General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

alright my car must be invisible...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 10:30 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

alright my car must be invisible...

CUZ I FREAKIN GOT HIT AGAIN. a;sldfja;fasdf

everytime i detail my car, within a week, it gets hit by a car. And I rarely do full details! Within the past year, I've had ~6k worth of body work done in three instances. I got rear ended, backed into while I was still in my car in a parking lot, and even earlier had my car backed into by neighbors.

Well, i think it's the same neighbors again. I didn't get home till 4AM last night from Denny's... in fact, I remember at 4AM when I left i approached my car with the whole driver side in my plain view and it looked fine.

I woke up this morning at 8 and saw my car with the dent on it. From where it was parked (in front of my house), it could have been backed into. The damage is a bit high, which leads me to suspect my neighbors in front since they have two trucks.

I had to leave for work, so I just left my car there and took my brother's maxima. Both their trucks were gone this morning... I will have to take a look at their trucks and hope to find damage there and if the height of their bumper and my car match, then they should accept it was their fault.

I don't want to have to call the cops like I did last time and have their car towed away as a hit/run....

asdlkjfa;sdlkjasdf what should i do now?
Old 12-23-2004, 10:34 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

and i actually have a pic of their truck... took it to post on OT about how there was a new thing goin around about puttin ***** on people's cars/trucks.

that's the truck I suspect.

you think height is the same as damage?

Old 12-23-2004, 10:39 AM

ouch, sorry to hear that. Im pretty sure your neighbors will deny it.
It looks like the repair $$ will be comming out of your wallet. Sorry bro.
If it makes you feel any better, your car looks clean and shiny.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:45 AM

Sorry to hear about your luck. Of course your neighbor is going to deny it. And I doubt there will be any damage to the back of that Ram. If there was any scuff marks, they probably had them buffed out already. It looks like you may have to be "creative" here in exacting some justice.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:46 AM

it's hard to tell cuz his driveway is at an angle, but it looks possible. you were parked in the street right? is any of your paint on his bumper?
Old 12-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

STOP PARKING YOUR CAR IN THE STREET!!!!!! Your just asking for them to keep backing into it. From the first time you should have learned your neighbors can't drive for $hit.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:49 AM

Oh yea, and call the cops, they have to learn that they shouldn't be hitting peoples cars and running from it. They have to get responsible for their actions.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:52 AM

I thank GOD I park my car on my driveway. I would probably get thrown in jail if I came out and say my car with a dent that big in it!

Good luck with the neigbors but if they did hit your car and didn't come to you about it they are not going to admit anything and with no witnesses you are in a tough situation.
Ford Only.

ouch, that hurts...it is going to be tough to prove it.

they must really like ***** cause they are hanging from their cars, all those ***** and a ***** boat.
vicodin ... gift of life

*******it i parked on the street cuz by the time i came home at night, the driveway was full. we're so extending the driveway this summer.

aklsdfj;lasdfj;lsdaf

there isn't any paint on my car... just alot of dusting in that area and the scuffing on the paint. His bumper is chrome so i can only hope he hit my car and didn't notice it. i'd imagine to notice something liek that, he would have made alot more damage.

they also have a black denali that i see in front of their house for the last couple of weeks... coulda been that truck too, but they parallel park it on the other side of the street so i dunno at what angle they could have hit me with that SUV.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:53 AM

I think you need to keep your car far away from your neighbors as possible... Or keep your car in the front and keep a video cam recording from your house on your car 24/7 so if it happens again, you'll have proof that it was them
Old 12-23-2004, 10:54 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

oh yeah, today was garbage day too, so it could have been the garbag man sideswiping my car somehow... then again, i would imagine him leaving a trail along the side of my car.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:19 AM

F*CK THAT!!! when u *** home one nite just go get a f*cking hammer and show em whos boss!!!
Old 12-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Horra!!

WTF?!?! You need to find somewhere safe for your Max. This is getting ridiculous....
Old 12-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

He has blue *****.....
Old 12-23-2004, 12:36 PM
VIP Maxima

garage keep that car man, garage keep it

Old 12-23-2004, 12:37 PM

Sounds like your neighbor likes to do some good old drinking and driving
Old 12-23-2004, 12:53 PM
VTEC This!

seriously, call the cops again, **** THOSE *******S!!!!! ****IN COCKY ****S THINK THEY CAN HIT YOUR CAR, AND NOT SAY ANYTHING!! BULL**** MAN, GET THEIR CARS TOWED, THEY WANNA **** AROUND, THEN **** WITH THEM BACK EVEN WORSE!! follow him to work one day, or just when they go shopping, and take a hammer to the exterior just in one big spot, so it looks like someone nailed them. no proof it was you. **** those *******s im pissed!
Old 12-23-2004, 12:57 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

lol

they're decent neighbors... my only guess is they did not notice it. When their truck comes back, i'm goin to take a look at the bumper and see if there was any scruffing.

