General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Post-Review of NASA's Open Track Day in Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2001, 01:32 PM

Post-Event Review:
The LVMS's road course ROCKS! It was my first time on their track but man it was just SWEET. I had a really slow car (topped out only at 95mph in the straights) but there were other cars such as a 600+rwhp Supra, a 400rwhp Cobra, etc that was topping out at close to 130mph at the end of the straights. The turns were all 40mph-60mph turns (if you know how to drive) and I got a good full hour of track time. I could have had more but my car was overheating due to the 90 degree heat, high rpm racing, and a rinkadink radiator.

My fastest lap time was 1:38.016. Just for comparison purposes:
a 97? Cobra was turning 1:36.010
a stock car was out doing 1:30s
a 1st gen spec RX7 was at 1:39s (Spec RX-7s are SCCA club-racing dominators. I was happy I was beating this guy).
the Supra was doing 1:40s (decent driver, a previous 600+rwhp Supra was turning 1:32s)

My highlights: Passing a C4 in a turn while he was on power. Passing a new Mustang GT in the straight cause he didn't exit a turn correctly. Getting passed by the Supra when i was WOT at 90mph and he passed me like i stood still. Following a new driver in his M3 getting sideways in 90% of the turns.

It was A LOT of fun. Well worth every penny of the $170 i paid. Getting lap times also helped understand how I was progressing (if at all).

For those who attended the Open-track.com's event, what times were you guys posting?
Old 05-06-2001, 02:19 PM
RussMaxManiac

What car was this in?

Originally posted by SCCA Solo2
Post-Event Review:
The LVMS's road course ROCKS! It was my first time on their track but man it was just SWEET. I had a really slow car (topped out only at 95mph in the straights) but there were other cars such as a 600+rwhp Supra, a 400rwhp Cobra, etc that was topping out at close to 130mph at the end of the straights. The turns were all 40mph-60mph turns (if you know how to drive) and I got a good full hour of track time. I could have had more but my car was overheating due to the 90 degree heat, high rpm racing, and a rinkadink radiator.

My fastest lap time was 1:38.016. Just for comparison purposes:
a 97? Cobra was turning 1:36.010
a stock car was out doing 1:30s
a 1st gen spec RX7 was at 1:39s (Spec RX-7s are SCCA club-racing dominators. I was happy I was beating this guy).
the Supra was doing 1:40s (decent driver, a previous 600+rwhp Supra was turning 1:32s)

My highlights: Passing a C4 in a turn while he was on power. Passing a new Mustang GT in the straight cause he didn't exit a turn correctly. Getting passed by the Supra when i was WOT at 90mph and he passed me like i stood still. Following a new driver in his M3 getting sideways in 90% of the turns.

It was A LOT of fun. Well worth every penny of the $170 i paid. Getting lap times also helped understand how I was progressing (if at all).

For those who attended the Open-track.com's event, what times were you guys posting?

Old 05-07-2001, 07:53 AM

Originally posted by Russ2kSE
What car was this in?

1990 Honda CRX HF (130hp).

If i was in the Max, I woulda hit probably 115mph in the straights. There was this really long straight that killed any time i made in the turns.