General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

very Fustrated........

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 11:33 AM

very Fustrated........

i have been out for 2 hours trying to change my corner bulb, the ones next to the headlight.............. i just cant seem to figure out how to take the damn bulb out.............. can somebody please help me....
Old 02-15-2005, 11:42 AM

I would think that you can twist the bulb holder base and pull it out. That's how they are mounted in the housing.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:02 PM

take out the bulb or take that whole housing out?

but all light bulbs in the car (atleast in front and rear) will involve some type of twisting.

dont feel bad I was a bit confused with the KS and getting that b!tch out, till 10 min later my brother can and looked at it for 5 sec and said, pull this metal piece up. . . . D'oh!
Old 02-15-2005, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Makavelidadon
i have been out for 2 hours trying to change my corner bulb, the ones next to the headlight.............. i just cant seem to figure out how to take the damn bulb out.............. can somebody please help me....
you have to unscrew the 1 screw on top and pop that sucker out(the whole corner lamp housing) it takes a little force but it will come out.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by C MAX
you have to unscrew the 1 screw on top and pop that sucker out(the whole corner lamp housing) it takes a little force but it will come out.
Yup... theres one screw on top. Then you can pop the entire lens off. It takes some muscle but its VERY straight forward.

if not successful sell the car and shred your license...
Old 02-15-2005, 12:48 PM

corner light is easier to take out if you get that screw out then pull on it and look in an see where it is connected still and put a flat head screw driver in there and twist, corner light will come out with ease.