General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

A serious question on tickets/getting caught....

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2000, 05:45 PM

Ok....tonight I did something kinda stupid...I wasn't in heavy traffic but I kinda cut someone off and then locked the wheels and made some noise. Up front I'll tell you I'm paranoid. I ALWAYS feel like someone is gonna write down my plate and turn me in for "Bad driving".

My question(to make me feel better): Can you really get a ticket if someone says...."OH...XXX XXX plate was doing burnouts/racing/etc."?

I mean how could they prove it? It could be a different driver in your car....which your still responsible. They wouldn't keep a record of reported plates right

ok...I feel better now. This board SUCKS cuz you guys are the WORST influence on me!

Mike S.
Old 08-23-2000, 05:56 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

i wouldn't worry about it too much...

i know in some states like NJ you can call from a cell phone to report "aggressive" driving and many times they'll send an unmarked cop to pull that car over...

my guess is now that your home i wouldn't worry...most likely if this person was slamming on their brakes and locking there wheels then they didn't have enough time to catch your plates...
Old 08-23-2000, 06:09 PM

well......

See....I don't know what comes over me.....It was a guy in a 99-00 2 door accord v6. I KNOW I'm slower than him but I just had to do the ricer fly by on the right hand lane. Then I got in front of him and had to hit the brakes for a turn......then the tail of the car steped out but quick came back in after I got off the brake. I was DUMB. It was a twisty hwy so I'm sure he had both hands on the wheel. I'm just afraid some day some of the fast driving is gonna come and bite me in the ***!

Mike S.
Old 08-23-2000, 06:13 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: well......

Originally posted by Mike S.
See....I don't know what comes over me.....It was a guy in a 99-00 2 door accord v6. I KNOW I'm slower than him but I just had to do the ricer fly by on the right hand lane. Then I got in front of him and had to hit the brakes for a turn......then the tail of the car steped out but quick came back in after I got off the brake. I was DUMB. It was a twisty hwy so I'm sure he had both hands on the wheel. I'm just afraid some day some of the fast driving is gonna come and bite me in the ***!

Mike S.

i know the feeling of feeling DUMB...just take a lesson from this and just avoid doing stuff like that in the future...then you wont have to worry if some guy will call the cops....

plus you may end up cutting the wrong person off and have that person chase you down...around me there are way too many cases of that so i avoid pissing off other drivers as much as possible...actually i knew someone that was kill by a road raged driver...beat him with a hammer and im not joking...
Old 08-23-2000, 06:33 PM

yea......

I feel better now.....I'm just paranoid

ps-I'm really a very restrained driver but get a little excited every once in a while.

BTW: Where are you with that snow? I'm in Buffalo, NY...lots of white stuff.

Old 08-23-2000, 06:46 PM
Vic

don't worry

if he did call the cops you would have already known he did.
just be lucky that he didn't slam into your rear..then your max would be damaged and THEN insurance would blame you for aggressive driving
Vic
Old 08-23-2000, 06:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Did someone in NJ tell you that? I've lived here most of my life and never heard of such a thing. IMO, cops barely care enough about traffic problems they see much less ones they don't. Also, unless the officer witnesses the incident, the witness would have to file the charge. More than likely, they would talk the person out of it since it's just more paperwork for them.

Originally posted by Chris91SE
i wouldn't worry about it too much...

i know in some states like NJ you can call from a cell phone to report "aggressive" driving and many times they'll send an unmarked cop to pull that car over...

my guess is now that your home i wouldn't worry...most likely if this person was slamming on their brakes and locking there wheels then they didn't have enough time to catch your plates...
Old 08-23-2000, 07:13 PM

Hey Mike I tell you another one

A friend I know from school was driving one afternoon and was following the traffic normally. There was this modded honda winding between cars cutting people off no blinkers just being an A** H***. He (the honda's numb brain), decided to make the same pass on a Cadillac going in fron of my friend. The guy in the caddy step on the gas and cought up with him (the honda guy). The passenger window rolled down and repeated flashes (of light) my friend saw through the tinted rear glass of the caddy (from behind). The honda pull right and smashed against the wall and amidst smoke and fluid rushing from the botom of the car, traffic backing up and car swirving arround on a hurry to avoid a collision there was this brainiac pale scared to death because he was just shot at 5 times (didn't hit him but put holes on all the side windows).
I guess he gambled too much, that lucky bast@rd.

Old 08-23-2000, 07:25 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: yea......

Originally posted by Mike S.
I feel better now.....I'm just paranoid

ps-I'm really a very restrained driver but get a little excited every once in a while.

BTW: Where are you with that snow? I'm in Buffalo, NY...lots of white stuff.

LOL! i am in south jersey outside of philly...that was back in jan or feb...i was bored at work so i went to the the self serve place down the street and started to detail my car...found a camera and snapped some shots ...need to get a summertime pic
Old 08-23-2000, 07:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You can't where I come from. . .

A couple years back my mom was driving her car around town and these stupid kids decided to have some fun with her for one reason or another, she was going the speed limit on a road notorious for cops, anyway, these kids tapeed the bumper of her car like 4 or 5 times and didn't pull over after the fact, my mom got the license number and told the police about them, but since there wasn't any significant damage and no cop saw them, they couldn't do anything about it. . . I think it is a load of BS, but it they couldn't get a ticket, I doubt you could. BTW, this was in CA.
Old 08-23-2000, 11:47 PM

There's not alot anyone can do reporting your plate #'s unless they are a friend of a cop. If you could report people based on plate #'s you would have a ton of paranoid drivers reporting every-other person they saw.

I wouldn't worry about it. Unless the cop sees you himself, you be cool.