrong with talking a little smack with the competition? Its fun, I LOVE a good argument. Ive been through it with several owners on many different sites. 5.9 R/T's, SC T-birds, SHO's, Impala SS's, etc. All nice rides, but all a click or two behind the GTP in the power department.

Also, I dont know why people seem to pick on the GP's interior. I know its a little overdone in plastic, but what are other carmakers building their interior's out of? Wood? Metal? My Taurus interior was the same way, a little nicer leather maybe. I just dont see what people are picking on. Maybe I haven't owned enough cars to notice a real difference, or see the what the GP's lack. Then again, at this point in my life I really only care about one thing ....acceleration. Maybe that will change in time but Ive been obsessed with speed since I was about 3.....my dad used to haul me around in a 68 GTO!

Later,

If thats the case I should have bought a mustang and gone low 12's no problems... That would be too easy. That's the reason why my car has people coming up to me after a 14.0 run asking a bunch of questions. My buddy with a 12.6 supra runs but nobody cares. Why??? They are a dime a dozen and easy to make fast. Similar to the GTP. Don't get me wrong, I like the GTP and applaud Pontiac for producing a supercharged ride. I wish we had the research and parts availability that the GTP does. Then again.. if we it would be too easy and I would have a dime ride at the track.

I've raced 4 GTP's and beat them all. I even spot them .8 liters... I know there are faster GTPs than my ride out there... by all rights... but I've never come across one.

Quick Reply: A GTP owner in chicago wants to run a max.......