The last time I called the cops was because they weren't home and I didn't know what else to do. The cops came out and measured the height of where the bumper and damage was in order to match the car... that and there was paint residue from their car.

Hopefully it won't go that far...
Old 12-23-2004, 03:42 PM
brotherhood of tq

maybe you should stop detailing your car....thier full of envy.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:46 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

never

on the driver side of the car, that's the only door that hasn't been repainted/re-clearcoated recently...

their trucks still haven't come back so i'm waitin to look for damage... well i won't be back till night, but my bros are on the lookout for me at home.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:46 PM

or the glare from your paint blinds them
Old 12-23-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

IM sorry to hear this again. thats really bad when people that dont know you, like me, remember that your car has been hit repeatedly while parked in the street. How much of your paint is original?

I long for the day I get into a fender bender. I mean yes its a terribly anoying/frusterating ordeal but i need an excuse to get some new paint on the car.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:35 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

let's see...

original paint is on the trunk, the door that got hit today, the two doors on the passenger side and the front passenger-side fender...

that door was crappy anyways, needed a repaint just hope they admit their fault IF they did it.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:02 PM

Damn thats messed up, let us know whether the neighbors fessed up or not. If they didnt and you cant provide any proof i dont think the cops can help you on pure speculation.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:04 PM

maybe its someone from the body shop, that keeps hitting you.

-but that really sucks, sry.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:58 PM

This all reminds me of Jeff's ( ) car.. better watch out for that 4th time
Old 12-23-2004, 07:22 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

I got home and found their truck on the driveway. I quickly parked parallel behind their driveway area and hit the highbeams.... there's a nice streak at the edge of their bumper where the dirt has rubbed off.

I went over and asked them if we could take a look at his truck with him considering the damage was done pretty high on the door and it lookd like a truck hit it.

He told me his wife had taken the truck out in the morning so she came out and they did a "demo" of them backing the car up close to where the damage was...

height was a perfect match.

They looked at the paint rubbing on their car and it had a bluish tint to it... to me it looked gray.

What could I tell them if they make a fuss about it? My car is superblack. My guess is it's the clearcoat that's on their car considering the paint damage on my car is not deep. why would it look "blue"?

I just told them we'll look at it during the day time and figure it out. He said if they did it, they'lll take care of it, but they did not accept completely at this point.

I was being as nice as possible, and they were pretty nice about it too. Hopefully it will end cleanly... i dont want to have to prove him wrong and hope he just realizes the damage is OBVIOUSLY his wife's fault.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:27 PM

ur best bet is to check their car to see if their cars have ne type of pearl to their paint, take pictures before they have the ability to take it and get it corrected. just remember no tag numbers or faces.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:48 PM
be the change u want2C

I say get your lawyer involved if they end up saying it wasnt them, from what you said of there demo backing up the car, it defin.. sounds like it was them.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:54 AM
Unsuccesful STL Coordinator

F' that, F'in people. That crap get pisses my off so much. Go back a baseball bat into their quarter panel.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:58 AM

If it was a scrape, the color would be lighter on their car then it is on your car. Also, keep in mind that they have a chrome bumper so a scrape will also make the color a little lighter.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:38 AM
is invisible

This sounds like a

I would say good luck, but it seems you have the worst of it.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:10 AM

A laywer is not going to be able to do much. No witnesses. Your neighbor sounds like he being accomadating but when push comes to shove he may not make good on his claim if you feel he did it. Good Luck, Hope it works out for you.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:30 AM
aka UNCDooD

damn man. sounds like me after I first got my car. within the first 1.5-2 years of owning the car it was in the body shop 6 times. hope everything turns out good.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:29 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

I haven't talked to them yet today..... i went out and found the dust and stuff on my car is wiped off and on their car, the residue paint is gone. However, the rest of their bumper remains dirty except for the part that touched my car, and you can still see some rubbing effect left on his chrome bumper.

here are some pics from today:

angles on how the cars were parked:

Old 12-24-2004, 06:45 PM

I got news for you if there was no dent in your car the night before and there was a dent the next morning and it's the kind of damage you can only get from a car backing into yours, that is not damge from a side swipe or aything else. Your neighbor across the street did it! Go do this to him!

It sure looks like that truck backed into you, and they new they did it. They just aren't cowboying the *uck up!
Old 12-24-2004, 06:56 PM

ask them to pay for the repairs and if they don't, well, wait about a year and do something worse!!!!!
Old 12-24-2004, 08:19 PM
no more maxima...

You need to start parking on your driveway.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Unsuccesful STL Coordinator

Man, how funny is it that the paint is wiped off. You know what that is right, tampering with evidence, get the cops involved. Those dirt-bags need to be held accountable.

Quick Reply: alright my car must be invisible...