General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

OT question on extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 12:52 AM

OT question on extended warranty

hi, im a few days away from driving my 99 maxima es 5spd off the lot for around 13,000 canadian. excluding all taxes and other. i've read on a web page that i should not buy an extended warranty from a dealership, especialy the one that i bought my car from. but the website also reffers readers to its approved warranty dealers, which makes me think everyone wants to sell their ******* warranty and rip me a new money-hole. i live in canada and im wondering if any of you can recommend me to an extended warranty?
i mpositive iv already lost money and i just dont know what to get for a 99 maxima 5spd, and which company to go with. im new
if anyone can help ,thanks in advance

car info& pic
Old 01-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Please change your font color. I have a great extended warranty package that I purchased when I bought my car. I'll look up the info when I get home from work and post the information for you so you can do some research / comparisions.

Edit: Here is the link for CNA National which is who I have my warranty through.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:25 PM

thanks man that would help alot
my head's still spinning and even after deciding to buy and signing, i still have more thinking to do.
im such a paranoid buyer, i think that everyone involved with cars as a main source of income, is a rotten sack of **** that would sell their own mother.
i have a scenario made up, i imagine people stealing my car in a week because a crooked dealer gave them my address and a key to my car. which makes me think i need to buy every insurance they offer. but thats also what they want
so many worries when you buy your first car
thx again
Old 01-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

No problem - glad this previous car salesman could help out
Old 01-16-2005, 10:49 PM

The warranty company I like and recommend!

1sourceautowarranty.com Is where I bought my extended warranty for my 99 Honda CRV and my 03 Maxima.. With a 100 dollar deductible the price was 825.00 dollars. Pretty close to a so called BUMPER TO BUMPER warranty (since there is no such thing even through a car dealer) Bumper to bumper warranty is just a term the dealers use cus they will not replace moldings, belts, glass, tires, filters, etc. I have had only one issue and that was with the CRV. My blower motor went out on me at -35 degrees and I need it replaced fast. I went to the nearest ASE mechanic, got the guote and had them call 1Source warranty to autherize the work and they did. The warranty paid with their companies credit card and I was on my way when the work was done. It was that easy. I have had the warranty for 2 years now. It cover 10 model years (1999 CRV covered till 2009) 0r 100,000 miles. Of course many factors play into affect with the price of the warranty....wether the car is currently under warranty reduces the price or if its not its alittle more. Hope this helps.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:57 PM

'my first maxima' yeah it helps alot, i read about them on http://www.carbuyingtips.com/ and on http://www.buy-and-sell-car-secrets.com/
is there anybody out there who has excersized their ext. warranty more than once or twice?
Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
No problem - glad this previous car salesman could help out
haha sorry, no offence when i said "i think that everyone involved with cars as a main source of income, is a rotten sack of **** that would sell their own mother."
its just a strong opinion but i dont mean to say that i've dealt with every single car salesman on the planet, but sometimes when such a scary stereotype seems like it's true..it seems like a realy small world.
i read this post here :
"I always recommend manufacturers' official extended warranties to consumers who want to have the peace of mind that an extended warranty provides. Manufacturers are much more likely to step up to the plate and cover a repair than an independent third party warranty provider because it is in manufacturers' best interest to keep you as a happy, and for their sake hopefully a loyal customer. "
is this true? where can i find an official extended warranty? rather than deciding on my own i would like to be reffered by someone with experience with these things. me having none, im sure i stick out like a target. i want to avoid getting ripped off more!
Old 01-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by dayglo
'my first maxima' yeah it helps alot, i read about them on http://www.carbuyingtips.com/ and on http://www.buy-and-sell-car-secrets.com/
is there anybody out there who has excersized their ext. warranty more than once or twice?
3 Times......
#1 - Ignition coils replaced
#2 - transmission replaced
#3 - wheel bearing