General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Who can do a burn out with an auto stock?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2000, 09:50 AM

I've tried so freakin hard last night but couldn't do it. i was about to do a neurtal drop but since nissan's tranny isn't that good in the first place, i dunno. the only mod i have are 16" rims with fairly new tires. i'm guessing on my old 15's i could. what i did was pull the e-brake all the way up and torque braked the hell out of it and i was just draggin my back tires. any advice?
Old 10-06-2000, 10:46 AM

use dish washing liquid...i hear bleach works good too

if all else fails..get a rental car
Old 10-06-2000, 11:07 AM
I'm needing a caw

You must be a glutten 4 punishment->

given the dubious reliabilty of Nissan auto trannies w/o any mods. Or did you upgrade?
Old 10-06-2000, 11:40 AM
The missing moderator

Originally posted by Romeo
I've tried so freakin hard last night but couldn't do it. i was about to do a neurtal drop but since nissan's tranny isn't that good in the first place, i dunno. the only mod i have are 16" rims with fairly new tires. i'm guessing on my old 15's i could. what i did was pull the e-brake all the way up and torque braked the hell out of it and i was just draggin my back tires. any advice?
Yeah... get a rental. So you know that nissan's tranny sucks, yet you are trying to do a burn out...

Don't do it man... not worth it.
Old 10-06-2000, 12:43 PM

Hmm, what's a burn-out?
Old 10-06-2000, 01:50 PM

I had no problem roasting my tires in a burnout. Of course it depended on what surface I was on too. Also it helps to get the tires alittle damp too .
Old 10-06-2000, 02:33 PM

burnout

haha i dont even know how to do one?? so how do u do one on an auto?? i dont burn out i only chirp.. and when its wet.. i just slide...

hehehe
Old 10-06-2000, 03:04 PM
Got Bent?

I think the E-brake only applies the rear brakes. Try pressing the brake with one foot, while pressing the gas slightly to bring the revs up to 1500 or so. Let go of the brake and floor it at the same time. You may just get a chirp out of this though depending on your tires and surface. Also, don't torque break like that for too long (more than a few seconds). Your torque converter will overheat. By the way, never do a neutral drop on your car. Rental maybe, but right before you turn it in....you don't want to be left stranded just in case.
Old 10-06-2000, 07:31 PM

nissan tranny

Just caught what you guys were saying about the Nissan Tranny--is it really that bad? I noticed it isn't as smooth as the one in my v6 camry (from 93 and it shifts seemlessly time and time again at 100K). My 97 Max sometimes jerks downshifting and stuff--what is the word on the nissan tranny? any serious problems that is out?
appreciate the info.

=) Brian
Old 10-06-2000, 07:35 PM

If you're on the street...

Find a nice paint stripe to sit on too. That'll help you at least chirp, tho I can do it without the paint as well. In the rain if it's slick enough, you can get wheelspin after you're already moving. I wouldn't recommend it tho.hehe
Old 10-06-2000, 07:39 PM

don't force it.. i do burn outs right before i run at sears on the side of the burn out box to make sure i dont' have ne liquids on my tire from the side of the burn out boxes. i usually go around them. i apply the ebrake holding the button down so i can release it at anytime, and depress the brakes. this one time i did it too long nad the abs light came on as i was doing the quarter mile. scared the bageeses outa me but it went away after a few min. also keep in mind new tires are sticky just wait a few weeks
Old 10-06-2000, 07:43 PM

I have only chirped mine, but if you have a spare 500 lbs of weight or two to three dead people put them in the trunk
That should take some weight off of the front so you can burn em longer
Old 10-06-2000, 07:49 PM

oh another rice trick i picked up a few yrz back when i had my rex.. use a speedbumps. drive over the speed bump with the edge of the back of the speed bump is against your rear tire, pull the ebrake and hold the brake with your left foot and floor the gas at the same time u let off the brakes
Old 10-06-2000, 10:03 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

Easy, hold parking brake and gas it. i did a fat burnout when i was bone stock. Have a nice pic of it email me if you wanna see it.
Please dont call it an E-brake, sounds really dumb. In an emergency situation, will you pull the "E-brake?" what happens when you do? it locks the rears, and you can lose control and die or get in an accident. Manufacturers used to call it E-brake and long time ago when a lady lost her brakes, used the "E-brake", and crashed then sued the manufacter and got lots of money.(true story)
Old 10-07-2000, 12:23 AM

what i did-

i am NOT doing a neutral drop. i realize i will screw myself over royally. what i did was leave it in 1 and pulled the PARKING BRAKE all the way up and also help my foot on the brake and then as i gave it gas, let go of the foot brake and then waited on the PARKING but i just dragged my back tires. it's weird because i can feel my back plant and grip but i am still dragging them. should i stomp on the gas hard or slowly rev. someone said to ease the gas and i'll have a better shot. i can chirp them, but i want to do a burn out, dunno why, but i do.
Old 10-07-2000, 05:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I saw this on an Intergra once. He put his windshield wiper tubes right above his tires and he put bleach in the container. So when he wanted to light em up at a light, he would spray the good ole wiper fluid button and punch it and he would spin the tires pretty good in his auto. It was kinda cool actually... good thing I don't have to worry bout doing that.
Old 10-07-2000, 10:15 PM

Auto Burnout

I have a 92 SE auto. The first time I burned out my car I destroyed the tranny. I wasn't even doing a nuetral drop. I went to this old school parking lot and pulled onto this slick spot on the asphalt. I then pulled up the parking brake and floored it. It broke out spinning pulling both wheels and filled the car up with smoke. After doing that about three or four times that night I destroyed the tranny. After I got it fixed I was scared to ever burnout again. I didn't do burnouts for about 2 years I think. i then messed up another tranny, backing up out of a driveway and scraping the tranny pan across a cement covet. That destroyed the tranny over time because it leaked all the time. I finally got that one rebuilt and I still didn't do burnouts for a while. Finally some of my friends were burning out and talking **** so I pulled out in front of the house on a slick spot in the road. I snatched up the parking brake, put it in nuetral and started revving the car really high. I then dropped it all the way into Low 1. It saw there and spun and eventually started to drag the car so I just let go. I did it about three or four times and haven't had a tranny problem since. The best place I did a burnout was the dragstrip. When I would pull up to race, I would have the car shifted into Low 1, then I would let my front tires get right on top of the slick spot. I then would ****** up the parking brake and just floor it. It would sit there and spin until I let it go. The car would not move a bit. The only thing about sitting still and burning out is you have to watch your tach and temperature guage. You don't want to be redlining the car or make the car run hot.
Old 10-07-2000, 11:32 PM

hmm...I've been burning out for fun on my 5sp maxima. Not really hard all the time, most of the times with chirps. Is the tranny that bad? should I be worried about driving hard again?