General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

New S\C Frontier commercial question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2000, 08:27 AM
Disco Biscuit

So is it just me, or does the slo-mo commercial of the Frontier's body twisting and flexing look really bad? I mean it looks like the bed is about to break off! To me it just shows poor build quality. It shouldnt be doing that should it? It looked like it was just driving over bolders, not loose gravel !!! If we drove a 2K Max over gravel would it look like that too?
Old 10-05-2000, 08:45 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Well I've seem similar truck commercials and the bed did the same thing.. I think it was a chevy commercial.. Like a rock.. hehe. and it was flexing just the same. If think if it didn't flex.. the rear end would bounce all over the place.

ZuM
Old 10-05-2000, 08:54 AM
The missing moderator

Originally posted by Whitemax
So is it just me, or does the slo-mo commercial of the Frontier's body twisting and flexing look really bad? I mean it looks like the bed is about to break off! To me it just shows poor build quality. It shouldnt be doing that should it? It looked like it was just driving over bolders, not loose gravel !!! If we drove a 2K Max over gravel would it look like that too?
Truck beds ALWAYS flex like that. If you consider the fact that it's onlly bolted on to two rails, you can understand why it does that.
Old 10-05-2000, 11:03 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

yep they gotta flex

otherwise it would be too stiff and bouncing everywhere. Compare it to a bridge, bridges are able to expand and flex because otherwise they'd crack. Ok, bad example lol.

BTW- I love the new commercials for the frontier. The tv spot is great and the print ads are better. "It doesn't roll of the line... it struts" Love it. =)

Chris